Jump to content
GuNNerGatSKi

Greedy Williams

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

His lack of fucking effort. It's not that God damn hard to read. I guess because guys are busy kicking girls or beating kids the litmus test for "character concerns" is broken. A guy that quits on plays lacks character. He also has a bad attitude, see antonio brown to tie in the shit you continue to harp about when I've made a comment. He fell to the second round for a reason. If he didn't quit on plays and avoid tackling he would have been gone well before the second round. Remember Justin Gilbert? Go read his draft profile.

My initial response was part of the why he fell question. He's a great man corner with concerns, hence the  second round. It's not about steelers vs Browns.

You are one lying piece of shit.  You said he had character concerns.  That means "off the field" concerns. You say he has character concerns because he possibly isn't the single football player that ever played in this league that is flawless.

And prove that he has a bad attitude.....provide ONE quote by him that appears to be evidence of a bad attitude.  

So....because he doesn't hit like Jack Tatum...to you that is a character concern and a bad attitude. 

There is NOTHING similar about him and Gilbert...except the position they play.  Again....he may be more similar to Deion Sanders....who didn't like to tackle. 

And OF COURSE it is about the Steelers vs. the Browns.  If it weren't, your lying pussy ass wouldn't be on this board.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are one lying piece of shit.  You said he had character concerns.  That means "off the field" concerns. You say he has character concerns because he possibly isn't the single football player that ever played in this league that is flawless.

And prove that he has a bad attitude.....provide ONE quote by him that appears to be evidence of a bad attitude.  

So....because he doesn't hit like Jack Tatum...to you that is a character concern and a bad attitude. 

There is NOTHING similar about him and Gilbert...except the position they play.  Again....he may be more similar to Deion Sanders....who didn't like to tackle. 

And OF COURSE it is about the Steelers vs. the Browns.  If it weren't, your lying pussy ass wouldn't be on this board.

Steelers didn't have a second and I was reading on all the afc north boards. He doesn't hit at all and he quits on plays. I'm pretty sure I said the same damn thing the very first time. It's a lack of character with quitting on plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also at no point said he wasn't good. I once again replied to the "why is he falling?" Question and the effort and avoiding contact are the why. I'm sorry you dont like it. I'm glad the steelers didn't draft him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm trying to work on something of a write up for Greedy.  But when watching the Georgia game I wanted to give highlight a glimpse of why taller, hip fluid CB's are all the rage in the NFL and why having this kid (provided things swing our way and he plays to the level he is capable) gives us two corners that allow us to matchup vs receivers in different ways.

 

 

@ 4:52 ....   Skinny post to the top that ends up being a bit more sharp than usual but with great ball placement.    Denzel is 5'10 and in off coverage.   It's a TD. 

 

@ 3:32 

Same same except in a 2x2 with Georgia.  Greedy is in a bit of a bail tech here, but he's able to get back inside on the post and deny what was a great throw and potential TD.

 

 

 

This is what having a tall athletic CB in your defense can bring to the table giving you a variety of deployment options and coverages.    Granted these videos are between Williams/Rivers and Fromm/Ridley.  But being that we just drafted Greedy, we can only go on similar things to what we've seen and then make hopeful projections.

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need to stop thinking about the browns for awhile.....this is getting too head spacey. I was already trying to curb my enthusiasm but i thought defensively we had some gaps even tho the front 4 might be all time greats. Now im starting to feel about the defense almost like i feel about the offense. 

i think teams are going to HAVE to run tge ball not just to keep baker and that ridiculous raptor squad of a wr room off the field......but also to keep the pass rush honest cause if qb's have to throw quick we could see some routes jumped by these corners like a sao paulo street mugging. Dudes gonna come out their pockets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i need to stop thinking about the browns for awhile.....this is getting too head spacey. I was already trying to curb my enthusiasm but i thought defensively we had some gaps even tho the front 4 might be all time greats. Now im starting to feel about the defense almost like i feel about the offense. 

