THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns' Odell Beckham Jr. blasts New York Giants GM in Twitter rant, raves about Cleveland

Vambo

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/04/23/odell-beckham-jr-shreds-giants-gm-praises-browns-twitter-rant/3551788002/

Odell Beckham Jr. is no longer a member of the New York Giants, but he had some words about his former team, or more specifically, his former general manager.

Beckham, who was traded to the Cleveland Browns last month, laid into Big Blue on Twitter this week, perhaps sparked by Giants GM Dave Gettleman's comments in an NJ.com report. Gettleman's remarks seemed to hint that Beckham's antics resulted in a negative "culture" in the locker room.

In the report, Gettleman replied, "not anymore" when asked whether the Giants had a culture problem. 

"This was by far one of the funniest things I’ve seen today!" Beckham tweeted late Monday night, retweeting a reference to Gettleman's comments.

Beckham then started responding to comments made on his Twitter feed, writing about the culture:

"I'm a winner, I don't accept losing and making excuses for it. So me speaking up to hopefully change a culture into somethin (sic) better, is bad for the culture?"

Beckham later repeated a Gettleman quote that the Giants did not sign him to a five-year, $95 million contract extension last summer just to eventually trade him.

Beckham tweeted: “'We didn’t sign him to trade him...” you don’t get married to get a divorce ... I tried my best, the situation I had been in since I got there never changed ... we were still losing. PERIOD... money doesn’t bring happiness brotha... remember that."

And for those who questioned why Beckham didn't travel with the Giants toward the end of the season when he was injured, Beckham tweeted that he "beggged" (sic) him to go to each and every one of those games."

After a series of exchanges on Twitter, Beckham then focused his tweets on his new home, Cleveland, writing, "I've never been in a place so happy in my life, my soul, my spirit, is at an all time high!!"

Regarding Beckham's quote about "the coach"- don't forget it's our old pal Pat Shure-loss.  Is a major Giant implosion on the horizon? Stay tuned. It wouldn't shock me in the least if NY winds up with the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft.  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Beckham's quote about "the coach"- don't forget it's our old pal Pat Shure-loss.  Is a major Giant implosion on the horizon? Stay tuned. It wouldn't shock me in the least if NY winds up with the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft.  

In watching the Giants a few times last year, I became convinced they had a dud for a HC.

24 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

In watching Shurmur coach the Browns for a couple of years....anyone here could have told you that.

This was before the BB was blessed with TxAg69.  LOLOLOLOL!!😂🤠

EDIT:  "Bless 'em!"🤩

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The only good thing to come out of the little Johnny experiment. :)

41 minutes ago, Zombo said:

It's fucking April.

Can we trade Grossi to another city for a sportswriter to be named later?

Zombo

Ikr...yet, some seem to think not being there for workouts has bad optics, is detrimental to the new culture, will divide the lockerroom, etc.

I swear some fans don't realize that players are just people too. 

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

It's fucking April.

Zombo

I am so glad that I don't read, watch or listen to any sports talk shows or sports writers...... Who needs to when darren15 drops a thread or two daily. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I am so glad that I don't read, watch or listen to any sports talk shows or sports writers...... Who needs to when darren15 drops a thread or two daily. 

I think the same. Everytime a friend asks me where do I get the info about the NFL, I tell them: 'let me introduce you to my friend darren...' ;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Be thankful you weren't here when Pat was coaching the Browns. He was the leader in the clubhouse as the worst coach since '99, until the Huebatross came along. Had a continual "deer in the headlights" look on the sidelines and at press conferences. If you noticed the background chatter here- most of us were shocked he got another HC gig, he was so terrible with Cleveland. Personally I have Pat & Hue as 1A and 1B on the suck-o-meter scale, details tend to fade as time passes.  :)  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

It's fucking April.

Zombo

Yeah I was sort of able to pull in WKNR on the radio today, and even they were saying Beckham almost never showed up for voluntary mini camp in NY either, Dorsey and Kitchens were well aware of that.  

https://nypost.com/2019/04/24/odell-beckham-explains-to-espn-writer-why-hes-not-at-browns-minicamp/

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

It's fucking April.

Zombo

Little wonder Baker already despises Grossi.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/browns-reporter-who-baker-mayfield-already-hates-calls-out-obj-for-missing-voluntary-minicamp

9 hours ago, choco said:

Sky is falling, Odell's not at workouts...🙄

I see the "rolling eyes" emoji, I made it a little clearer with the pink in case some thought you were serious.

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

In watching the Giants a few times last year, I became convinced they had a dud for a HC.

I DESPISE Pat Shurmur. When he was HC here, Colt McCoy went down, obviously concussed. Shurmur not only put him back in the game, he put him on the podium after the game & the kid was almost incoherent. Worse yet is that Holmgren didn't fire Shurmur on the spot. The current concussion protocol was put in place due to that total disregard for a player's health.

Mike

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I see the "rolling eyes" emoji, I made it a little clearer with the pink in case some thought you were serious.

I DESPISE Pat Shurmur. When he was HC here, Colt McCoy went down, obviously concussed. Shurmur not only put him back in the game, he put him on the podium after the game & the kid was almost incoherent. Worse yet is that Holmgren didn't fire Shurmur on the spot. The current concussion protocol was put in place due to that total disregard for a player's health.

Mike

I believe that is right....it really was  Shurmur's absolute ignorance of Colt's situation that lead to the concussion protocol.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I believe that is right....it really was  Shurmur's absolute ignorance of Colt's situation that lead to the concussion protocol.

Well, some of us fans believe Old Shure-loss was clueless many, many other times. It was posited Pat only got the Browns HC gig in the first place because Holmgren was big pals with Pat's uncle Fritz Shurmur.  

And the whole situation got compounded because Holmgren was essentially practicing on the job retirement when he was the Browns GM.  

I think it was Shurmur's turn at the wheel that produced the outpouring of cynicism in the fan base. Then yikes, MHO is Haslam pulled the plug too soon on Chud, and then saddled Pettine with an impossible situation with Johnny Football.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...