THE BROWNS BOARD

Sione Takitaki

Unsympathetic

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Actually New York, then they started moving west.

The first Mormon church in the US is in Kirtland.. I used to live in Kirtland.. Infact.. Steve Young made a personal pilgrimage there...

Yes, but the religion started in upstate New York.

upstate New York

Mormons are a religious and cultural group related to Mormonism, the principal branch of the Latter Day Saint movement of Restorationist Christianity, initiated by Joseph Smith in upstate New York during the 1820s.

7 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

And NFL dislikes him.. And walter.. And nfldraftscout.. And PFF.. But of course - because I posted it, it must only be me who thinks it!

I get the surprise of a prospect being drafted ahead of the projections; but I don't get your level of protest over it at the 80th pick overall.  Way too much Ticky-Tacky about Takitaki regardless of what Flip Flop Digest, the Weird Herald and your other football sources are telling you. 

Here's the stats for the OLB we drafted: 

2014  11 GP  19 TFL  4.0 TFL  3.O SACKS  0 PD  1 FF

2015  6 GP  21 TKL  7.0 TFL  3.5 SACKS  0 PD 1 FF 

2017  13 GP  79 TKL  12.5 TFL  5.0 SACKS  2 PD  O FF

2018  13 GP  118 TKL  9.0 TFL  3.0 SACKS  3 PD 0 FF

During the 2017 and 2018 seasons he started, he had 21.5 TFL, 8 sacks, 5 passes defensed and 197 tackles.  As a part timer in his 1st 2 years, he had 11 TFL, 6.5 sacks, and 40 tackles.  Looks like Takitaki can bring the sacky-sacky and tackles for losses for the right taker.   Let's see what happens before we go skydiving without parachutes...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nero said:

I can't stand when people say things like "In Dorsey I trust" or "analytics driven pick" or even "Dorsey sucks". I prefer it when we value each pick independently of the people behind it, because we don't know if it was Dorsey's, analytics, or Defensive coordinator's pick. 

As of today, many people think it is a reach, and as a dummie I am, I'm not the one to judge if it is a bad pick or not (there are some UDFAs in the HOF, IIRC, would you draft them with a 3rd round pick?). 

I don't blindly trust in the Front Office as they are humans, but they'll have to convince me with this one.

Excellent take. 

Refusing to ever criticize Dorsey because of blind homer faith is ridiculous, no matter the fact that he's done an excellent job in Cleveland. 

And the not-so-subtle "Analytics driven pick" remarks are from people who still light candles to framed pictures of Sashi Brown, and are secretly pissed that Dorsey has done well. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

So when and where did Mormons find the magic underwear? 

The Aliens  brought it to them!...

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

The Aliens  brought it to them!...

Were they served on the magic plates that told Joseph Smith to move west? 

All religions are inherently stupid, but Mormonism is even more special in this regard. 

But Ron L. Hubbard told Mormons to hold his beer. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

All religions are inherently stupid, but Mormonism is even more special in this regard. 

You're going to burn in the hell inside black holes (my theory is as good as any others out there).🤗

PS-send me your donations to the Church of the Black Hole. I take all the money from the donations and throw it in the air. God takes what he wants and I keep the rest.🤑

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You're going to burn in the hell inside black holes (my theory is as good as any others out there).🤗

PS-send me your donations to the Church of the Black Hole. I take all the money from the donations and throw it in the air. God takes what he wants and I keep the rest.🤑

I'm fully aware that if I'm wrong and there is a hell, there is a wing already built for me down there. 😁

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm fully aware that if I'm wrong and there is a hell, there is a wing already built for me down there. 😁

Just send the money and I'll "save" you from that fate. My guarantee will beat any used car salesman's out there. I guarantee it!😈

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just send the money and I'll "save" you from that fate. My guarantee will beat any used car salesman's out there. I guarantee it!😈

You sound like the Catholic Church. 

Please don't touch me in my "no-no" area, TexAg! 😊

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

You sound like the Catholic Church. 

Please don't touch me in my "no-no" area, TexAg! 😊

My Church of the Black Hole has only beautiful priestesses 💃(reason should now be obvious). Surely you will change that tune.😂

38 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah.. I find most if not all religions directly linked to creative charlatan bullshit pretty much..... I believe in a higher force if you will.. But God is no old man in the sky.... I find religion to be the imminent tool of mind control over the masses and nothing more..

