THE BROWNS BOARD

Greedy Williams

GuNNerGatSKi

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The Steeler OL edge is a lot less sharp now that Munchak is gone from there.  But as noted in other threads, Browns OL is still a  question mark at a couple of spots, so yes, they would still get the edge based on overall talent and experience there.

You don't know anything about any of this Gipper.  Why do you try to be an authority on everything? You go to google and exist solely on soundbites like our dip shit President.  Munchak is gone, it's a blow but the lineman on the team aren't suddenly going to forget how to play and his replacement is good in his own right.  You pull stuff out of your ass and declare it as fact.  I think i remember you saying you are an attorney? and maybe that's why.  You talk your way into shit in such a way that the meek take you at face value. You don't know anything about offensive line development.  You only know what other people tell you about munchak and you continue to foam at the mouth. Get a grip grampy claus.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are right....we cannot judge the prowess of a linebacker on his rush per average.

But you can measure the prowess of a running back by that.

E. g.   Jim Brown has the highest  ypc average in the history of the game (for an RB...I think Mike Vick may have a higher one).  It is what he is judged on.  (but I doubt you know that because don't know shit about football)

And certainly I know who Samuels is....the Steeler backup RB who had to come in because Conner was hurt. 

Or are you claiming it was Ridley...he who gained all of 80 yards rushing last year...fewer than BR.

Jim Brown got passed by Jamal Charles fyi.

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

You don't know anything about any of this Gipper.  Why do you try to be an authority on everything? You go to google and exist solely on soundbites like our dip shit President.  Munchak is gone, it's a blow but the lineman on the team aren't suddenly going to forget how to play and his replacement is good in his own right.  You pull stuff out of your ass and declare it as fact.  I think i remember you saying you are an attorney? and maybe that's why.  You talk  your way into shit in such a way that the meek take you as face value. You don't know anything about offensive line development.  You only know what other people tell you about munchak and you continue to foam at the mouth. Get a grip grampy claus.

Whatever I may know....it is a lot more than you do.

In fact, the bold up there is exactly my point.  Munchak is gone and its a blow.   So...on THE main core issue of what we have said...you have confirmed that I am right. 

If I pulled that out of my ass....you were right there alongside of me pulling with me.

And yea, sure, I only know anything about Munchak because someone else told me.  Except, of course, I was around watching him for his HOF career with the Oilers alongside another HOFer Bruce Mathews...which was probably before you were born.  And I saw him as HC of the Titans do a decent job but getting canned nevertheless.  You see...you are just one little dumb young **MASK**.  I have seen and forgetten more about football than you have in your short miserable little life as a hotdog seller.

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Had to look that up?  Charles was a good back.

But would anyone trade Jim Brown for him?  No.  

No, i didn't have to look it up.  I remember when it happened. They are also from completely different eras.  Jim Brown would not be as good now as he was then as players are bigger, faster and stronger now than they were during the brown era and that much is unarguable.

36 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Munchak is gone, it's a blow but the lineman on the team aren't suddenly going to forget how to play and his replacement is good in his own right. 

well, go look this up, vegitron. Your rapistbooger was SACKED 24 TIMES for 166 yards loss last year. and that is with A. Brown to throw to, and A. Brown ditched your team.

Stick a cork in it, and...

33 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No, i didn't have to look it up.  I remember when it happened. They are also from completely different eras.  Jim Brown would not be as good now as he was then as players are bigger, faster and stronger now than they were during the brown era and that much is unarguable.

This just proves how ignorant you are.

Jim Brown was bigger, faster, stronger than just about any RB that is playing today:

Adrian Peterson 5'11  217

Zeke Elliot  6.0  225

Hunt   5' 11  205

Chubb 5'10 227

Conner  6'2 229

LeSean McCoy  5'11  207

Marshawn Lynch  5'11 215

Jim Brown  6'2   232

Jim Brown would be the best RB in this league...here, now today.  

FYI....I have made a study of this:  The ONLY positions playing today that are actually any bigger than the players that played in the 60s  are Offensive linemen...and defensive tackle (mainly 3-4 nose tackles).  And yes....QBs have gotten taller on average.   (but is that about to change back to shorter average QBs...what with Murray/Mayfield etc. being shorter?

WRs are no bigger,  DEs are no bigger, LBs are no bigger, DBs are no bigger.  RBs are no bigger.

Can you imagine how Jim Brown would have run behind these bigger OL? Unstoppable.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

This just proves how ignorant you are.

