THE BROWNS BOARD

Round 4

7moses7

16 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Not sure who you are talking about, but I had higher grades on UDFAs than Takitaki and Redwine. The only one I made a case for in the middle of the draft was Tiompson who went a round later.

Maybe just maybe, before you act like you are so smart, think about things you have written.

Before Greedy was taken, when someone said "no love for Greedy" this was YOUR response.

He has potential but he is a kind of soft. If we dont land Love Moreland from James Madison is my next target at CB

And Moreland went in the 7th round, thus you would have reached for him. But we can forget that, you are so good at being a GM.

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 1:48 PM, Louisville Slugger said:

Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

I liked Thompson too, but l’m just a guy with a little internet research under my belt and a half crocked opinion. No worries man. Welcoming committee time. We got fresh blood for our team. Open arms and shit. 

7 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Maybe just maybe, before you act like you are so smart, think about things you have written.

Before Greedy was taken, when someone said "no love for Greedy" this was YOUR response.

He has potential but he is a kind of soft. If we dont land Love Moreland from James Madison is my next target at CB

And Moreland went in the 7th round, thus you would have reached for him. But we can forget that, you are so good at being a GM.

I didn't say what round I just said he would be my next target for that position. I'm not saying I'm smart I'm saying I invested time in watching these guys play and I make comments on what I see. I said Greedy jas potential he is the best turn and run CB in the draft, but doesn't show alot of effort in the ground game. Hopefully Wilks can motivate him.

8 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I didn't say what round I just said he would be my next target for that position. I'm not saying I'm smart I'm saying I invested time in watching these guys play and I make comments on what I see. I said Greedy jas potential he is the best turn and run CB in the draft, but doesn't show alot of effort in the ground game. Hopefully Wilks can motivate him.

I have no issue with you having opinions/assessments on any player. But you will have a hard time to convince anyone you weren't calling for him around the Browns 2nd or 3rd.

You also absolutely did say you were that smart, saying you could do a better job than most GMs. 

I am in no way saying that it was a great pick, or not a reach for Takitaki, but you said using a 3rd on a guy who would have been an UDFA, you obviously don't know that. That is only an assumption with no factual evidence, while in the 2nd round you brought up Moreland when there IS factual evidence that he was available in the 7th round.

That isn't to say how any of them will turn out or to rank any of them. 

If your determination on being a good gm is that you spent time evaluating them, well then every GM would be GREAT, because I am sure they put in way more time, as that is their job. I have no issue with thinking this or that player will be good, but when you say things, and when questioned about it and double down and lie when its written where anyone can be seen, it hurts your credibility 

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

I have no issue with you having opinions/assessments on any player. But you will have a hard time to convince anyone you weren't calling for him around the Browns 2nd or 3rd.

You also absolutely did say you were that smart, saying you could do a better job than most GMs. 

I am in no way saying that it was a great pick, or not a reach for Takitaki, but you said using a 3rd on a guy who would have been an UDFA, you obviously don't know that. That is only an assumption with no factual evidence, while in the 2nd round you brought up Moreland when there IS factual evidence that he was available in the 7th round.

That isn't to say how any of them will turn out or to rank any of them. 

If your determination on being a good gm is that you spent time evaluating them, well then every GM would be GREAT, because I am sure they put in way more time, as that is their job. I have no issue with thinking this or that player will be good, but when you say things, and when questioned about it and double down and lie when its written where anyone can be seen, it hurts your credibility 

I may not have been clear but I didn't lie. I haven't seen a single grade of Moreland higher than the 5th. If you want to ding me I'll give you ammo, I had Tre Watson as a 4th round guy and he went undrafted. I think he is a better player Takitaki. 

I'm one of the few that put a hard opinion out there and from what I've seen those guys are better than most gms at picking talent. Look at Gettleman and tell me you couldn't do better.

I can hardly think of a more boring, life-sucking endeavour than to go look at film of a hundreds guy we MIGHT take in the mid rounds of the draft.  I mean, I watch sports, and participate on this board for the entertainment value of that activity.  I prefer to spend my time knowing the history of the game...things that have happened, that have mattered, than some esoteric function about which player has more twitch than some other that may not ultimately matter to me as a Browns fan.  Once a player is chosen for the Browns, then I want some info on him so that I know what to expect....but I don't care about all the other hundreds of players who may be up for grabs.   I pay a plumber to do my plumbing.  I have no interest or aptitude to do my own plumbing. "We"  employ the likes of Dorsey, Wolf, Highsmith etc. to do the plumbing for this team.   While I like to look at draft prospect boards, I am not going to try to do my own scouting and second guess the professionals who are paid to do that sort of thing.

3 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I may not have been clear but I didn't lie. I haven't seen a single grade of Moreland higher than the 5th. If you want to ding me I'll give you ammo, I had Tre Watson as a 4th round guy and he went undrafted. I think he is a better player Takitaki. 

I'm one of the few that put a hard opinion out there and from what I've seen those guys are better than most gms at picking talent. Look at Gettleman and tell me you couldn't do better.

Well its not like it really matters, but you did say to Gipper that you would be a better GM than most in the league. Then you said you didn't say you were smart. So I guess that could be looked at as lying or not.

