THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

CBS had him as the overall number six Prospect. 

Walter had him going in the top 16 and had him as the best OT in the draft. Drafttek had him #6 overall. Somethings going on in his background or physical to fall this far.

Tillery to the Chargers is too perfect.. Best value of the round so far.

Oakland had 3 picks and came away with 1.4 players.. worst value of the round so far.  Jonathan Abram is a box safety whose angles are complimentarily described as "atrocious," and both clelin farrell and josh jacobs were.. Not the best choices given players still on the board.

Dorsey & Colts GM Chris Ballard, reported as having good relations...but Redskins just traded a 2020 2nd rounder with grabbing Sweat at #26 & Colts falling to pick #46..I'd give that 2020 2nd all day, plus +..J.Abram  & Tillery now off board after trade  

I guess the NFL remembers what Josh Rosen said last draft.. Apparently Josh is NOT well liked around the league.. Hence no one has lifted a finger or inquired about his services.. I'm glad.. Rosen is a complete snobby asshole.. I hate dickhead snobs...

30 minutes ago, nickers said:

I guess the NFL remembers what Josh Rosen said last draft.. Apparently Josh is NOT well liked around the league.. Hence no one has lifted a finger or inquired about his services.. I'm glad.. Rosen is a complete snobby asshole.. I hate dickhead snobs...

That got bypassed, and thanks for bringing it up. Interesting no other QB needy NFL team thought Rosen was worth giving up this year's first round pick.  Going to be funny to see if Rosen gets moved on Day 2. And if the Cards are stuck with Josh- it's going to be even funnier. 

Hey Dors- offer the Cards one of our fifth rounders. :D (Tour might be happy) 

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That got bypassed, and thanks for bringing it up. Interesting no other QB needy NFL team thought Rosen was worth giving up this year's first round pick.  Going to be funny to see if Rosen gets moved on Day 2. And if the Cards are stuck with Josh- it's going to be even funnier. 

Hey Dors- offer the Cards one of our fifth rounders. :D (Tour might be happy) 

Per the Bleacher Report.. The Dolphins seem interested in trading for him.. But I trust TBR about as much as I trust Osama Bin Laden.

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

Per the Bleacher Report.. The Dolphins seem interested in trading for him.. But I trust TBR about as much as I trust Osama Bin Laden.

Dolphins have the 16th pick- right ahead of the Browns. Talk about buying high and selling low, sounds like something previous Browns regimes would do.  

The Cards are saying Murray is Da Bomb, and Rosen IS a bomb. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Dolphins have the 16th pick- right ahead of the Browns. Talk about buying high and selling low, sounds like something previous Browns regimes would do.  

The Cards are saying Murray is Da Bomb, and Rosen IS a bomb. 

I'm sure Rosens pussy is just aching to get out of Phoenix.. I hated the fucker from the first moment he opened his asshole mouth... I was glad we didnt draft him.. He's Jay Cutler 2.0...

Well, I talked enough about rosen - not surprised at all.  I do expect the Browns to trade up in the second round, and pretty much have a chance at the cb's they really want. My personal choices are:

Justin Layne, Nasir Adderly, Juan Thornhill...if they go cb.

or, they could nab Dre'mont Jones, DL, Ohio State. in the second round, and go...

Kendall Sheffield, cb, Ohio State in the third.

or not. Just my best guess.

ROUND 2
33. Arizona
34. Indianapolis (via Jets)
35. Oakland
36. San Francisco
37. Seattle (via Giants)
38. Jacksonville
39. Tampa Bay
40. Buffalo
41. Denver
42. Cincinnati
43. Detroit
44. Green Bay
45. L.A. Rams (via Atlanta)
46. Indianapolis (via Washington)
47. Carolina
48. Miami
49. Cleveland

Just reading draft grades and the consensus is both teams with 3 first round picks both got an F :)

First Gettleman reaches for a QB then signs a run stuffing type D lineman to replace one of the best they traded for a 5th round pick and to cap it off they took the 4th best corner in the draft after Murphy, Julian Love and Greedy.

Smartest move:  Pitt moving up for Devin Bush. Fills their greatest need with one of the top 2 clearly separated from the rest of the ILBs.