i think teams are going to HAVE to run tge ball not just to keep baker and that ridiculous raptor squad of a wr room off the field......but also to keep the pass rush honest cause if qb's have to throw quick we could see some routes jumped by these corners like a sao paulo street mugging. Dudes gonna come out their pockets

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I also at no point said he wasn't good. I once again replied to the "why is he falling?" Question and the effort and avoiding contact are the why. I'm sorry you dont like it. I'm glad the steelers didn't draft him.

liar. you said character concerns.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/05/nfl-network-offers-pro-comparisons-for-top-cb-in-the-draft/

NFL Network draft analyst Bucky Brooks broke down the stop cornerbacks and offered some player comparisons to current NFL cornerbacks.  You can watch the whole video here.

For Williams, Brooks compared his to New England Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/30/steelers-land-top-cornerback-in-new-mock-draft/

Our friends over at Draft Wire took on the role of all 32 general managers for their new mock draft. This is different from a typical mock draft that is often based more on who a team should pick rather than who they might pick. These types of mocks can often go in a very different direction and this was no exception.

In this scenario, LSU cornerback Greedy Williams falls all the way to the No. 20 pick and squarely into the Steelers’ lap. Many draft pundits don’t have a huge gap between Williams and the next group of cornerbacks in this draft class but to my eye, Williams is far and away the top cornerback in this class. If he fell to 20 it would be a steal for Pittsburgh.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/07/2019-nfl-draft-3-impact-players-the-steelers-could-trade-up-to-get/

2019 NFL draft: 3 impact players the Steelers could trade up to get

The last time the Pittsburgh Steelers picked in the top 20 of the first round of the NFL draft was in 2015 when the Steelers selected linebacker Ryan Shazier. If Pittsburgh wants to take advantage of the small window they have to win, they need to get an impact rookie on par with Shazier this time around. There are some guys who fit the mold but it’s doubtful any will be on the board at pick No. 20. Here are three guys we would trade up to get.

Greedy Williams CB LSU

Former LSU cornerback Greedy Williams is far and away the best all-around cornerback in this draft. Where the other guys in the first round all have fairly significant shortcomings to their game, Williams has none of them. How far do the Steelers have to move up? If Williams falls out of the top eight or nine picks, Pittsburgh should immediately go up and get him.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://triblive.com/sports/kevin-gorman-now-that-the-nfl-draft-is-over-who-runs-the-afc-north/

"The slight frame of cornerback Greedy Williams scared off teams, and he slipped from top-10 status to the second round."

I think the Browns know he has the attitude to be coached up to make his few weaknesses strengths.

meaning, vegitron is full of crap.

Hanford Dixon

Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
Weight: 186 lb (84 kg)

Greedy Williams

Height  6' 2"
Weight  185 lbs

Prospect Grade6.18

40 Yard Dash 4.37 Seconds
 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Steelers didn't have a second and I was reading on all the afc north boards. He doesn't hit at all and he quits on plays. I'm pretty sure I said the same damn thing the very first time. It's a lack of character with quitting on plays. 

Well....first off....that is just YOUR perception that he quits on plays.

Second...if that were such a huge problem....one of the best judges of talent in the NFL ....Dorsey...would have passed on him.  So, I am going to say that that is just your ignorant prejudice and NOT really a factor in his evaluation,    because I trust Dorsey's judgment far more than I trust yours. 

And...as far as I know....while he may not be the greatest tackler.....he DOES fucking tackle guys when he has to.  I don't think that the statistics prove that  the opposition threw like 100 TDs against him simply because he didn't "hit at all".  He did tackle...but as I said, maybe he doesn't do it Jack Tatum style...but he does get guys to the ground.    So...you are full of horseshit on both counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I also at no point said he wasn't good. I once again replied to the "why is he falling?" Question and the effort and avoiding contact are the why. I'm sorry you dont like it. I'm glad the steelers didn't draft him.

