THE BROWNS BOARD

Round 4

7moses7

9 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

Z

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.

Z

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey. 

I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo.    You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)

24 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

staying classy?..cover your waste..your Lamar Jackson purple skirt maybe showing🤭 👗

Well I was right so about Lamar so...

12 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.

Z

That doesn't excuse taking a lesser player. I'm pretty sure Takitaki would have been available as an udfa

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey. 

I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo.    You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)

Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

You would have a point - except Deionte has far, far less experience - was on special teams because of better talent starting until his last year, I think.

and Redwine has PLENTY of experience man coverage as both a cb and safety. He can play all over. Redwine is the better pick, imho.

Compare:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/deionte-thompson

Feet/Change of Direction -Footwork is a bit of a mess in instances which he's dropping down to the LOS. Guilty of hips and a super wide spread in his feet, removing suddenness. Like his angular back-pedals and bail techniques much better to play with control and stay balanced.

Man Coverage Skills -Was not featured in a press or off man role with any consistency. At this juncture, he'd be better served continuing to play as an overhang defender and single high pass defender to help enhance abilities there and add polish.

Versatility -Willing effort as a tackler and in run support, has been buzzed down to the LOS in run help on occasion and can be successful there in the pros. Wouldn't prescribe any man coverage reps or anything where he doesn't have help behind him.

4 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.

I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me.  Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey. 

Idjit.   

17 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Well I was right so about Lamar so...

That doesn't excuse taking a lesser player. I'm pretty sure Takitaki would have been available as an udfa

Not sure how you can be so certain.

If our excellent personnel staff had him with a 3rd round grade, surely one of the other teams had him with a decent grade as well.

All those mock boards on the outside are completely different than the draft boards inside those war rooms.

You are just going by what other people speculate who are on the outside of NFL teams.

Z

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me.  Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey. 

Idjit.   

I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too

Just now, Louisville Slugger said:

I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too

I hate when people act like arrogant asshole idiots who think they know more than the professionals who have decades of experience. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I hate when people act like arrogant asshole idiots who think they know more than the professionals who have decades of experience. 

How is that arrogant? Most GMs are terrible at drafting players. I mean for the love of God a GM traded up into the 2nd round for a kicker recently. Who does that?!?! 

6 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

How is that arrogant? Most GMs are terrible at drafting players. I mean for the love of God a GM traded up into the 2nd round for a kicker recently. Who does that?!?! 

Call us when you get a job as a GM in the NFL.   Then maybe (or maybe not) you will have some credibility.  And then even if you do we can say you don't.

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Call us when you get a job as a GM in the NFL.   Then maybe (or maybe not) you will have some credibility.  And then even if you do we can say you don't.

What is your problem? I dont like takitaki so fuck me right? If you disagree with my opinion then study some prospects instead of trivia and we can debate. 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

You would have a point - except Deionte has far, far less experience - was on special teams because of better talent starting until his last year, I think.

and Redwine has PLENTY of experience man coverage as both a cb and safety. He can play all over. Redwine is the better pick, imho.

Compare:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/deionte-thompson

Feet/Change of Direction -Footwork is a bit of a mess in instances which he's dropping down to the LOS. Guilty of hips and a super wide spread in his feet, removing suddenness. Like his angular back-pedals and bail techniques much better to play with control and stay balanced.

Man Coverage Skills -Was not featured in a press or off man role with any consistency. At this juncture, he'd be better served continuing to play as an overhang defender and single high pass defender to help enhance abilities there and add polish.

Versatility -Willing effort as a tackler and in run support, has been buzzed down to the LOS in run help on occasion and can be successful there in the pros. Wouldn't prescribe any man coverage reps or anything where he doesn't have help behind him.

4 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb.

So, sluggo, ignore it, but you are just wrong.

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

So, sluggo, ignore it, but you are just wrong.

There was a reason Thompson was projected to be a top 10 pick midway through the season. He had a bad half of the season and that hurt him. Thompson could have came in and pushed burnett for snaps at SS. He needs to work on his coverage skills but he showed instincts and the ability to lay the wood in the running game.

Redwine has more versatility and is more athletic, but that doesn't make him a better football player. I dont see him being a starter at safety but maybe he can play some nickle. I dont see anything special on tape

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

So you are complaining about a reach in your opinion, yet you have no clue where he actually would have went. And you use this logic to make a case you would be better as a gm than most in the league, yet you were making a case in another thread to use 2nd round pick on a guy who went in the 7th?

None of that is to say that it was the right move, but by that then YOU would have been the one with a huge reach

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

So you are complaining about a reach in your opinion, yet you have no clue where he actually would have went. And you use this logic to make a case you would be better as a gm than most in the league, yet you were making a case in another thread to use 2nd round pick on a guy who went in the 7th?

None of that is to say that it was the right move, but by that then YOU would have been the one with a huge reach

Not sure who you are talking about, but I had higher grades on UDFAs than Takitaki and Redwine. The only one I made a case for in the middle of the draft was Tiompson who went a round later.