Jim Brown was bigger, faster, stronger than just about any RB that is playing today:

Adrian Peterson 5'11  217

Zeke Elliot  6.0  225

Hunt   5' 11  205

Chubb 5'10 227

Conner  6'2 229

LeSean McCoy  5'11  207

Marshawn Lynch  5'11 215

Jim Brown  6'2   232

Jim Brown would be the best RB in this league...here, now today.  

FYI....I have made a study of this:  The ONLY positions playing today that are actually any bigger than the players that played in the 60s  are Offensive linemen...and defensive tackle (mainly 3-4 nose tackles).  And yes....QBs have gotten taller on average.   (but is that about to change back to shorter average QBs...what with Murray/Mayfield etc. being shorter?

WRs are no bigger,  DEs are no bigger, LBs are no bigger, DBs are no bigger.  RBs are no bigger.

Can you imagine how Jim Brown would have run behind these bigger OL? Unstoppable.

How many 4.3 guys played in his era? How many linebackers ran 4.3-4.4 in his era? The league is different now.

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I can't wait for the season to start. Vernon is no better than either of the steeler defensive ends. Obj is really good but the steelers are a wr factory and have invested high draft picks in wr's for a while now. Juju was the last hit and Washington turned it on to end the season despite playing behind two 100 catch over 1000 yard receivers.  

Ben > Baker

Our offensive line > yours by a country mile.

Our cancer in antonio brown is gone. Addition by subtraction. You need to get ready to be disappointed.

Edit: and benny snell has been compared to nick chubb for a while. Hunt isn't any better than Connor. Go watch some benny snell tape.

When I edited Gipper's roster list- the Steelers have four- five players I'd say that are significantly better than the Browns at their respective positions, (most on the o-line) and maybe a couple others I'll give a slight edge to. I'll even give you some that are equal.  Ben had a great year last year, but was about throwing the ball until his arm fell off with 600+ attempts. Remains to be seen if he can maintain that level of production at 37 years old. Some of that production was due to the near bulletproof pass protection he was getting from the o-line. In case you missed the memo, Baker put up a bunch of record stats for a rookie, and in a lot of categories, they compare favorably to Ben's. Regarding Ju-Ju, (and I'm not saying he isn't great) let's see what happens this year when he's routinely drawing the other teams #1 CB, with Brown not around anymore. And from #2 WR on down, you're not even in the same ballpark as the Browns talent wise. 

The rest is you talking out of your homer ass.  Yeah, I had to look it up, but nice Steeler hyperbole about Snell. Chubb was way higher rated in the draft, and his combine results are significantly better in every measurable. Snell?   5.34 NFL BACKUP OR SPECIAL TEAMS POTENTIAL. LOL, and you're acting like he's the next Zeke Elliot. Oh, and you always find talented WRs in the lower rounds. I'll grant you it was a brilliant move to jump the Bengals to take Bush, but the rest of the Steelers defensive backfield is shaky at best. We're good, because we've always been good. Am I predicting a Steelers collapse? Nope, but you just might struggle to make the playoffs. 

That's why in a nutshell you piss guys on the board off.   

8 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

How many 4.3 guys played in his era? How many linebackers ran 4.3-4.4 in his era? The league is different now.

and that's why Steeler fans think the history of the NFL started in 1970.  

Brown would have been the equivalent of Bo Jackson had he played in the (more) modern era.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

When I edited Gipper's roster list- the Steelers have four- five players I'd say that are significantly better than the Browns at their respective positions, (most on the o-line) and maybe a couple others I'll give a slight edge to. I'll even give you some that are equal.  Ben had a great year last year, but was about throwing the ball until his arm fell off with 600+ attempts. Remains to be seen if he can maintain that level of production at 37 years old. Some of that production was due to the near bulletproof pass protection he was getting from the o-line. In case you missed the memo, Baker put up a bunch of record stats for a rookie, and in a lot of categories, they compare favorably to Ben's. Regarding Ju-Ju, (and I'm not saying he isn't great) let's see what happens this year when he's routinely drawing the other teams #1 CB, with Brown not around anymore. And from #2 WR on down, you're not even in the same ballpark as the Browns talent wise. 

The rest is you talking out of your homer ass.  Yeah, I had to look it up, but nice Steeler hyperbole about Snell. Chubb was way higher rated in the draft, and his combine results are significantly better in every measurable. Snell?   5.34 NFL BACKUP OR SPECIAL TEAMS POTENTIAL. LOL, and you're acting like he's the next Zeke Elliot. Oh, and you always find talented WRs in the lower rounds. I'll grant you it was a brilliant move to jump the Bengals to take Bush, but the rest of the Steelers defensive backfield is shaky at best. We're good, because we've always been good. Am I predicting a Steelers collapse? Nope, but you just might struggle to make the playoffs. 

