THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Draft Trivia thread

The Gipper

Here is what I promised:  Browns draft trivia.

1. If they stay put, the Browns will have the #49 overall pick as their first pick in this draft.   In the past since 1950 they have taken only 3 players with the #49 pick.  Can you name any of them?  Hint...they have not take the #49 since 1958.

2. Name those players that the Browns have drafted with the #1 overall pick.  (5 names)

3. As noted, the Browns do not have a first round pick this year.  There have been 7 years in the past where the Browns have not had a first round pick (not counting the 3 "inactive years" in the 90s).   I will list those seasons.   See if you can name the first player chosen by the Browns in each of those drafts:

Hint:  2008/1990/86/85/83  should be familiar names to Browns fans....74 and 65...not so much

4. From which school have the Browns taken the most 1st round picks in their history?

5. Name all those players take by the Browns in the First round that have made the HOF.  Hint:  4 names

6. The Browns have never take a player in the second round that has made the HOF. But, per the PFR career average statistic....who ARE the top 3 Browns players to have been taken by them in Round 2.

7. In their history, the Browns have drafte  just 3 QBs in round 2.   Name them.

8. Name all those first round picks of the Browns that are still considered active in the NFL.  Hint:  12 names

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Here is what I promised:  Browns draft trivia.

1. If they stay put, the Browns will have the #49 overall pick as their first pick in this draft.   In the past since 1950 they have taken only 3 players with the #49 pick.  Can you name any of them?  Hint...they have not take the #49 since 1958.

2. Name those players that the Browns have drafted with the #1 overall pick.  (5 names)  Mayfield, Garrett x2 wasnt there 2 Garret's ?, Brown, Couch, 

3. As noted, the Browns do not have a first round pick this year.  There have been 7 years in the past where the Browns have not had a first round pick (not counting the 3 "inactive years" in the 90s).   I will list those seasons.   See if you can name the first player chosen by the Browns in each of those drafts:

2008  Beau Bell

1990 Leroy Hoard

1986  Whoever it was we got Kosar from it I think ?

1985 Webster Slaughter

Hint:  2008/1990/86/85/83  should be familiar names to Browns fans....74 and 65...not so much

4. From which school have the Browns taken the most 1st round picks in their history?  Michigan ?

5. Name all those players take by the Browns in the First round that have made the HOF.  Hint:  4 names

6. The Browns have never take a player in the second round that has made the HOF. But, per the PFR career average statistic....who ARE the top 3 Browns players to have been taken by them in Round 2.

7. In their history, the Browns have drafte  just 3 QBs in round 2.   Name them.  Kizer, Colt McCoy ?  Frye ?

8. Name all those first round picks of the Browns that are still considered active in the NFL.  Hint:  12 names  Baker,  Ward, Garrett. Peppers, Njoku, Coleman, Shelton , Erving, Mingo, Weeden, Haden, Mack, 

2. Name those players that the Browns have drafted with the #1 overall pick.  (5 names)  Mayfield, Garrett x2 wasnt there 2 Garret's ?, Brown, Couch, 

yes there was...Check

2008  Beau Bell  Check

1990 Leroy Hoard  Check

1986  Whoever it was we got Kosar from it I think ?  No...and don't know about that ( I think we may have traded both our first round picks in 1985 and 1986 for Kosar to take him in the Supp. draft...which may be why we had no first rounders either year.

1985 Webster Slaughter  No....1 year off.

4. From which school have the Browns taken the most 1st round picks in their history?  Michigan ?  Check

7. In their history, the Browns have drafte  just 3 QBs in round 2.   Name them.  Kizer, Colt McCoy ?  Frye ?  Kizer yes...both Colt and Frye were 3rd round

8. Name all those first round picks of the Browns that are still considered active in the NFL.  Hint:  12 names  Baker,  Ward, Garrett. Peppers, Njoku, Coleman, Shelton , Erving, Mingo, Weeden, Haden, Mack,   

These are all correct....but I made a mistake because there should be 13....and I will give it:   Phil Taylor is still listed as active

1.  Too long ago for me.

3.  The only one I knew for sure was Bell.

5.  Ozzie Newsome,  Clay Matthews Sr., Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Hanford Dixon??

6. Wow.  Uhhh....Dennis Northcutt, Duke Johnson, Josh Gordon, Joel Bitonio, Mitchell Schwartz, Jabaal Sheard??  Any of these? 