You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

So I'm trying to work on something of a write up for Greedy.  But when watching the Georgia game I wanted to give highlight a glimpse of why taller, hip fluid CB's are all the rage in the NFL and why having this kid (provided things swing our way and he plays to the level he is capable) gives us two corners that allow us to matchup vs receivers in different ways.

 

 

@ 4:52 ....   Skinny post to the top that ends up being a bit more sharp than usual but with great ball placement.    Denzel is 5'10 and in off coverage.   It's a TD. 

 

@ 3:32 

Same same except in a 2x2 with Georgia.  Greedy is in a bit of a bail tech here, but he's able to get back inside on the post and deny what was a great throw and potential TD.

 

 

 

This is what having a tall athletic CB in your defense can bring to the table giving you a variety of deployment options and coverages.    Granted these videos are between Williams/Rivers and Fromm/Ridley.  But being that we just drafted Greedy, we can only go on similar things to what we've seen and then make hopeful projections.

 

In that whole video...I saw one pass completed againt Greedy......a very well executed comeback pattern.  Otherwise they either just did NOT throw it against him....or he made a couple of very good breakups.   

Maybe that is why he is accused of not tackling...he never has to.  They never throw his way and the tackle has to be made far away from his position... or if they do, he breaks it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK , and there is this:    The Browns supposedly took some really badass bangers when they got  Takitaki,  Redwine, and Wilson.

So getting a guy that can really cover receivers like a blanket seems to me to be a fair balance....even if he cannot hit like Butkus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OK , and there is this:    The Browns supposedly took some really badass bangers when they got  Takitaki,  Redwine, and Wilson.

So getting a guy that can really cover receivers like a blanket seems to me to be a fair balance....even if he cannot hit like Butkus.

I still have the A&M 7 OT win over LSU recorded. I'll take a look and see how Jimbo Fisher tried to deal with him. I keep thinking we stayed away from his side, but that is just vague in my memory of the game at the moment. Back to that later in the week.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

what scouts? super duper secret scouts? I'll bet the Browns' scouts didn't think he was a bad pick.

what do your "scouts" have on "serious character concerns" on Greedy anyways?

btw, let me say this:

   On Greedy not being a "hitter, not liking contact? whatever. Another top cb was having the same thing said about him back in the day.

and he was skinny, too. 6'1", 198 lbs. I guess your "scouts" would have hated him, too.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/315/deion-sanders

Pick 5 overall. very fast.

2× Super Bowl champion (XXIX, XXX)

8× Pro Bowl (1991–1994, 1996–1999)

8× First-team All-Pro (1991–1994, 1996–1999)

NFL Defensive Player of the Year (1994)

NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

Deion Sanders.

I'm not worried about him being skinny or "not liking contact" In a great, deep cb draft,

a lot of cb's were taken later than usual, partly because of the talent at DL in the first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/6291168-greedy-williams-nfl-scouting-report-draft-profile-and-projection

Greedy Williams Draft Predictions

Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

 

Detroit desperately needs to sure up its second cornerback position with the No. 8 overall pick in this year's draft. Last year saw four different cornerbacks play across from Darius Slay and inconsistencies at the position resulted in the Lions finishing tied for the second-fewest interceptions in the league last year with seven. Williams is a bonafide playmaker and should be able to wreak havoc on quarterbacks with his impressive closing speed. Look for the Lions to snag Williams if Tampa Bay doesn't take him first with the No. 7 overall pick. The Buccaneers have issues all over the defensive side of the ball and weren't far ahead of the Lions with only nine interceptions in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

SOUR-GRAPES.jpg?itok=gZRKNtec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is ridiculous.

Like John Dorsey would ever draft a player with character concerns. 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

Didn’t fucking stutter.  I don’t think any of your wide receivers can handle him. live with that fuck stick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Didn’t fucking stutter.  I don’t think any of your wide receivers can handle him. live with that fuck stick. 