That's why in a nutshell you piss guys on the board off.   

Jarvis Landry isn't that good. He's never been that good. He's a volume, possession wr. He brought a attitude change to Cleveland but to act like he's some special nfl talent is horribly misguided. He's just solid. I don't know where you read that profile on snell but all you need to do is watch the guys tape. He compares very favorably to leveon bell at Michigan state. He plays faster than he's timed. He was virtually guaranteed four yards everytime he touched the ball at Kentucky. 

Ben threw for over 5000 yards at 37. His arm is fine barring injury. You should be excited about the Browns but not delusional. They have done zero with this current team. The Steelers with free agency and the draft are also going to be much better on defense. They led the league in sacks last year without mark barron, Bush and Steve Nelson. Nelson is the highest paid free agent in steeler history. They added a ton of speed on the defensive side of the ball in bush, Sutton smith and Grant. Justin Layne is no slouch either. They also added moncrief. 

You should also go watch some diontae Johnson tape.

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

and that's why Steeler fans think the history of the NFL started in 1970.  

I don't think that but the fact is the league is much faster and more athletic now than it was in the Jim brown era. It cannot be debated.

And I piss guys off on the board because I'm not a part of the vacuum chamber. I can leave. Hell someone can give me a perma ban. You would miss me.

16 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I don't think that but the fact is the league is much faster and more athletic now than it was in the Jim brown era. It cannot be debated.

And I piss guys off on the board because I'm not a part of the vacuum chamber. I can leave. Hell someone can give me a perma ban. You would miss me.

I don't want any part of this back and forth between dueling fans, but I will clarify one thing for you Vagitron.

Juju is very good. But his production was helped by Antonio Brown. Its easier for a 2 to get single coverage. That doesn't mean Juju cant be the best receiver in the league, but it's not as simple as saying, he put up X numbers last year, he will be even better with AB gone.

I know you love your team, as does other fans from other teams, but need to look at it rationally if you actually want to be honest. You notice where I ranked each group? I didn't say the Browns were better everywhere, I even gave Pitt the edge at QB at the moment.

25 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I don't want any part of this back and forth between dueling fans, but I will clarify one thing for you Vagitron.

Juju is very good. But his production was helped by Antonio Brown. Its easier for a 2 to get single coverage. That doesn't mean Juju cant be the best receiver in the league, but it's not as simple as saying, he put up X numbers last year, he will be even better with AB gone.

I know you love your team, as does other fans from other teams, but need to look at it rationally if you actually want to be honest. You notice where I ranked each group? I didn't say the Browns were better everywhere, I even gave Pitt the edge at QB at the moment.

You will find out in a hurry it's the grumpy old fucks with the exception of hoorta who i actually like that get all huffy puffy and make all this strictly about Browns vs steelers. I'm in gipper's head and always have been. All you need to do is go on the political board to cast off everything cal says as ridiculous as its clear he's mentally deficient. I'm perfectly capable of having a level headed discussion about the teams but others aren't. Specifically grumpy Santa (gipper) the threads become shit shows and quickly get off topic. Case in point this thread is about greedy and I posted why he fell. Gipper and his elves turned it into something else.

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Jarvis Landry isn't that good. He's never been that good. He's a volume, possession wr. He brought a attitude change to Cleveland but to act like he's some special nfl talent is horribly misguided. He's just solid. I don't know where you read that profile on snell but all you need to do is watch the guys tape. He compares very favorably to leveon bell at Michigan state. He plays faster than he's timed. He was virtually guaranteed four yards everytime he touched the ball at Kentucky. 

Ben threw for over 5000 yards at 37. His arm is fine barring injury. You should be excited about the Browns but not delusional. They have done zero with this current team. The Steelers with free agency and the draft are also going to be much better on defense. They led the league in sacks last year without mark barron, Bush and Steve Nelson. Nelson is the highest paid free agent in steeler history. They added a ton of speed on the defensive side of the ball in bush, Sutton smith and Grant. Justin Layne is no slouch either. They also added moncrief. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024444/article/top-11-wr-duos-in-2019-odell-beckhamjarvis-landry-rank-no-1

0B1F477B-9C0B-433D-B4A4-FD638D5D9387.png

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Well what is good for the gander...

