THE BROWNS BOARD

Sione Takitaki

Unsympathetic

When you have the opportunity to draft a UDFA in the 3rd round, you take it!

This guy is not good.

There's a reason this guy was my final pick for the Pats in the 7th round in our board mock.. because he's easily forgettable.

But hey: Now all of our LB's played edge in college -- kirksey, avery, this guy, and schobert.

We had a chance to take Gardner-Johnson and easily replace Peppers at safety.. and didn't.

Make better decisions tomorrow, Dorsey.

EDIT: ESPN's draft board has this scrub the 8th-best LB? On what planet?

• Confused 1

Seems like a good dude and hard working player.. highest rated player on board by far according to Eliot Wolf

https://www.google.com/amp/s/draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/04/06/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-interview-sione-takitaki-byu/amp/

Filling needs with Value picks.. we needed LB depth and we just got it.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

This guy is not good.

There's a reason this guy was my final pick for the Pats in the 7th round in our board mock.. because he's easily forgettable.

But hey: Now all of our LB's played edge in college -- kirksey, avery, this guy, and schobert.

We had a chance to take Gardner-Johnson and easily replace Peppers at safety.. and didn't.

Well, I guess it's official..... Dorsey sucks. Another self proclaimed draft guru took this guy with his last pick in a pretend draft.

Might as well blow the stadium up. 

This thread will be fun to look back on.............

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

This guy is not good.

EDIT: ESPN's draft board has this scrub the 8th-best LB? On what planet?

OK, so, ESPN likes him (I assume that means some combination of Kiper/McShay)....Dorsey likes him......Hmmmm....who should we trust?

Them or you?  You or them?    

Just on a coin flip, I think I will choose them.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

And NFL dislikes him.. And walter.. And nfldraftscout.. And PFF.. But yes, because I posted it, it's only me who thinks it!

CBS had him 254 overall and drafttek about the same. Huge reach.

5 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

And NFL dislikes him.. And walter.. And nfldraftscout.. And PFF.. But of course - because I posted it, it must only be me who thinks it!

OK....Walter, PFF, nfldraftscout, and you don't like him.    But Dorsey does.

So, I will flip the coin again.   Heads, Dorsey wins, Tails, you do. 

It came up heads.....so Dorsey wins.    (I actually did toss a coin and it actually did come up heads).

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Seems like a good dude and hard working player.. highest rated player on board by far according to Eliot Wolf

https://www.google.com/amp/s/draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/04/06/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-interview-sione-takitaki-byu/amp/

Filling needs with Value picks.. we needed LB depth and we just got it.

I vaguely remembered reading his name somewhere. I was like..."what?"

but listen to his interview  - he is the freaking real deal.

Brilliant job Dorsey and co. !

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video/unofficial-visit-lb-sione-takitaki

• Thanks 1

John Dorsey just got us Greedy Williams deep in the 2nd round. Yes, John didn't exactly cast a spell on the rest of the league to make that happen...although im starting to wonder if there isn't some kind of druid shit going on here at this point...but srsly, I think we can cut Dorsey some slack. I was "highly" critical of some of the defensive cuts we made after preseason last year....and I do think they had some small part to play in why we didn't make the playoffs. That being said...…….Im over it. Look at what that fucker has built in this offseason. OBJ, Vernon, Richardson, Hunt....and ofc Baker last year which is the crucial piece, and now we get Greedy Williams to go with Denzel Ward....Minnefield/Dixon pt 2 perhaps. Srsly guys. Pinch your buttholes tight this has never happened for the Browns. 

Analytics and data driven pick 😜😜

I never understand the “bad value pick you could have got him 10,20,30 spots later” 

How on earth does anyone know that? It’s impossible to know there are too many variables. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

And NFL dislikes him.. And walter.. And nfldraftscout.. And PFF.. But of course - because I posted it, it must only be me who thinks it!

And they don't draft players....  We're talking about a third round pick where statistically 70% or so of them are out of the NFL in short order. No GM is 100% perfect, chill out.  Walter is guilty of some serious gaffes, if you're keeping track- I have....  Be thankful that you're not a Cardinals fan where they (according to the draft value chart) just got 5 cents on the dollar gifting Josh Rosen to the Dolphins. 

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

CBS had him 254 overall and drafttek about the same. Huge reach.

And the talking heads thought Baker and Ward last year were reaches too.... Dorsey is a man of conviction.  I'll admit- NFLN didn't even have any tape on the guy immediately available when we called his name.  But the Browns sure did. 

Takahashi makes fine telescopes.  :D  

I can't stand when people say things like "In Dorsey I trust" or "analytics driven pick" or even "Dorsey sucks". I prefer it when we value each pick independently of the people behind it, because we don't know if it was Dorsey's, analytics, or Defensive coordinator's pick. 

As of today, many people think it is a reach, and as a dummie I am, I'm not the one to judge if it is a bad pick or not (there are some UDFAs in the HOF, IIRC, would you draft them with a 3rd round pick?). 

I don't blindly trust in the Front Office as they are humans, but they'll have to convince me with this one.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I wonder if he related to David Veikune? That's the last time I was so dumbfounded by a browns pick

LOL-ironically enough he was taken one spot ahead of some loser named LeSean McCoy.

Well at least there are still some better ILBs still on the board for today. Please take one.

Taki Taki ... the guy just sounds like a hitter ... and from what I read, that is his speciality.

Two things here: 1) We're in the middle of the third round. Getting bent out of shape over a third rounder when you don't have nearly the information our front office possesses is futile. As Dorsey would say "we're looking for 'football players' and he has a top notch professional staff to scour them.

2) This is an Elliot Wolf pick, as Pluto points out. Wolf loves the guy. Did his homework. There's a reason Wolf is a highly paid NFL personnel guy and the dudes at Walter Football are writing their opinions on their laptop from a lunch diner while spilling a gyro on their fat belly.

In the third round you are looking for a plug and play guy, and we got one who becomes the fourth linebacker and special teams stud right away. Everyone complains about linebacker depth and special teams. Then we improve both corps dramatically with one pick and the complaining continues.

Guy was a bit of a trouble-maker, settled down, got married, had a fantastic season last year. He is considered a success story at BYU, and I trust Dorsey, Wolf et al to think he'll be a success story in Cleveland too.

Football player! I can see "Taki Taki" covered in mud already as he drills a rb back into the backfield on fourth and one.

Zombo

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3