Again, I would have no issue with how you value a player, whether you are completely right or wrong. It certainly appeared as wanted Moreland over Greedy, but the point you are missing is that there is factual evidence where he would have went, or the guy you mentioned (not trying to ding you), but making a statement like you know that Takitaki would have been there late or UDFA is just an assumption 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I can hardly think of a more boring, life-sucking endeavour than to go look at film of a hundreds guy we MIGHT take in the mid rounds of the draft.  I mean, I watch sports, and participate on this board for the entertainment value of that activity.  I prefer to spend my time knowing the history of the game...things that have happened, that have mattered, than some esoteric function about which player has more twitch than some other that may not ultimately matter to me as a Browns fan.  Once a player is chosen for the Browns, then I want some info on him so that I know what to expect....but I don't care about all the other hundreds of players who may be up for grabs.   I pay a plumber to do my plumbing.  I have no interest or aptitude to do my own plumbing. "We"  employ the likes of Dorsey, Wolf, Highsmith etc. to do the plumbing for this team.   While I like to look at draft prospect boards, I am not going to try to do my own scouting and second guess the professionals who are paid to do that sort of thing.

But there is absolutely nothing wrong with the ones who are the exact opposite of you there. 

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

But there is absolutely nothing wrong with the ones who are the exact opposite of you there. 

No, except I got criticized by Louisville because I didn't engage in an activity tantamount to tearing my nails off my fingers. 

I am a fan of the game...not a professional talent scout.    Pay me like  an NFL scout (what do they make? 100K per year plus all expenses?)  and maybe I would engage in that enterprise.

42 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No, except I got criticized by Louisville because I didn't engage in an activity tantamount to tearing my nails off my fingers. 

I am a fan of the game...not a professional talent scout.    Pay me like  an NFL scout (what do they make? 100K per year plus all expenses?)  and maybe I would engage in that enterprise.

I don't have an issue with either side of it. I do kind of take issue with people arguing that they would do a better job than those employed in the job, without having a clue what all the job entails. 

You, the former board troll, or anyone could have that opinion of themselves, but to actually say it like it's a fact, and then say they didn't is a bit much

6 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

So then Gettleman picked Takitaki? If not, then he really has no relevance to you saying you would be so good as a GM when referring to Takitaki. Dorsey has a pretty good record of finding talent. 

Or let's use just 1 example with Dave. Are you willing to say that Tre Watson is the next Josh Norman?

BB has a pretty great track record, and he misses way more than he hits, would you be better than him?

I saw you reference about being right about Lamar Jackson. You very well could be, but that certainly hasn't been proven yet. He didn't have as good a year as RG3 did his rookie year, how did that work out?

4 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I saw you reference about being right about Lamar Jackson. You very well could be, but that certainly hasn't been proven yet. He didn't have as good a year as RG3 did his rookie year, how did that work out?

Lamar Jackson is going to be one in a long list of running QBs who succeed early, then fade into mediocrity. 

Slugger should slow his roll on touting his prowess on pimping Jackson. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2019 at 4:03 PM, Louisville Slugger said:

What is your problem? I dont like takitaki so fuck me right? If you disagree with my opinion then study some prospects instead of trivia and we can debate. 

so how much tape did you watch on Takitaki? Every game? I seriously doubt it. Be honest- or are you just looking at some internet stuff that's available to Joe Fan?   

13 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Graded by who? I'll say this in all honesty as being a board Mod. Yeah, I've hit my share of first round picks- regarding the Browns, better than most. But don't go spouting your vast knowledge. The pros spend time scouting at least 1,000 potential players, and you're full of it if you claim the same just by looking at some draft mags. The guys who spew that stuff livelihoods don't depend on being right or wrong the majority of the time. Gettleman just put his ass on the line (after watching hours of tape and interviewing him) taking Jones over Josh Allen and Dwayne Haskins. You can call him stupid if you want- as the majority of Giants fans have, but don't call him uninformed. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gettleman just put his ass on the line (after watching hours of tape and interviewing him) taking Jones over Josh Allen and Dwayne Haskins. You can call him stupid if you want- as the majority of Giants fans have, but don't call him uninformed. 

One of the more experienced pros on NFL Radio said that the pick was right on Jones and that the only thing Gettleman should have said was that after thorough research, he was the best on the board and that's why he moved to get him at #6. The rest about other teams picking before #17 should have just not be stated. they also said that Elway got it right by taking the best player first and the QB second when he fell in his lap. Denver was one of just a few who knocked the draft out of the park. Dorsey knocked it out of the park for the entire offseason. Every major need filled with quality players. Only thing we don't know yet is OL. Jury still out. We may end up picking up help during the drops when teams close to 53. I'm sure PSs will be thoroughly vetted.

13 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I don't have an issue with either side of it. I do kind of take issue with people arguing that they would do a better job than those employed in the job, without having a clue what all the job entails. 

You, the former board troll, or anyone could have that opinion of themselves, but to actually say it like it's a fact, and then say they didn't is a bit much

I don't think you have ever seen me claim I know more than the professionals when it comes to talent evaluation.  Oh, I may have some vague impression about who I might like to see the Browns take.....but that is simply fan reaction.  (I thought they might take Mack Wilson when they took Greedy...what do I know)

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think you have ever seen me claim I know more than the professionals when it comes to talent evaluation.  Oh, I may have some vague impression about who I might like to see the Browns take.....but that is simply fan reaction.  (I thought they might take Mack Wilson when they took Greedy...what do I know)

You're almost as smart as me. I thought he was going in the 3rd round after Greedy. But no way I thought he would still be there for us in the 5th.😁

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I didn't think you did, I replied to you because of what you had said to the guy who did say he would be better than most GMs. I know I have a lot of knowledge, and I would never think that. I'm saying that it doesn't matter if it's me, you, Gh*******,or whoever, its possible to have that opinion of ourselves, but that's all it is a private opinion, when you actually state that opinion (before doubling down and "lying" about it) you open yourself up to all this scrutiny 

• Upvote 1