THE BROWNS BOARD

FORBES OT/OG

darren15

More

With pick 189 in the 2019 NFL Draft, the #Browns select Drew Forbes, OG, Southeast Missouri. Drew Forbes posted a Elite #RAS with Good size, Elite speed, Great explosiveness, Good agility at the OG position.

D5L1gZeWsAAGK5I.png
  • Upvote 1

am dying to take a tape look at this guy..At his size, His explosion numbers only fall short behind A.Dillard.. Betters Jonah Williams & Risner.. found under a rock of sleepers? he will see top comp now...Welcome to the Land! Big Drew!! bring it 💪..  am out guys..get to a draft & have a Blast..Go Browns!!

46 minutes ago, nickers said:

Word is that he is nasty and thats cool...

Nasty is a good word.. Get your 🥞 ready !!

he's got OL prick'ism :) word of the day (prick'ism)..

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Nasty is a good word.. Get your 🥞 ready !!

he's got OL prick'ism :) word of the day (prick'ism)..

I’m guessing at his size and at his school he was a man among boys, but watching this you can see the appeal. Looks like a good candidate for misdirection plays, which l tend to think Kitchens is pretty good at drawing up, and you can definitely see the “finisher” compliment he was given in the interview clip. Gonna be fun to watch this guy develop.

He seems to have the feets to stick at tackle. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's easy to imagine him at tackle - he showed lateral movement to pull very quickly - very smart, very tough, even

mean every play, blocking a guy right into the ground, and he can go downfield with the rest of the players on the field...

a steal, I think. These Browns leave no stone unturned, and they know the qualities they are looking for are the right qualities.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I don't get the head ducked when trying to land his initial strike...     Appears to be an ok bender at the knees.   Sometimes has his weight too far out in front of him in pass pro sets though.   Raw tools to be coached up are there. 

Think he probably needs to move inside like Bitonio and Corbett?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

I don't get the head ducked when trying to land his initial strike...     Appears to be an ok bender at the knees.   Sometimes has his weight too far out in front of him in pass pro sets though.   Raw tools to be coached up are there. 

Putting your head down is a mechanism to focus power. I would liken it to a baseball or fastpitch player putting their head down to focus on hitting a pitch, and l’m sure every Olineman does it when needed to fend off a bull rush or other power play. Are you saying he does it too early? And perhaps that mitigates his ability to disengage and reengage on stunts or delayed blitzes?

29 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That clip was a very limited sample size designed to make Forbes look as good as possible, but it looked to me like he has the quicks to stay at Tackle. I mean, they basically used him as a pulling Tackle. You don’t really see much of that in the NFL. So l doubt there will be many designed plays where he’s sweeping behind the line to pick up a block on the other side of Center, but it’s a good asset to have. 

32 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Looks like it, measurements would indicate that as well.

14 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Putting your head down is a mechanism to focus power. I would liken it to a baseball or fastpitch player putting their head down to focus on hitting a pitch, and l’m sure every Olineman does it when needed to fend off a bull rush or other power play. Are you saying he does it too early? And perhaps that mitigates his ability to disengage and reengage on stunts or delayed blitzes?

I mean he does it as he's landing his strike and it's almost like his head titles forward and eyes drop.   So....  that's not ideal.

The norm is we keep 8 lineman on the 53..Kush & Lamm should make 7. The squeeze is on Harrison/Witzmann. and neither guys game tape looks that great imo. Lamm is a good swing tackle pick-up..Buys time to get Forbes coached up.. He'll be the first to tell you, he needs pro coaching and sounds coachable. Loads of more film out there now of Forbes..He does have some of the same habits, from tape to tape to get coached out of..most rooks do..He will get his chance..Sometimes that's all it takes 

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

It's easy to imagine him at tackle - he showed lateral movement to pull very quickly - very smart, very tough, even

mean every play, blocking a guy right into the ground, and he can go downfield with the rest of the players on the field...

a steal, I think. These Browns leave no stone unturned, and they know the qualities they are looking for are the right qualities.

His 32 5/8" arms will push him inside.  His quickness and agility could move him to center.

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Tell ya what, having a center with quicks that can pull is a rare gift and let's you get pretty creative up front. 

Which is why NO trade up from 62 to 48 to take C Erik McCoy who was used as an effective pulling center multiple times a game under Jimbo Fisher.

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Tell ya what, having a center with quicks that can pull is a rare gift and let's you get pretty creative up front. 

I agree.  I wasn't saying that as a put down.  I think we need to look at him there as well as guard..

Player X rated #105 of the top 150 players of the NFL Draft, according to the article. Not bad in the sixth. 

The Browns killed this draft. 

Odel Beckham Jr.

Greedy Williams

Sione Takitaki

Sheldrick Redwine

Mack Wilson

Drew Forbes 

Plus, many of the UDFA that we signed could have decided to come here to play with us over other teams. Many chances at getting a steal there as well. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/30/prospect-x-mystery-draft-sleeper-reveal

Prospect X revealed ...... drafts biggest sleeper

" Browns area scout Colton Chapple caught his attention at lunch after his pro day, when he told X that Cleveland doesn’t necessarily think he has to move to guard at the next level, they might give him a chance to develop at tackle—the Browns were the only team to tell him that. "

Well, I said I easily imagine him being able to play tackle. Seems I'm alone. "short arms, move to OG..." ???

Arms an INCH shorter? Seriously? I'd rather have that, with very quick feet and excellent balance and power, and work ethic and LOVE for the game....than a guy with a bit sluggish feet and balance, with real long arms.

BTW, Forbes' arm length is 32 3/4 ". Guess whose arm length was 33 3/4 " ?

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Joe&l=Thomas&i=7818

I admire this guy - he will work himself into success with the Browns. I hope Joe Thomas gets to come and work with him.

• Upvote 1

2" of "wingspan" is a big difference, cal... and wingspan is the better measure, IMO.

This kid flew under my radar, but the 10 split and 3-cone times are impressive for a 300+ OL...

• Upvote 2