THE BROWNS BOARD

Mack The Knife

Zombo

On 4/27/2019 at 5:14 PM, Flugel said:

Lindy's Draft Guide has him as the #3 rated ILB as a true junior in 2018 with a 2nd round projection. Here's a video I found:

I still fondly remember when Greg Loyd tried to spear Kevin Mack.  More specifically, Loyd took a field trip to Mars and woke up to smelling salts thinking he was in Pluto. The poor knuckleheads that had to carry his asss off the field had to say "Welcome to Cleveland!"

In honor of the warm fuzzies, here's a song for the new badasss in town named Mack:

Based on recent camp footage and preseason game #1 - did the film lie about Mack's instincts at defending the pass?  He gets to his area and closes on the ball incredibly well crediting much of this to his prior experience on offense once upon a time.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:00 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

If we didn't move up for White or Bush, I really wanted either Pratt from NCSt or Mack Wilson from Bama. I was extremely disappointed when we did not take him in the 3rd after Pratt was taken ahead of us. I jumped through the roof when we got him unexpectedly in the 5th. This pick makes me as happy as getting Greedy to compliment Ward. Now we can have a damn great defense.

Like I said after the game Thursday-STEAL!

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Can Mack Wilson actually turn out better than either  White or Bush as the premier ILB in this past draft?

Only time will tell.  He will have to keep on keeping on, which I suspect he will because his production did drop his last season at Bama.  Not sure why....maybe other teams gamed for him a lot more because he was a very dominate player the year before.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Can Mack Wilson actually turn out better than either  White or Bush as the premier ILB in this past draft?

I can see all 3 at the same excellent level myself. I'd have been happy with any of them and he damn sure was a steal in the 5th. He'd have gone a lot higher had he stayed for his senior year at Bama.

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I can see all 3 at the same excellent level myself. I'd have been happy with any of them and he damn sure was a steal in the 5th. He'd have gone a lot higher had he stayed for his senior year at Bama.

I’m sure glad he didn’t. He looks like he could be awesome. If he and TakiTaki can fill that void we’ve had at LB, that front seven, and the D in general... look out 

Takitaki looks like a great special team guy that could develop into a decen rotational player. High mmeffort guy that will always push the guy in front of him. Wilson needs a little development but giving how pass driven the nfl is now I would think he should start sooner rather than later. Kirksey should be sweating bullets

On 5/2/2019 at 8:22 AM, Vagitron said:

You boys drafted takitaki ahead of Mack.  Mack's college production fell off the map as his college career went on, it's why he fell as far as he did. 

And....   

On 5/2/2019 at 8:38 AM, Vagitron said:

Im not dancing around anything.  Mack Wilson fell off big time in college.  He went from being talked as a sure fire first rounder to falling to the 5th round because of his lack of impact on the field.  He at the very least will be really good on special teams but i wouldn't count on him shaping the defense.  He fell for a reason. 

For a 5th round pick he looked mighty good Thursday. Last year Avery, this year Mack.  Dorsey is hitting those picks in the low rounds- just like the Steelers do- hopefully used to do.  

On 8/10/2019 at 11:21 PM, The Gipper said:

Remains to be seen Gipper. NFL.com was gushing about Bush's performance in their preseason game. Then again as a first rounder- that's what they're supposed to do. Expect Vag to be creaming his pants when he reads this:   

On the upswing:

"Devin Bush, the next great Steelers linebacker: Asking a rookie to call plays in the huddle, not to mention live up to the tradition of Steelers inside linebackers, is usually asking too much. However, Bush looks fully assembled straight out of the box. He flew around the field in the preseason opener against the Bucs, dominating the backups around him like a plus starter should. In just one half he recorded 10 tackles, including five "stops," a Pro Football Focus stat measuring solo tackles that constitute an offensive failure. Because of the position he plays and the opportunity in front of him, he's my early favorite for Defensive Rookie of the Year."

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

And....   

For a 5th round pick he looked mighty good Thursday. Last year Avery, this year Mack.  Dorsey is hitting those picks in the low rounds- just like the Steelers do- hopefully used to do.  

Remains to be seen Gipper. NFL.com was gushing about Bush's performance in their preseason game. Then again as a first rounder- that's what they're supposed to do. Expect Vag to be creaming his pants when he reads this:   

On the upswing:

"Devin Bush, the next great Steelers linebacker: Asking a rookie to call plays in the huddle, not to mention live up to the tradition of Steelers inside linebackers, is usually asking too much. However, Bush looks fully assembled straight out of the box. He flew around the field in the preseason opener against the Bucs, dominating the backups around him like a plus starter should. In just one half he recorded 10 tackles, including five "stops," a Pro Football Focus stat measuring solo tackles that constitute an offensive failure. Because of the position he plays and the opportunity in front of him, he's my early favorite for Defensive Rookie of the Year."

Doesn't every Vag need a great Bush?

I thought Devin Bush was better than Devin White Pre-draft in the film I watched of the 2. Slightly better instincts in Bush.  All the hype was on White's foot speed and the only thing that separated the 2 in the 40 was 1-2 hundredths of second when the 2 ran in the 4.4s.  Of course, Bush would be the 1st player Pittsburgh has traded up for in round 1 in a long time.   Vag is usually full of yeast; unfortunately I agree w/him this time about Bush. 

Now back to the comfort zone of disagreeing w/ Vag.  Mack Wilson is the steal of the draft.  I had a blast digging up different videos of him to share in different threads in April and May.  He showing all the same instincts in practice and in the preseason opener.  Nick Saban doesn't have to beg anyone to stay when you look at how easily he re-stocks his team with all the top recruits.  However, it sure sounded like he was begging Wilson to stay when he learned Mack wanted to enter the draft early in 2019.  In fact, he's still fussing about losing him early to the draft.  That says all that it has to about Wilson.     

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Some need bikini wax!

I thought Devin Bush was better than Devin White Pre-draft in the film I watched of the 2. Slightly better instincts in Bush.  All the hype was on White's foot speed and the only thing that separated the 2 in the 40 was 1-2 hundredths of second when the 2 ran in the 4.4s.  Of course, Bush would be the 1st player Pittsburgh has traded up for in round 1 in a long time.   Vag is usually full of yeast; unfortunately I agree w/him this time about Bush. 

Now back to the comfort zone of disagreeing w/ Vag.  Mack Wilson is the steal of the draft.  I had a blast digging up different videos of him to share in different threads in April and May.  He showing all the same instincts in practice and in the preseason opener.  Nick Saban doesn't have to beg anyone to stay when you look at how easily he re-stocks his team with all the top recruits.  However, it sure sounded like he was begging Wilson to stay when he learned Mack wanted to enter the draft early in 2019.  In fact, he's still fussing about losing him early to the draft.  That says all that it has to about Wilson.     

I say Wilson turns out to be the best of the bunch....just a hunch and a hope.

17 hours ago, Flugel said:

No...

Bush is looking great in the middle of the Steeler D... dammit...