THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Redwine certainly fits the attitudes in our DB room..hoping Wilks makes him more of a ballhawking FS,combined with his big hitter mantality..all good here with pick..Calfox got his guy 👍   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

You got glaucoma, Cheech? 

No I have neurological issues stemming from a stroke I had back in 03... I live with constant nausea from internal brain damage and type 2 diabetes..plus I have Neuropathy , Chronic back pain, Sciatica.. A ruptured disk, Chronic ear disease.. Not to mention.. I'm hearing impaired and legally blind in my left eye..  Now I'm dealing with stage 1 Kidney cancer that is benign at this point.. So.. You can imagine.. I'm pretty irritable most of the time .. So it doesn't take much to piss me off.. Thank God I became an accomplished musician.. Its about the only time when I forget how fucked up I am... And just be taken away by the love of music...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

From my angle at the draft...1) Your 1st round pick, walked out with a white Bakers apron on, holding his shoulder together.good start for a LB ya traded up for? aye.. 2) Your AB replacement, DJ played at my school at Toledo. questionables hands with 4.53 speed..not a 2nd rd value, i'd say..3) Justin Layne had to take off his local favorite cleveland browns socks after browns passed on him for Greedy..Two guys, carrying 2 large chips on their shoulders.. full circle.. back to shoulders again? It's all about those chips on the Shoulders..  now carry yourself on back to that Big Bitch board..👎   

👍

The steelers never trade up so they obviously saw something in bush. They had a first round grade on Johnson and I'm not about to question them on drafting receivers. No other team in the league is close in that department. He has game speed. Brown didn't have good timed speed at central Michigan and he became rhe best wr in the NFL. Time will tell. I love Layne and his physicality and benny snell is a battering ram 

8 minutes ago, nickers said:

No I have neurological issues stemming from a stroke I had back in 03... I live with constant nausea from internal brain damage and type 2 diabetes..plus I have Neuropathy , Chronic back pain, Sciatica.. A ruptured disk, Chronic ear disease.. Not to mention.. I'm hearing impaired and legally blind in my left eye..  Now I'm dealing with stage 1 Kidney cancer that is benign at this point.. So.. You can imagine.. I'm pretty irritable most of the time .. So it doesn't take much to piss me off.. Thank God I became an accomplished musician.. Its about the only time when I forget how fucked up I am... And just be taken away by the love of music...

Sorry nickers, this sounds rough. Cannabis is amazing for a lot of things. It got my dad through 18 months of cancer treatment even tho cancer got the best of him eventually. Hang in there man.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Did they get a player as good as Odell Beckham?  Because he is the Browns first round pick.

And certainly nothing is proven about the Browns and championships......and the same goes for Pittsburgh.  It has been a long long time ago since either won any. 

And yes....I can remember a Browns championship just as vividly as anything the Squibs won, once upon a time.

Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Redwine out of Miami.   I watched him vs LSU and honestly didn't bother to go on any further.   Not a fan of this pick. 

I picked him in my early mock draft - he's over 6', legit 4.4 speed, a big hitter, loves the game... played cb, then moved to safety to bring a little experience to the position - he said it was an easy transition, tough as nails - serious ball-hawking smarts....

a student of the game. Better to look at the whole pic instead of just one game. Agile, cb hips on a big very fast fs, smart, leadership,...

I really thought the kid fit the locker room. Led his team with interceptions.... He has time to grow - with all the qualities you can't teach.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8950579/oxford-university-professor-aliens-breeding-hybrid-humans-earth/

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/sheldrick-redwine-i-can-play-anywhere

56 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Redwine certainly fits the attitudes in our DB room..hoping Wilks makes him more of a ballhawking FS,combined with his big hitter mantality..all good here with pick..Calfox got his guy 👍   

THANKS !  (led his team in ints !)

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Well I got Mac Wilson A guy that some though they may have taken in the second round

Some of us thought he should have gone in place of the 3rd rd LB and vice versa. Thank God it worked out equal.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Now go add Chase Hanson LB Utah as a 6th or 7th rounder. He's my longshot sleeper. He and tacoman will be hell for the STs. Lot of speed and good tackling.

Well, we got 2 DBs and 2 LBs so far......certainly needed.   But I don't know if they will go for another LB.  They could still look maybe at some OL depth...or DT depth.

33 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Sorry nickers, this sounds rough. Cannabis is amazing for a lot of things. It got my dad through 18 months of cancer treatment even tho cancer got the best of him eventually. Hang in there man.

Thanx,, I don't waste time complaining or worrying about it.. I just laugh at everything... I just try to focus on positive things and leave the rest behind... And I just try to go out of my way  not to take it out on others regardless of what kind of day I'm having.. It ain't theyre fault..

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, we got 2 DBs and 2 LBs so far......certainly needed.   But I don't know if they will go for another LB.  They could still look maybe at some OL depth...or DT depth.

I wouldn't cry over it if they went that direction, but for STs those two LBs Takitaki and Hansen have speed, size and athletic tackling skill that will win us the 3rd phase of football.