THE BROWNS BOARD

round 2

beare

Should still be plenty of talent available when we pick #17.  Dorsey may move up if he has a player targeted. The cost to move up in the second round is far less....   

Greedy Williams, DK Metcalf, Parris Campbell, Eric McCoy (a Tex Ag special), Juan Thornhill, Justin Layne.  

PS I was almost certain John was going to pass on Day One.  

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Should still be plenty of talent available when we pick #17.  Dorsey may move up if he has a player targeted. The cost to move up in the second round is far less....   

Greedy Williams, DK Metcalf, Parris Campbell, Eric McCoy (a Tex Ag special), Juan Thornhill, Justin Layne.  

PS I was almost certain John was going to pass on Day One.  

It was funny because.. I had a feeling the Pats were targeting N'Keal Harry, and BAM!.. they nabbed him.. If we didn't trade for Beckham.. that would've been my pick

I hope we trade up for DK, Landry, OBJ and Callaway are all under 6 foot. If any group could teach DK the finer traits of route running it would be our guys. 

Greedy and DK. 

Get that. Size and speed. 

Just now, htownbrown said:

Greedy can't tackle, but I wouldn't be mad if it happened.  DK is overkill though.  Not that I don't like him, but considering the snap count he won't have a big impact the way other positions would.

Go nuclear. Contingency in case Landry or OBJ have an kind of injury. Plus, he's a big man, something we need on the WR group. 

Also, if our WR go diva in the future we'll have someone to fall back on. 

Beckham and Landry can teach him all the tricks of the trade and he'll be a dangerous man. 

Compares to Josh Gordon and Calvin Johnson. Best WR in the draft. Gotta go up and get him. 

Jawaan Taylor- as long his knee is attached to his body I would be on the phone with the cardinals right now.

Byron Murphy- arguably the best CB in the draft and a scheme fit.

Chauncey Gardener-Johnson-  Randall's potential replacement and can contribute in the nickle right away.

Nasir Adderley- see above

Julian Love- arguably the 2nd best CB in the draft.

Moved from yesterday's draft thread. X=taken

Top 20 left from CBS Board: There are of ton of DBs ready for a big run in Rd 2.

X1. Jawaan Taylor  OT  Florida

X2.  Cody Ford  OT  Okl.

X3.  D.K. Metcalf  WR  Ole Miss

X4.  Drew Lock  QB  Mizzou

X5.  Greedy Williams  CB  LSU

X6.  Byron Murphy  CB  Washington

X7.  A.J. Brown  WR  Ole Miss

X8.  Dalton Risner  OT  Kan. St.

X9.  Nasir Adderly   S  Deleware

10.Terry McLaurin  WR  OSU

X11. Taylor Rapp   S  Washington

12. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson  S  Florida

X13. Erik McCoy  C/G  Texas A&M

X14. Dre'Mont Jones  DT  OSU

15. Kelvin Harmon  WR  NC St.

X16. Greg Little  OT  Ole Miss

X17. Rock  Ya-Sin  CB  Temple

18. Justin Layne  CB  Mich. St.

X19.  Deebo Samuel  WR  S.Caro.

20. Juan Thornhill  S  Virginia

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Moved from yesterday's draft thread.

Top 20 left from CBS Board: There are of ton of DBs ready for a big run in Rd 2.

1. Jawaan Taylor  OT  Florida

2.  Cody Ford  OT  Okl.

3.  D.K. Metcalf  WR  Ole Miss

4.  Drew Lock  QB  Mizzou

5.  Greedy Williams  CB  LSU

6.  Byron Murphy  CB  Washington

7.  A.J. Brown  WR  Ole Miss

8.  Dalton Risner  OT  Kan. St.

9.  Nasir Adderly   S  Deleware

10.Terry McLaurin  WR  OSU

11. Taylor Rapp   S  Washington

12. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson  S  Florida

13. Erik McCoy  C/G  Texas A&M

14. Dre'Mont Jones  DT  OSU

15. Kelvin Harmon  WR  NC St.

16. Greg Little  OT  Ole Miss

17. Rock  Ya-Sin  CB  Temple

19.  Deebo Samuel  WR  S.Caro.

20. Juan Thornhill  S  Virginia

There's our sweet spot if we stay where we are. I'm going to stick with my prediction of We Will, We Will Rock Ya!

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

There's our sweet spot if we stay where we are. I'm going to stick with my prediction of We Will, We Will Rock Ya!

Zombo

Would you trade up now that it is less expensive for OT Jawaan Taylor? He should have gone in the top 10.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Would you trade up now that it is less expensive for OT Jawaan Taylor? He should have gone in the top 10.

Would be tempting if we could use those 5th rounders to move up but I imagine someone at the top of the round is locking in on him. I think more likely, our top cornerback on the board is still out there and Dorsey is going to make sure he gets him.

Zombo

I wouldn't be surprised to see the browns trade DOWN actually. If the board is still fairly stacked with what they are looking for but they can pick up an extra 4 this year and potentially a 3 next year, it makes a lot of sense. The nice thing is the browns can essentially do whatever they want. Stay put and take the best player available, trade up to get their guy or trade down and accumulate some more depth. The sweet spot of this draft is between 25-65...lots of really good football players. Personally, i think they stay put and take the best player on the board which is looking like a corner or safety.

moved over from the draft thread:

I do expect the Browns to trade up in the second round, and pretty much have a chance at the cb's/safeties they really want. I'm surprised that Greedy is still on the board - but teams will have to figure out if he's wanting to step up his game in the physical dept....My personal choices are:

Justin Layne, Nasir Adderly, Amani Oruwariye, but the draft is so deep at cb/safety

maybe, I'm guessing here - they could nab Dre'mont Jones, DL, Ohio State. in the second round, and go...

to a very nice list of db's in the third and other rounds - or maybe...

ROUND 2
33. Arizona
34. Indianapolis (via Jets)
35. Oakland* Trade up possibility?
36. San Francisco
37. Seattle (via Giants)
38. Jacksonville* Trade up possibility?
39. Tampa Bay* Trade up possibility?
40. Buffalo
41. Denver
42. Cincinnati
43. Detroit* Trade up possibility?
44. Green Bay* Trade up possibility?
45. L.A. Rams (via Atlanta)
46. Indianapolis (via Washington)
47. Carolina
48. Miami
49. Cleveland

so... 2nd round - one of their best picks at CB/S who can play both positions.

LB?

Sutton Smith, DE/OLB, Northern Illinois 

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2019/4/24/18513864/2019-nfl-draft-profile-sutton-smith-de-olb-northern-illinois

12 minutes ago, darren15 said:

I wonder if they will use Duke as trade bait ....would any team need him at top of 2nd ?

charged back up📞.. 38.Jags/39.TB/40.Bills/ only teams ahead of us, in 2nd rd.showing needs of RB..Dorsey knowing GB & Colts GM can't hurt..maybe to soon? i like the talent falling right now..maybe in 3rd or 4th? were loaded with 3 picks in 5th

6 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the browns trade DOWN actually. If the board is still fairly stacked with what they are looking for but they can pick up an extra 4 this year and potentially a 3 next year, it makes a lot of sense. The nice thing is the browns can essentially do whatever they want. Stay put and take the best player available, trade up to get their guy or trade down and accumulate some more depth. The sweet spot of this draft is between 25-65...lots of really good football players. Personally, i think they stay put and take the best player on the board which is looking like a corner or safety.

I honestly do not think that this team is looking to add more rookies to the roster.   They could be doing some wheeling and dealing that would end them up with only maybe 6 picks instead of 8.