Because gipper said so lol. I will look forward to our hall of fame qb and our Corp challenging that claim this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dixon and Minnifield. / Williams and Ward

Slaughter, Langhorn Kosar/Beckam, Landry and Mayfield

 

Not to mention Olivier and Garret .. Paired with Oganjobi and Richardson...

 

The pairs we are coming up with are getting downright historic..   If I could speak to the players of this 2019 team I would tell them this.. Give us FIVE YEARS of your life. Put your head down and play your fucking heart out and you will be fucking LEGENDS for life.. How many 25 year olds can even be in that position.. Five years and a Super Bowl win somewhere in there, and they will go down in history.. What more motivation do you need?

Hell if they go 1-15 next year again, the 2018 season will still go down as one of the best in the new Browns era bar none. I am still re-watching games and highlights..

 

BobPound

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Because gipper said so lol. I will look forward to our hall of fame qb and our Corp challenging that claim this year.

Your HOF QB still has to have guys open.  If they get catches against him it will probably be a few of the comeback variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone tell fagitron that the tackle concerns with greedy were about stopping RB's or TE's......not other wr's that caught tbe ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

someone tell fagitron that the tackle concerns with greedy were about stopping RB's or TE's......not other wr's that caught tbe ball. 

Yep....the same concern they had about Darrelle Revis, Deion, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Champ Bailey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yep....the same concern they had about Darrelle Revis, Deion, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Champ Bailey

in todays nfl with the rules the way they are, cb's are just not gonna be the 200+lb guided missiles they were inbthe 80's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 9:41 AM, Vagitron said:

Check the date before you claim "bias"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2019/1/31/18201536/2019-nfl-draft-prospects-lsu-cb-greedy-williams-is-a-double-edged-sword-pittsburgh-steelers 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/greedy-williams-doesnt-come-without-concerns

Just two mentions of the ten plus I could link. I never said greedy wasn't good. I did say he avoids contact like if he has any he might die. He gives up on plays and his tape didn't improve as the year went on. He isn't much different than Marcus Peter's who is also terrific in coverage but has bounced around the league up to this point. I'm also not jealous. I'd have been pissed off if the steelers drafted him and they didn't because he does not play the run. If the dude would tackle and play hard all the time he'd have gone inside the top ten easy.

So he gave up on a few plays = character concerns? Get outta here  with that crap. Character concerns are Joe Mixon or Tyreek Hill. So Williams  got called for a dumb penalty  at a bad time? I suppose  us Browns fans think Mike Tomlin has character  concerns after he tried to trip that guy. That one article  you quoted  compared  him to  Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who didn't  exactly  suck. You can cherry  pick  any player's  tape and find plays where he  got  beat, or was out of  position. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yep....the same concern they had about Darrelle Revis, Deion, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Champ Bailey

You can't  coach sub  4.4 speed. I doubt Williams  is going to  have a Justin Gilbert  attitude. 

Maybe we should start looking  up bad revues  on Devin Bush? Have  to  be a  few  out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't go through all the posts, but I am surprised nobody mentioned to the Steeler fan boy that a big reason Greedy didn't tackle was because he had a shoulder injury. 

So Vagitron, let's look through the positions and compare. And that inst to say Pitt cant or wont win the North, they certainly could, the Browns are still young and building.

QB- I'll give Pitt an edge at the moment, but not for the future 

RB- Browns with the edge

WR- Browns certainly with the edge

OL- Steelers certainly 

DL- Browns slightly 

LB- Steelers at the moment 

DB- Browns

ST- I'll give Pitt a slight edge

I can see in 2 years Steelers having an edge in 1 category (OL) and possibly 2.

No reason to come up with stuff to talk negatively about something non football related. I can certainly remember you defending Antonio for everything until he was gone

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I noticed about vag is he's a parrot, assimmilating and regurgitating message board shit for a long time. I bag on him and his memory for that simple fact...it's easy to remember one's own thoughts, but he's just a clueless fanboy who uses other arguments to troll on other fan boards. It's just easy for me to see his bullshit because I know more about his team than he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×