THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Based on recent mocks, insights, etc Bush wasn't dropping to them. There was a lot of talk about Cincy taking him too 

I agree. Bush was going to Cincy and Pitt knew that. They have missed Shazier immensely and that position is key for this team to win right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Not true, the Dolphins,  Chargers and Giants all asked about him.    As for value...sure, no other NFL team was going to offer a first rounder.  They are smart.  the Cardinals depleted his value when they drafted Murray.

In my opinion, Miami could be the perfect place for him.

Personally I hope the douche falls flat on his head..... He's Jay Cutler 2.0 and a snobby douche nozzle.. I can't stand pricks like him...

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Jawaan Taylor is still unsigned, but the Falcons picked people named McGary and Lindstrom.. who would/should have both been available after the Browns pick tonight.

word on the streets in Nashville is :: J.Taylor has serious medical issues pointing at his reason to fall..Browns met with Taylor at Combine but never followed up with later medical checks..all means nothing if Dorsey see's different.. EDit---Dee' awesome Freddie Kitchen sink Omelette with Bloody Mary.. $18 bucks :)!! 

Found the browns media tents..Lots of talk of whom JD's 3 targets might have been to move-up mid 1st round? the Hot names are Simmons, Dillard, Fant, a maybe on Tillery...phone dying, your in luck, I'll be off for a while B) 

3 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Strongly disagree. I love the LBers in this draft. If you are giving up future picks it better be for an impact player and LBers just aren't that valuable.

What? Based on what exactly? Linebackers are extremely important. The entire steeler defense suffered when shazier got hurt and Bush is 100% an impact player. I could put together a 20+ player list in 2 minutes of impact players just at the linebacker position currently on n the league. 

34 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

What? Based on what exactly? Linebackers are extremely important. The entire steeler defense suffered when shazier got hurt and Bush is 100% an impact player. I could put together a 20+ player list in 2 minutes of impact players just at the linebacker position currently on n the league. 

And I'm sure that list will be as accurate as your memory of last year's stooler free agent signings. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

The way Dorsey mentioned it,  made it sound like Tillery was a target. 

2 of 5 at media tent had Fant as maybe..3 of 5 had Tillery as maybe..Simmons makes sense, the other 2, will turn into Dorsey saying, "he won't talk about other teams players"..doubtful we'll ever get the other 2 names..

31 minutes ago, choco said:

And I'm sure that list will be as accurate as your memory of last year's stooler free agent signings. 

The point was there are a TON of impact linebackers in the nfl,  a ton and to say the linebacker position isn't important or valuable or that the position is without impact is something someone that watches ZERO football would say.

1 minute ago, choco said:

and my point was your opinion is worthless because you cant even get the simplest shit correct.

And for example if I were to agree that having "impact", 3 down linebackers is incredibly important (ask any safety especially)....  Then what ?   

I think that Steelers played it nicely, I agree that Bush could have been picked by the Bengals easily and they're missing Shazier. Redskins can be glad that they didn't need to move to draft Haskins either. That's another high risk bet by Elway... Wouldn't mind if he missed that either. 

I don't understand why did NY draft Daniel Jones as QB. That's a head scratcher, but as somebody already posted both NY and OAK didn't seem to "win" the night even if they added 3 first rounders each. 

Good thing is that only one CB and one S were taken in the first round, and many Dlinemen (as expected), so maybe some good prospects can fall into pick 49. We already added value on the Dline through Free Agency so the more linemen that go soon, the better for us. 

It feels good to know that we "don't need" a first round pick to feel confident about our team. Less doubts (see NY, they might get it right but... Man, oh man), more confidence... Let's start picking at #49 this year and with #28-32 next year ;)

• Upvote 1

Bizarre to me that half the NFL doesn't understand: Outside of QB's at the top of the first, the draft isn't "we got a player" but rather "we chose not to upgrade how many OTHER positions to get what player"

Sure, we could acquire a second 2nd-rd pick [and this year that might be worthwhile] but that means next year [or later in this draft] we won't have as much of an opportunity to add talent to the roster.  The extreme example of this is the Ricky Williams trade.. He's barely worth a second-round pick let alone the entire draft.

I'd trade Corbett for the chance to pick Risner, Taylor, or Bell in a heartbeat..

