THE BROWNS BOARD

Greedy Williams

GuNNerGatSKi

1 minute ago, GuNNerGatSKi said:

Many had him as the top CB in the draft. Amazing value mid 2nd round. There's our defense. We need a LB or two for competition, but we are ready to boogie.

Lot of Ss left too.

Just now, Louisville Slugger said:

I'm kind of confused by this. We bring in a DC that likes to run zone coverage and we bring in a man corner. 

Wilks uses a heavy amount of pattern matching and boundary lock as well.    You can put Greedy to the short side of the field and let his physical gifts (man press) take over while you have the rest of the defense in their call.   Also he plays a pretty large amount of cover 6 lock too.    Think - Josh Norman at one time.   

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Wilks uses a heavy amount of pattern matching and boundary lock as well.    You can put Greedy to the short side of the field and let his physical gifts (man press) take over while you have the rest of the defense in their call.   Also he plays a pretty large amount of cover 6 lock too.    Think - Josh Norman at one time.   

Ok I can get behind that. We may need to give him some rabies injections so he can attack someone in the ground game

The three players I wanted this draft.

Nick Bosa

DK Metcalf 

Greedy Williams

is this really the browns? how does this keep happening? months ago befire we picked up richardson and traded the 17th away....i still had my heart set on one of those DT's, but greedys nsne keot coming up so i checked him out. Tge piece i read about him months ago stated he'd be a good mate for ward and might be a better pure cover out of college than ward was.

im still shaking my head how that guy was there st 46 when people were wondering if he wouldnt be gone by 17

Nobody in the NFL runs "one" coverage, ever..

In any 3-down sequence, you could have.. one play cover zero, one play pattern-match on half the field and man with no help the other half, and one play quarters.

A player who's good at man will likely also be good at zone but vice versa is not always true.

Greedy is good at both.. he's a first-team All American who led the SEC in picks for a reason.

Great pick, well worth moving up 3 picks to snag.  He's PFF's top-rated cover CB.

Now if only the rumors are true about Darron Lee so crossing routes won't be open 100% of the time this season..

13 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Now if only the rumors are true about Darron Lee so crossing routes won't be open 100% of the time this season..

i think that would have happened by today. But yeah, we add Lee without giving up a major piece.....i mean fuck, break up the browns already thats just not fair

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Baby primetime Deion sanders

Deion is who I thought of, and told Canton Mike about it.

He is an outstanding shut down cb. and not small.

and blazing tenacious and fast. 4.3 something.

Amazing he was still there.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Seems like I saw this round table that mentioned him in relation to his very small amount of tackles. Wasn't paying attention because I didn't think he was going to be a brown. Anybody else?

WSS

from watching video of him - teams regretted it when they DID throw to his side.

3 hours ago, GuNNerGatSKi said:

Many had him as the top CB in the draft. Amazing value mid 2nd round. There's our defense. We need a LB or two for competition, but we are ready to boogie.

good call !

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/cleveland-browns-select-lb-sione-takitaki-with-no-80-pick-in-2019-nfl-draft

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video/unofficial-visit-lb-sione-takitaki

I love both picks - it took some research on the Takitaki lb pick, but I'm good. They got it right.

and for Greedy to fall?

hell yes, go man to man all day long.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/lsu-cb-greedy-williams-1st-press-conference-as-a-cleveland-brown

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/the-story-behind-new-browns-cornerback-greedy-williams-nickname

At 6-foot-2, Williams boasts rare, instinctive cover skills that had him projected as a first-round pick in most mock drafts. Browns general manager John Dorsey said Friday he was surprised Williams was still available at No. 46.

"I thought he'd be one of the first five guys picked off the board (in the second round)," Dorsey said.

The deal required the Browns to move up three picks, trading Nos. 49 and 144 to Indianapolis for their selection, No. 46. The No. 144 pick was acquired in the Browns' trade of running back Carlos Hyde to Jacksonville early in the 2018 season.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/social-media-reacts-to-browns-2nd-round-selection-of-lsu-greedy-williams

Greedy’s mom pushed a laundry buggy thru streets of the projects, took a bus to a job at Holiday Inn paying her $180 a week & the family’s low-income home was in such shape that rent was as little as $8 a month.