THE BROWNS BOARD

Red Red Wine

Ibleedbrown

18 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I can see Hoorta running to the store to get his jersey now.

Not a chance. After a couple Pro Bowls, maybe. Got a vintage Couch jersey for sale- cheap. See what I mean?  I think Canton Mike got burned on a Danny Shelton jersey.  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not a chance. After a couple Pro Bowls, maybe. Got a vintage Couch jersey for sale- cheap. See what I mean?  I think Canton Mike got burned on a Danny Shelton jersey.  

I sure did.....and Danny autographed it! I also have a Lava-lava!!!  :rolleyes:

Mike

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I hope you get big bucks on selling them - I have TWO - one white, one brown.

dammit. lol

On 4/29/2019 at 2:07 AM, hoorta said:

You will still love Red Wine long after the player is gone.

Zombo

On 4/29/2019 at 1:07 AM, hoorta said:

I think Canton Mike got burned on a Danny Shelton jersey.  

One of these days I will take my Primo Browns #2 jersey out of it's original wrapper and have JFF sign it for me. Despite his failure in Cleveland he is still King in the House That Johnny Built-the new 100,000+ seat Kyle Field. Some day they will put his statue up there just like John David Crow, the other A&M Heisman winner.

A&M regent Jim Schwertner said. "The stars came together. We talked about this project for a long, long time. But none of us were sure how quick we could pay for this project. And because of a young man by the name of Johnny Manziel, we were able to raise all the money in two months. My vision is someday, I hope, the Aggie Nation will come together and decide that we can revise the name of Kyle Field to Kyle Field, the House That Johnny Built."

Well as long as we are on the topic of red wine, what the hell. Larry I picked up a couple bottles of this after a tasting I had at the winery about 10 miles away. It's made from a disease resistant black Spanish/American grape called Lenoir. They grow all there own right here at their winery near Florence, Texas and the sign on the door says Firence which is really what Florence is when you go to Firenze, Italy. I have no idea how the English language got Florence out of that. Anyway it's vinted as a Port wine. Very tasty.🍷🤗

https://store.thevineyardatflorence.com/collections/estate-wines/products/socrates-2011

• Upvote 1

special teams, obviously, til he develops. He has NFL physicality already. He will star on special teams right away.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Cleveland-Browns-sign-Sheldrick-Redwine-NFL-Draft-131735177/

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well as long as we are on the topic of red wine, what the hell. Larry I picked up a couple bottles of this after a tasting I had at the winery about 10 miles away. It's made from a disease resistant black Spanish/American grape called Lenoir. They grow all there own right here at their winery near Florence, Texas and the sign on the door says Firence which is really what Florence is when you go to Firenze, Italy. I have no idea how the English language got Florence out of that. Anyway it's vinted as a Port wine. Very tasty.🍷🤗

https://store.thevineyardatflorence.com/collections/estate-wines/products/socrates-2011

Looks like they'll ship wine- I may have to check the stuff out.  :)  Damn Texans don't have to worry about subzero temperatures that prevent us guys in Ohio (except a few crazies) planting vinefera. Yeah, I grow my own- French hybrids, Vidal Blanc that you've probably never heard of either. A struggle with birds, bugs, and mildew that you get in SW Ohio when it's 90 degrees and 90% humidity the end of summer. 

There's lots of oddball grape varieties no one outside of the local area has ever heard of.  Up Missouri way there's a grape variety called Norton, which is at worst drinkable, and at best decent. When we were running the wine appreciation class at the University of Dayton, our master wine guru Tom was pulling up Greek wine varietals that I had never hear of.   

You know you have a standing invitation to come up Cleveland way to meet up, and join me in my field level seats. There's plenty of great Downtown Cleveland restaurants to check out Saturday night. The main reunion this year has already been determined to be opening day with Z and the Brits flying in from England. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

There's lots of oddball grape varieties no one outside of the local area has ever heard of.  Up Missouri way there's a grape variety called Norton, which is at worst drinkable, and at best decent.

You mean this stuff? Yeah they grow those too at that same vineyard. I didn't try that though. And appreciate the standing invite Larry. One of these years. But this year we are taking both of our kids/spouses and 3 grandchildren to 5 nights at Disneyworld at our expense, so that kills the yearly travel fund not counting our yearly drive to Colorado. Celebrating our 50th a few months early to accommodate jobs/school over Thanksgiving week.

https://store.thevineyardatflorence.com/collections/estate-wines/products/inferno

On 5/5/2019 at 2:23 AM, hoorta said:

Looks like they'll ship wine- I may have to check the stuff out.  :)  Damn Texans don't have to worry about subzero temperatures that prevent us guys in Ohio (except a few crazies) planting vinefera.

I just did the "ice wine" tour and sampled some pretty tasty wines.....never had ice wine before and gotta say it was quite good(and very expensive - for me)......