7.  Eric Zeier is the only one left I can think of.

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

1.  Too long ago for me.  For everyone probably

3.  The only one I knew for sure was Bell.  Bell check

5.  Ozzie Newsome,  Clay Matthews Sr., Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Hanford Dixon??  Only JB and Ozzie.  Neither Clay nor Dixon are in HOF. Otto was not a Browns draftee (actually drafted by Lions in 1944....but he went into the military in WWII...and after the war was a free agent and went to play for Paul Brown)

6. Wow.  Uhhh....Dennis Northcutt, Duke Johnson, Josh Gordon, Joel Bitonio, Mitchell Schwartz, Jabaal Sheard??  Any of these?  No, None of these....but  The Schwartz would be in the top 5 or 6

7.  Eric Zeier is the only one left I can think of.  Zeier was a 3rd rounder, not a second.

Unanswered so far:

2008 Beau Bell...gotten

1990  Leroy Hoard...gotten

1986  giving this to darren...though he said 1985....Webster Slaughter

5. Name all those players take by the Browns in the First round that have made the HOF.  Hint:  4 names Jim Brown/Ozzie gotten

Michael Dean Perry...gotten (edit)

7. In their history, the Browns have drafte  just 3 QBs in round 2.   Name them.  Kizer...gotten

Answers:

1955 Sal Palumbo LB     1956  Bobby Moss  HB   1958  Jim Ninowski  QB

Of course the Browns did not stay put at 49.   Later I will see who they may have taken at #46

2. Name those players that the Browns have drafted with the #1 overall pick.  (5 names)

1954 Bobby Garrett  QB Stanford;  1999 Tim Couch QB Kentucky  2000 Courtney Brown DE Penn State,  2017 Myles Garrett DE Tex A&M  2018 Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

2008 Beau Bell Round 4

1990 Leroy Hoard  Rd 2

1986 Webster Slaughter Rd. 2

1985 Greg Allen RB  Rd. 2

1983 Ron Brown WR  Rd. 2

1974 Billy Colbert OT Rd 2

1965 Jim Garcia DE Rd 2

And now Greedy Williams CB Rd. 2 2019

4. From which school have the Browns taken the most 1st round picks in their history?

Michigan   6 players   Ohio St. and USC  4 each

Doug Atkins (traded to Bears)   Jim Brown   Paul Warfield  Ozzie Newsome

Dick Shafrath  (should be HOF),   Michael Dean Perry,   Greg Pruitt

7. In their history, the Browns have drafte  just 3 QBs in round 2.   Name them.

1957 Milt Plum    1966 Rick Norton  2017  DeShone Kizer

8. Name all those first round picks of the Browns that are still considered active in the NFL.  Hint:  13 names

2018   Mayfield and Ward  

2017  Garrett, Peppers, Njoku

2016 Corey Coleman

2015 Danny Shelton

2013 Barkevious Mingo

2012 Brandon Weeden

2011 Phil Taylor

2010 Joe Haden

2009 Alex Mack

Note: 2012 pick Trent Richardson...out of the league (can he get back in?)   2014 both John Manziel and Justin Gilbert out of the league.

On 4/29/2019 at 12:48 PM, The Gipper said:

Answers:

1955 Sal Palumbo LB     1956  Bobby Moss  HB   1958  Jim Ninowski  QB

Of course the Browns did not stay put at 49.   Later I will see who they may have taken at #46

1954 Bobby Garrett  QB Stanford;  1999 Tim Couch QB Kentucky  2000 Courtney Brown DE Penn State,  2017 Myles Garrett DE Tex A&M  2018 Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

2008 Beau Bell Round 4

1990 Leroy Hoard  Rd 2

1986 Webster Slaughter Rd. 2

1985 Greg Allen RB  Rd. 2

1983 Ron Brown WR  Rd. 2

1974 Billy Colbert OT Rd 2

1965 Jim Garcia DE Rd 2

And now Greedy Williams CB Rd. 2 2019

Michigan   6 players   Ohio St. and USC  4 each

Doug Atkins (traded to Bears)   Jim Brown   Paul Warfield  Ozzie Newsome

Dick Shafrath  (should be HOF),   Michael Dean Perry,   Greg Pruitt

1957 Milt Plum    1966 Rick Norton  2017  DeShone Kizer

8. Name all those first round picks of the Browns that are still considered active in the NFL.  Hint:  13 names

2018   Mayfield and Ward  

2017  Garrett, Peppers, Njoku

2016 Corey Coleman

2015 Danny Shelton

2013 Barkevious Mingo

2012 Brandon Weeden

2011 Phil Taylor

2010 Joe Haden

2009 Alex Mack

Note: 2012 pick Trent Richardson...out of the league (can he get back in?)   2014 both John Manziel and Justin Gilbert out of the league.

Phil Taylor announced his retirement in March.

Zombo