THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Friday

The Gipper

Here is This Week's Survey. Give your answers or opinions:

1.  Give your best prediction on who the Browns will draft with their #49 pick  (assuming they stay there).....or any moves you predict them to make.

2.  What major move do you think will take place either before or on Draft Day.....by any team...including the Browns.

3. The schedule has been released, so:    What if any AWAY game are you going to try to get to this year (whether you live here in NE Ohio or elsewhere)....or....if you are from out of town, which, if any home game do you hope to come to?

4.  While I may have asked this before....I will do so again:   NBA playoffs have started.  Which teams do you want to make the Finals(and win).... vs. which teams you expect to make the Finals (and win?

5. Same for the NHL playoffs  (and note: I don't give a shit whether you give a shit or not...so no snarky answers about not giving a shit).   Which teams make the Finals (and win)  vs. which teams do you want to make the Finals (and win)

My answers:

1.  Just a WAG:  Browns draft Juan Thornhill out of VA.   ...but ILB  Mack Wilson out of Alabama could also be a good choice.

2.  The Cardinals will trade Josh Rosen.  And the teams most likely to trade for him are the Redskins or Giants, with the Dolphins also in the mix.  Cardinals will want the #17 pick the Giants got from the Browns for him....if the Giants don't take Haskins at #6.  But if the Giants could get away with trading their #37 pick for him....they would prefer that.  (my choice for them would be Haskins who I think will be better).  They could try to pry the #15 pick out of Washington...or #13 out of Miami.    Both teams will resist that...but there is a longshot that either could happen.

3. As I said elsewhere...I am highly considering the trip to Arizona in December for that game.  (I just wish the NFL in stadium experience was not so distasteful).

4.  I would like to see either the Milwaukee Bucks or the Toronto Raptors win the East....and I would love to see either the Portland Trailblazers win the West...followed by the Denver Nuggets.     Fuck a bunch of Boston Celtics and Kyrie.   And of course I would love to the the Warriors come crashing down:   So, how about this:   Rockets vs.  Bucks for the NBA finals.  Prefer the Bucks to win it.

5. NHL East:  Columbus Blue Jackets?  I might like to see it....but perhaps no more than having the Toronto Maple Leafs make it.  I could also tolerate the NY Islanders (Caps won last year...so it is someone else's turn.  And thank goodness the Pissburgh Pukeguins got kicked to the curb

In the west..my preference is for the St. Louis Blues followed by the Nashville Predators, I guess.  I do not really want a team that has just been in existence for 2 years to predominate (Vegas)

A St. Louis/Toronto...or Columbus Final would be copacetic.

1.  Give your best prediction on who the Browns will draft with their #49 pick  (assuming they stay there).....or any moves you predict them to make.

Really feeling the D-side here. Thornhill has been much bandied about 'round here, but I still feel LB has the greater need. Problem is that the projected LB prospects get pretty thin in Round 2 so I look for a move up to a late-1st/early-2nd to catch a faller squeezed out of his rightful spot. Devin Bush (ILB) or Brian Burns (OLB) are the two likely candidates I see.

But if we stay put... Thornhill is as good a choice as any and there's good LB value in Rounds 3 and 4.

2.  What major move do you think will take place either before or on Draft Day.....by any team...including the Browns.

NYG... a trade with AZ for Rosen makes a lot of sense. For the price of a 3rd rounder they get a great understudy for Eli and a possible franchise future, and they get to spend their 1st round capital on Defense.

3. The schedule has been released, so:    What if any AWAY game are you going to try to get to this year (whether you live here in NE Ohio or elsewhere)....or....if you are from out of town, which, if any home game do you hope to come to?

If I go to CLE, then that BUF/PTG 2fer gumby latched onto looks really enticing.

I don't see me making any road games this season.

4.  While I may have asked this before....I will do so again:   NBA playoffs have started.  Which teams do you want to make the Finals(and win).... vs. which teams you expect to make the Finals (and win?

Kinda pulling for Kyrie and the Celts to win it over the Rockets in the Finals, but...