Biggest reach: Tie NYG for the QB Jones from Duke and Seattle for L.J. Collier DE  TCU

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, nickers said:

Honestly, I think they got too cute with it. They trotted him out on the voluntary workouts, etc to throw a smokescreen when it was really obvious they were going Murray. A high 2nd round pick would have been easily gotten, but now they're kinda stuck. The Dolphins, Broncos and Bengals are the only teams I see now who may throw them a bone. Honestly, why not keep the guy? Give him the Jimmy G treatment and in two years see what you can get.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Smartest move:  Pitt moving up for Devin Bush. Fills their greatest need with one of the top 2 clearly separated from the rest of the ILBs.

Biggest reach: Tie NYG for the QB Jones from Duke and Seattle for L.J. Collier DE  TCU

Strongly disagree. I love the LBers in this draft. If you are giving up future picks it better be for an impact player and LBers just aren't that valuable.

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Not true, the Dolphins,  Chargers and Giants all asked about him.    As for value...sure, no other NFL team was going to offer a first rounder.  They are smart.  the Cardinals depleted his value when they drafted Murray.

In my opinion, Miami could be the perfect place for him.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I had printed out the CBS Top 100 prospects to keep track of who went where.   Collier was not on their Top 100.

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

Just reading draft grades and the consensus is both teams with 3 first round picks both got an F :)

First Gettleman reaches for a QB then signs a run stuffing type D lineman to replace one of the best they traded for a 5th round pick and to cap it off they took the 4th best corner in the draft after Murphy, Julian Love and Greedy.

Good for us

41 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Honestly, I think they got too cute with it. They trotted him out on the voluntary workouts, etc to throw a smokescreen when it was really obvious they were going Murray. A high 2nd round pick would have been easily gotten, but now they're kinda stuck. The Dolphins, Broncos and Bengals are the only teams I see now who may throw them a bone. Honestly, why not keep the guy? Give him the Jimmy G treatment and in two years see what you can get.

Patriots could be in the mix....as an eventual replacement for TB. Chargers too as eventual replacement for Rivers.

Jawaan Taylor is still unsigned, but the Falcons picked people named McGary and Lindstrom.. who would/should have both been available after the Browns pick tonight.

Titans take... Titus Howard?

Broncos picked.. a TE instead of a QB? They must not be aware who they actually signed to run their team next season..

8 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Jawaan Taylor is still unsigned, but the Falcons picked people named McGary and Lindstrom.. who would/should have both been available after the Browns pick tonight.

Titans take... Titus Howard?

Broncos picked.. a TE instead of a QB? They must not be aware who they actually signed to run their team next season..

I think Broncos will rue the day they passed on Haskins.

Remember that time we passed on a QB for a TE? Bit us in the ass twice a year.

I think Elway is getting QB gun shy and Flacco is safe but mediocre.

Giants better pray they got Jones right too, because Haskins beating their ass twice a year will not sit well with the fanbase.

Zombo

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Smartest move:  DENVER--they must have locked Elway in a closet, passing on QB's & target was getting Flacco a TE. Hock went 2 picks ahead of Den. #10,they traded to 20 & got TE Fant, a Pitt. #52 & 3rd in 2020

Biggest reach: Tie NYG for the QB Jones from Duke and HOUSTON- reaching on a OT-- Tytus Howard was no way near the best 23rd player on board nor T..

^^Just arrived in Na-Ville, and done setting up hotel camp & ready to hit the streets..this place is jacked up with football junkies..off to Breakfast 🍳...Jersey of choice? Clay Matthews..Here we  Go Brownies, here we GOOOOoooo!!!

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Strongly disagree. I love the LBers in this draft. If you are giving up future picks it better be for an impact player and LBers just aren't that valuable.

Pitt has a glaring weakness at ILB that kept them from going anywhere deep in the playoffs. They are drafting for now, so with that in mind it was a good pick.

5 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

They could have stayed where they were and he could have fallen to them or they could have got better value with players like Pratt, Watson, Hodge, and a few others. Now he is kind of the ideal Pitt LBer. 

Based on recent mocks, insights, etc Bush wasn't dropping to them. There was a lot of talk about Cincy taking him too 

• Upvote 1