I have NO issue with you loving your team. But how in the world can you say (without trying to troll/just talk crap) that Landry isnt very good, but tout about Washington and Moncrief?

I'll even break it down position wise. This is the upcoming season, as I think a couple could change in near future.

QB- P

RB- C

WR- C, P, C

TE- Toss Up

LT- P

LG- C

C- P

RG- P

RT- Toss Up 

DE- C, P, C

DT- Toss Up

OLB- P, C

ILB- P, C

CB- C, P, C, P

S- P, C

K- Toss Up (I remember all the complaints about yours last year)

P- C

You could probably argue 1 or 2 (I'm sure you would argue a lot more), but I am a realist and know A LOT about the game.

P- 11

C- 12

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

You will find out in a hurry it's the grumpy old fucks with the exception of hoorta who i actually like that get all huffy puffy and make all this strictly about Browns vs steelers. I'm in gipper's head and always have been. All you need to do is go on the political board to cast off everything cal says as ridiculous as its clear he's mentally deficient. I'm perfectly capable of having a level headed discussion about the teams but others aren't. Specifically grumpy Santa (gipper) the threads become shit shows and quickly get off topic. Case in point this thread is about greedy and I posted why he fell. Gipper and his elves turned it into something else.

No one cares about you Vag.  It's all in your head.

It's no use using facts etc on vegetron - I suppose next he'll diss Baker as "not being good enough to be in the NFL" or something - just a guess at the typical vegematic stupidity.

I'm no experte' on football, but any of us on this board can best vage with a bit of research, logic and facts to his stupidass

belligerent declarations like he's dissing Jarvis Landry with. Makes himself look like a moron at times, no surprise here.

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Possibly any number of them.  They didn't do 40 times then.  JB may have been that if they timed him.

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Jarvis Landry isn't that good. He's never been that good. He's a volume, possession wr.

Do you see why people think your are a fucking Retard.  Statements like this.  

He brought a attitude change to Cleveland but to act like he's some special nfl talent is horribly misguided. He's just solid.

Yes, he is solid.  He is perhaps the premier possession receiver in football...and has been for a number of years.  Any number of players have made the HOF being just that, going back to Dante Lavelli, Fred Biletnikoff, Steve Largent, Raymond Berry, Lance Alworth, Art Monk, Cris Carter, Charlie Joiner, Don Maynard and others......Landry's stats have surpassed all of them over the last several years.  Again, more evidence of your football ignorance.

I don't know where you read that profile on snell but all you need to do is watch the guys tape. He compares very favorably to leveon bell at Michigan state. He plays faster than he's timed. He was virtually guaranteed four yards everytime he touched the ball at Kentucky. 

FOUR yards...in college?  For a RB? That is not even mediocre.

Ben threw for over 5000 yards at 37. His arm is fine barring injury. You should be excited about the Browns but not delusional. They have done zero with this current team.

Actually, they went from  0-16 to 7-8-1 in a year.  That is not "nothing".  That is tremendous improvement.  Or can you not count either? (and they have added a mass of talent in the offseason.

The Steelers with free agency and the draft are also going to be much better on defense. They led the league in sacks last year without mark barron, Bush and Steve Nelson. Nelson is the highest paid free agent in steeler history. They added a ton of speed on the defensive side of the ball in bush, Sutton smith and Grant. Justin Layne is no slouch either. They also added moncrief. 

It remains to be seen how much better, if at all, the Steelers will be on defense. 

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Sure, I am in your head and your head is up your ass.  

All I do is give valid stats and numbers.  All you give us is  Dusty Springfield....you're just a wishing and a hoping and a dreaming that the guys you get will be good.  Some may be, and some won't be.

If it is a shit show, it is because you hate facts and information. 

What you have had is a top notch QB.   But dude is now 37....and while he certainly could be just as good as ever...another thing you are just a wishing and hoping for. He could be in Eli Manning territory. 

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Snell averaged over 5 yards per carry every season. He just rarely got tackled for a loss. Yes I said jarvis Landry isn't that great. He's a volume guy, not a game changer and he's always been force fed the ball.

4 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Snell averaged over 5 yards per carry every season. He just rarely got tackled for a loss. Yes I said jarvis Landry isn't that great. He's a volume guy, not a game changer. 

YOU are the one that said that he averaged 4 yards per carry.  I just repeated that.  Don't you read what you write.  (The lesson to be learned here is to never trust anything you post without you providing documentation)

And your problem is that you know so little about football as to be completely ignorant of its nuances.  Sure...Landry is not the speed burner...which I guess to you is the only thing that matters in a WR.   But you know what matters to football people....guys like coaches, GMs, QBs?  Production.   First downs, reliable hands.   