... until dethroned I've gotta go with the Warriors... likely over Toronto.

5. Same for the NHL playoffs  (and note: I don't give a shit whether you give a shit or not...so no snarky answers about not giving a shit).   Which teams make the Finals (and win)  vs. which teams do you want to make the Finals (and win)

Love the Bluejackets KOing the #1 seeded TB Lightening in a round one sweep... so happy to wish for them to take it all.

Out of the West I like Nashville to take it all...

But it's a bit much to expect an 8-seed to skate the cup, but with the East now wide open they can make the final.

47 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Give your best prediction on who the Browns will draft with their #49 pick  (assuming they stay there).....or any moves you predict them to make. JULIAN LOVE  CB  NOTRE DAME

2.  What major move do you think will take place either before or on Draft Day.....by any team...including the Browns.   ROSEN GETS TRADED TO REDSKINS, WE MOVE UP THE DRAFT IN ROUND 2 BY  SWAPPING PICKS WITH A TEAM BY  TRADING DUKE AND WE GET A 5TH, SO WE SWAP 2ND ROUNDERS AND GET A 5TH FOR DUKE

3. The schedule has been released, so:    What if any AWAY game are you going to try to get to this year (whether you live here in NE Ohio or elsewhere)....or....if you are from out of town, which, if any home game do you hope to come to?  DEFFO GOING TO TAMPA FOR PRE SEASON ....WONT GET TO ANY OTHER

4.  While I may have asked this before....I will do so again:   NBA playoffs have started.  Which teams do you want to make the Finals(and win).... vs. which teams you expect to make the Finals (and win? HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS IS ABOUT MY BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE

5. Same for the NHL playoffs  (and note: I don't give a shit whether you give a shit or not...so no snarky answers about not giving a shit).   Which teams make the Finals (and win)  vs. which teams do you want to make the Finals (and win)  DONT CARE ....NO INTEREST

It'll be a cornerback. Every Dixon needs a Minnifield.

Giants and Dolphins are in on a QB at all costs 

.. let the drama begin.

I'll be up for the Opener. Spoiler Alert, that is the Browmsboard reunion and Stan Memorial.

Shooting for that Buffalo/Pittsburgh twofer as well.

Rooting for Spurs/Bucks. Probably Warriors/Sixers.

Rooting for Blues/Leafs. Could be Jackets year.

Z

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No idea, I only scout first round prospects, Dorsey could move up- or down here.

Others have said- Rosen to the Giants just makes too much sense assuming the Cardinals are all in on Murray

Cardinals is near definite (but if the wife goes, hooking up with you Gip isn't probably going to happen) Seriously considering the Jets, though that 9 hour drive seems like 18.  Also the season ender against the Bengals, though for me it's almost like a "home" game, with an hour 55 mile drive. Probably see what the Cinci Browns Backers are up to for that game.  

Want? Bucks - Rockets. Expect? Bucks - Golden State.

Make Finals? No idea.  Hope? Blue Jackets. Them getting out the brooms in the first round has to be one of the biggest hockey upsets recently. Yeah, and screw Las Vegas for that run last year.  

34 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Cardinals is near definite (but if the wife goes, hooking up with you Gip isn't probably going to happen

I would think that there may be some interest in doing the Arizona game from other quarters...considering it is AZ on the cusp of winter.  It is why I am interested (plus fyi, my brother lives nearby...sort of...in Prescott and I have close friends who live right in Sedona).  Though in my brother's case, he spends more time up on the Cal/Nev. border near Bishop CA  where his job is.

Is there some  Browns Backer group in that  Phoenix area that puts on a tailgate like the Houston area BB group did last year? We could at least have dinner the night before and meet at the tailgate like we did last year...if there is one.

22 hours ago, Zombo said:

It'll be a cornerback. Every Dixon needs a Minnifield.

Z

These could be the top candidates  (rank per CBS):

47 Justin Layne Michigan St. Jr CB 5 6-2 192    

49 Juan Thornhill Virginia Sr S 5 6-0 205    
50 Julian Love Notre Dame Jr CB 6 5-11 195