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Smartest move:  Pitt moving up for Devin Bush. Fills their greatest need with one of the top 2 clearly separated from the rest of the ILBs.

Biggest reach: Tie NYG for the QB Jones from Duke and Seattle for L.J. Collier DE  TCU

Completely agree on Bush, but I don't see a tie in reach... Jones at #6 overall is unfathomable.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Found the browns media tents..Lots of talk of whom JD's 3 targets might have been to move-up mid 1st round? the Hot names are Simmons, Dillard, Fant, a maybe on Tillery...phone dying, your in luck, I'll be off for a while B) 

So You're down there too?  My nephew Ben made it to the Browns instagram page, he's on the right.  :)   

D5BsZ-YW0AAgOGW.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, choco said:

and my point was your opinion is worthless because you cant even get the simplest shit correct.

Is that right? It’s okay that you have a hard on for me because I call you on your bullshit but you don’t need to be a dipshit. Either way your “linebackers aren’t important” is enough of a brain dead comment you’ve filled your quota for the rest of the month.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Completely agree on Bush, but I don't see a tie in reach... Jones at #6 overall is unfathomable.

He’s linked to the mannings through a QB coach and I think for whatever reason that went a long way. I did read from several sources he had the best pro day of all the qbs so maybe there is some legitimacy to his selection that high.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

And for example if I were to agree that having "impact", 3 down linebackers is incredibly important (ask any safety especially)....  Then what ?   

The vast majority of the football watching masses agrees with you. Choco breathes through his mouth full time.

Just watched a piece on Dalton Risner on NFL Network how he has set up a foundation to help children and old people then I read about Tyreek Hill and what he done ....2 ends of the character spectrum .....

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Wow...for once I agree with  Mr. Female genitalia.   Linebackers ARE extremely importan...and can be impact players. 

But we will reserve judgment on whether or not Bush becomes one of those.

46 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Is that right? It’s okay that you have a hard on for me because I call you on your bullshit but you don’t need to be a dipshit. Either way your “linebackers aren’t important” is enough of a brain dead comment you’ve filled your quota for the rest of the month.

I might be a bit more aware of which idioms you may use.   In my understanding: "having a hard on" for someone means you would lust after that person.  You know:  we all may have a hard on for Kaley Cuocco....or Sandra Hubby ;)

Having a hard on with someone you may have a disagreement with just does not conjure up the right image.

0af8043438589ddac80bf4e56ff5a5d0.jpg

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

So You're down there too?  My nephew Ben made it to the Browns instagram page, he's on the right.  :)   

D5BsZ-YW0AAgOGW.jpg

👍Your Nephew, will tell you,, "you should have made the trip"..Saw this pic yesterday..but wife & i, just got in this morning..this House is full of brownies 💪 Can't wait to get on the Clock.🕗.You will hear from Dawg Nation!! Woof W👀f!!

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Just watched a piece on Dalton Risner on NFL Network how he has set up a foundation to help children and old people then I read about Tyreek Hill and what he done ....2 ends of the character spectrum .....

You'd love Houston's DT Oliver. Raised by a wrangler (horses) and he himself is considered a horse whisperer. Must have gotten all those muscles tossing hay as a little biddy baby. I had a good friend in Wyoming who had the strongest upper body of anyone I ever knew. He was raised on a 12,000 acre cattle ranch and could flip a calf and quick tie the feet for branding like anyone else would straighten pillows on a bed. Zero effort involved.

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

What I was saying is that off ball LBers are like interior offensive lineman. As long as they play their role you dont need a superstar. The difference between Kuechly and Shobert are obvious, yet I dont see Kuechly making the defense that much better. Compare that to Aaron Donald vs Larry Ogunjobi and the impact that has on a defense

1 minute ago, Louisville Slugger said:

What I was saying is that off ball LBers are like interior offensive lineman. As long as they play their role you dont need a superstar. The difference between Kuechly and Shobert are obvious, yet I dont see Kuechly making the defense that much better. Compare that to Aaron Donald vs Larry Ogunjobi and the impact that has on a defense

You are heinously wrong.

26 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

You steal my edibles MF?   

Daniel Jeremiah says that the best pick of the draft had to be Pitt moving up to take Devin Bush who was 1A & 1B with Devin White as top LB in the draft. So there is that opinion from the guy I most respect when it comes to the draft (and for agreeing with me LOL!).🤩