You are too stupid about the game to know that for a Cliff Branch you also need a Biletnikoff.  For a Randy Moss you need a Cris Carter,  For a Jerry Rice you need a Dwight Clark.  For a Paul Warfield you need a Gary Collins.(yea, I probably named people you never heard of) The Patriots proved the need for these guys with the likes of Wes Welker, Danny Amendola, Julian Edelman etc. Teams win games by sustaining drives.  They sustain drives by finding the guy that can get open for 10 yards and a first down.

You just dig yourself deeper and deeper in the hole of ignorance with each post you make.

Receiving & Rushing

• * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team All-Pro
  •  
  • Share & more
    • Modify & Share Table
    • Embed this Table
    • Get as Excel Workbook (experimental)
    • Get table as CSV (for Excel)
    • Strip Mobile Formatting
    • Copy Link to Table to Clipboard
    • About Sharing Tools
    • Video: SR Sharing Tools & How-to
    • Video: Stats Table Tips & Tricks
  • Glossary
  Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       80 71 719 481 5014 10.4 26 71 6.0 62.7 66.9% 7.0 29 179 2 51 6.2 2.2 0.4 510 10.2 5193 28 15 40
4 yrs MIA     64 57 570 400 4038 10.1 22 71 6.3 63.1 70.2% 7.1 26 119 1 22 4.6 1.9 0.4 426 9.8 4157 23 14 33
2014 22 MIA WR 14 16 11 112 84 758 9.0 5 25 5.3 47.4 75.0% 6.8 2 -4 0 4 -2.0 -0.3 0.1 86 8.8 754 5 7 7
2015* 23 MIA WR 14 16 14 166 110 1157 10.5 4 50 6.9 72.3 66.3% 7.0 18 113 1 22 6.3 7.1 1.1 128 9.9 1270 5 1 9
2016* 24 MIA WR 14 16 16 131 94 1136 12.1 4 71 5.9 71.0 71.8% 8.7 5 17 0 13 3.4 1.1 0.3 99 11.6 1153 4 2 10
2017* 25 MIA WR 14 16 16 161 112 987 8.8 9 49 7.0 61.7 69.6% 6.1 1 -7 0 -7 -7.0 -0.4 0.1 113 8.7 980 9 4 7
2018* 26 CLE WR 80 16 14 149 81 976 12.0 4 51 5.1 61.0 54.4% 6.6 3 60 1 51 20.0 3.8 0.2 84 12.3 1036 5 1 7

All he does is catch first downs.

9 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Jarvis Landry isn't that good. He's never been that good. He's a volume, possession wr. He brought a attitude change to Cleveland but to act like he's some special nfl talent is horribly misguided. He's just solid. I don't know where you read that profile on snell but all you need to do is watch the guys tape. He compares very favorably to leveon bell at Michigan state. He plays faster than he's timed. He was virtually guaranteed four yards every time he touched the ball at Kentucky. 

Regarding Landry- you are full of Steeler crap. Gipper posted his stats. "Never been that good"?  You want him to be able to walk on water like you think Ju-Ju can?  A guy who has a career average of 1,000 yard seasons, and has made the Pro Bowl four years in a row "isn't that good, never been that good"? Please, just stop, it makes you sound like a Goober.  I guarantee you if he was on the Steelers, he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread in your homer mind.  

You obviously think a WR has to be a home run hitter in the mold of an AJ Green or Julio Jones (or to play for the Steelers) to be any "good". Well, you're dead wrong. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Landry- you are full of Steeler crap. Gipper posted his stats. "Never been that good"?  You want him to be able to walk on water like you think Ju-Ju can?  A guy who has a career average of 1,000 yard seasons, and has made the Pro Bowl four years in a row "isn't that good, never been that good"? Please, just stop, it makes you sound like a Goober.  I guarantee you if he was on the Steelers, he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread in your homer mind.  

You obviously think a WR has to be a home run hitter in the mold of an AJ Green or Julio Jones (or to play for the Steelers) to be any "good". Well, you're dead wrong. 

Lets break it down to the lowest common denominator.. Who do you trust more.. Vagitron or John Dorsey? .... I rest my case!!!...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Lets break it down to the lowest common denominator.. Who do you trust more.. Vagitron or John Dorsey? .... I rest my case!!!...

Dorsey over Vaginatron everytime