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

John Dorsey just got us Greedy Williams deep in the 2nd round. Yes, John didn't exactly cast a spell on the rest of the league to make that happen...although im starting to wonder if there isn't some kind of druid shit going on here at this point...but srsly, I think we can cut Dorsey some slack. I was "highly" critical of some of the defensive cuts we made after preseason last year....and I do think they had some small part to play in why we didn't make the playoffs. That being said...…….Im over it. Look at what that fucker has built in this offseason. OBJ, Vernon, Richardson, Hunt....and ofc Baker last year which is the crucial piece, and now we get Greedy Williams to go with Denzel Ward....Minnefield/Dixon pt 2 perhaps. Srsly guys. Pinch your buttholes tight this has never happened for the Browns. 

I’m a Dorsey fan for sure but let’s acknowledge he got lucky with Greedy (hopefully). A lot of other teams who wanted CB’s had him way down the board. Certainly still glad we got him at 49. As far as Takitaki he may be a great Lb talent but there is little doubt he could have been grabbed on day 3. There were at least 2 solid 1/2 round safeties left on the board. This was Wolfe’s pick and he’s out on a limb with it. That said I hope they make me look like a doubting idiot and he’s a perennial pro bowler 🤪

This kid is a "head-scratcher" for sure but may be another Eliot Wolf find. Eliot has been acknowledged at finding sleepers in the draft. This kid turned things around in his life & has definitely trended upward recently (much like our Browns). When I looked, his 1st 2 years kept his stats down. Knock those off & he looked pretty good. WOULD he have lasted until the late rounds, or may some other war room have seen what the Browns have & decided to strike sooner?

Time will tell, but I'm just trying to keep an open mind & look at it through the Brown's eyes.

Mike

11 hours ago, darren15 said:

Let's judge him after two or three seasons not 15 minutes after he was selected

But then you take away the fun of it, may as well shut down the thread. The idea is to judge him now.

Dorsey judged him now, scouts, the "experts", so why not we fans?  Don't forget, each team will be graded ABCDF after the draft...another judgement call.

In two or three years is when we find out if our judgements were correct, and if the teams "grade" reflected their draft.

What is amusing is the people who are making these picks are paid $$$$$$ to make them, if we all could do better we would be in jobs doing it :) ....

We should all apply for the next available GM job that comes up and we can show our board draft on our resume and the posts we have made regarding picks 

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Yes, but the religion started in upstate New York.

upstate New York

Mormons are a religious and cultural group related to Mormonism, the principal branch of the Latter Day Saint movement of Restorationist Christianity, initiated by Joseph Smith in upstate New York during the 1820s.

The mayor of the town I live in is a Mormon.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

See my avatar, not all  are  stupid:

Dudeism advocates and encourages the practice of "going with the flow", "being cool", and "taking it easy" in the face of life's difficulties, believing that this is the only way to live in harmony with our inner nature and the challenges of interacting with other people. It also aims to assuage feelings of inadequacy that arise in societies which place a heavy emphasis on achievement and personal fortune. Consequently, simple everyday pleasures like bathing, bowling, and hanging out with friends are seen as far preferable to the accumulation of wealth and the spending of money as a means to achieve happiness and spiritual fulfillment.[15]

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Make a bet right now Mack Wilson starts as our MLB over anyone else on this team by opening day. Bama does not start untalented players in important key positions on defense and they are NFL ready when they leave Saban coached teams. He will understand the defensive schemes from day one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Dudeism advocates and encourages the practice of "going with the flow", "being cool", and "taking it easy" in the face of life's difficulties, believing that this is the only way to live in harmony with our inner nature and the challenges of interacting with other people. It also aims to assuage feelings of inadequacy that arise in societies which place a heavy emphasis on achievement and personal fortune. Consequently, simple everyday pleasures like bathing, bowling, and hanging out with friends are seen as far preferable to the accumulation of wealth and the spending of money as a means to achieve happiness and spiritual fulfillment.[15]

If you want a funny religion, check out Rev Bob Dobbs and the subgenius church

42E386A8-CFFC-4663-A0F4-5FCD50A17870.png

. He was briefly kicked off the team after being involved in a dorm fight before his freshman year. However, his teammates voted him back onto the team, .......... though he was suspended again later for one game after skipping a practice. Takitaki was suspended again to start his sophomore campaign after he allegedly stole property while working as a campus custodian. He reached a plea deal in the case, but was suspended for the second half of that season for violating team rules

...would "Free Spirit"  be too kind of a description?  

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yeah, well, ah, you know that's just like your opinion man.🙄

• Haha 1