THE BROWNS BOARD

'I have never seen a more biblical president than I have seen in Donald Trump'

calfoxwc

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ready-former-us-rep-michele-bachmann-i-have-never-seen-a-more-biblical-president-than-i-have-seen-in-donald-trump

What did Bachmann say?

After praising Trump's economic policies, deregulation efforts, and support of the pro-life cause and religious freedom, Bachmann said the president's move to allow persecuted Christians from other countries into America "flipped on its head" the policies of former President Barack Obama.

"We could go on what the president has done with standing for righteousness in so many areas," she added.

Transgenders in the military

Bachmann also said Obama "demanded and commanded that our military services had to literally go out and recruit people who are transgender to come into the military. Well, it costs about a quarter of a million dollars to do sex-reassignment surgery. Why would you recruit people who would come in and have sex-reassignment surgery and be on the sidelines? It made no sense, so Donald Trump got rid of that mandate and that requirement."

Indeed, Trump's ban on transgenders in the U.S. military took effect last week, turning back Obama's policy, which itself was a reversal of a longstanding policy against transgenders in the armed forces.

'Highly biblical'

Bachmann added that Trump "has stood up where most Republicans wouldn't dare to stand up. Donald Trump has had the courage and the fortitude, and I will say to your listeners in my lifetime I have never seen a more biblical president than I have seen in Donald Trump."

Calling Trump "highly biblical," Bachmann also said "we will in all likelihood never see a more godly, biblical president again in our lifetimes. So we need to be not only praying for him; we need to support him, in my opinion, in every possible way that we can."

What else has Bachmann said about Trump?

A few months before Trump's victory in the 2016 presidential election, Bachmann said "God raised up" Trump to face off with Hillary Clinton.

"I don't think God sits things out. He's a sovereign God. Donald Trump became our nominee," she said at the time to the Christian Broadcasting Network.

Bachmann also cited Scripture in relation to her point: "Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but I do know that the Bible is true and that Daniel teaches the most high God, which is one of God's names, is the one who lifts up who he will and takes down who he will."

And six months into Trump's presidency, Bachmann remarked that he's a "man of prayer, and a man who loves to receive prayer. He is a man who, I do believe, understands who the God of the Bible is, and he wants to lift up the God of the Bible here in the United States."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw, Pres Trump has had a serious meeting with Phil Robertson, of "Duck Dynasty"

about what Phil always preaches about. True Christian faith, and our country's problems. and solutions.

From the article I'm not sure how Bachmann derives at the notion that Trump is a "man of prayer".

She clearly views him as a man doing God's work tho.

You could describe Trump unwittingly doing Gods work . I don't get the impression he's religious.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

This, from the same Michelle Bachmann who said she's was launching her presidential campaign in the spirit of John Wayne Gacy. 

And as true lib I'm sure you keep making yourself believe that, even when you know who she was referring to.

Oh, and Sarah Palin didn't really say she could see Russia from her house either.

6 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Certainly Obama did....before he became president....back in Chicago....listening to a hate filled "pastor" spewing anti-American shit.

Ironic in a previous election Obama had his ass handed to him by an opponent with more street cred. That's when Barry decided to join the flock. Seems like for that particular election coming up it was the Wright decision.

⁉️

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well every president panders, and every presidential candidate. Seems like Trump does it a little bit more.

Is there somebody you guys think is more biblical?

WSS

Carter seemed to be a gentle soul.  Not a good President...  But seemed a decent man.  

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Carter seemed to be a gentle soul.  Not a good President...  But seemed decent.  

That's true. And a good deal of his woes were not within his power to correct. Paul Volcker had little other way to put the clamps on inflation than by slowing down the economy. 

I think we could have backed the Shah of Iran a little more strenuously but who knows.

WSS

11 hours ago, Gorka said:

From the article I'm not sure how Bachmann derives at the notion that Trump is a "man of prayer".

She clearly views him as a man doing God's work tho.

You could describe Trump unwittingly doing Gods work . I don't get the impression he's religious.

Trump was obviously very ignorant of biblical teachings in 2016 with some of his statements such as saying he didn't need forgiveness of sins and his referral to Second Corinthians as "two" Corinthians. However other Christians who are well versed in the bible such as Mike Huckabee and Ben Carson (who both lost to Trump in the 2016 primaries)  and a host of other Christians such as Phil Robertson...(that one is for you Cal) have said that in private Trump has been very receptive to Christian counseling and teaching. 

'Mr. Trump has heard the gospel': 'Duck Dynasty' star reveals sharing the Bible with Donald Trump

https://www.shelbystar.com/news/20161016/mr-trump-has-heard-gospel-duck-dynasty-star-reveals-sharing-bible-with-donald-trump?template=ampart

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well every president panders, and every presidential candidate. Seems like Trump does it a little bit more.

WSS

Hey Steve over here! 

I'm more biblical!  See my bible!!!???

I carry it wherever I go, like Hillary here does her hotsauce!

Ain't that right Hillary!!??

Related image

This past summer, we sat with friends around a campfire, and I told them about how I nearly died the winter of fifth grade.

I remember, always, going out to the middle of our 147 acres, when my Dad was at work in the summer - with my .22 rifle. I'd go

out there to sit on mossy hill - the highest hill of our woods, with huge beech and oak trees, and fox squirrels all over the tree tops.

I liked to go out there and watch squirrels - but after that winter - I went out to mossy hill and talked to God. I asked God what was so important I had a miracle to save my life? Pretty heavy emotions for a fifth grade goofball comedian kid. I honestly, truly expected that "Ten Commandments" Charles Heston low voice come from heaven. But it never did. The realization that God was really there was scary? profound? stunning?....Reassuring when you look at parts of the world without God?

I have always felt far closer to God out in nature, in the woods, etc. Far, far more than any time I went to church. That Phil has similar understandings on that - is great, to me.

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Not seeking current office, but Jimmy Carter would qualify.

20 hours ago, Gorka said:

And as true lib I'm sure you keep making yourself believe that, even when you know who she was referring to.

Oh, and Sarah Palin didn't really say she could see Russia from her house either.

Don't be a moron. No one believes she was actually talking about Gacy, but it just shows how stupid she is mixing those two up. IDK about you, but it's a little more than a hop and skip from an American film icon and a serial killer. 

But, this isn't the only time she said stupid shit. Remember when she blamed Hurricane Irene as an "act of God" on the American deficit? I'm sure the people who lost their homes and loved ones really enjoyed that one 

19 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Trump was obviously very ignorant of biblical teachings in 2016 with some of his statements such as saying he didn't need forgiveness of sins and his referral to Second Corinthians as "two" Corinthians. However other Christians who are well versed in the bible such as Mike Huckabee and Ben Carson (who both lost to Trump in the 2016 primaries)  and a host of other Christians such as Phil Robertson...(that one is for you Cal) have said that in private Trump has been very receptive to Christian counseling and teaching. 

'Mr. Trump has heard the gospel': 'Duck Dynasty' star reveals sharing the Bible with Donald Trump

https://www.shelbystar.com/news/20161016/mr-trump-has-heard-gospel-duck-dynasty-star-reveals-sharing-bible-with-donald-trump?template=ampart

So he pandered to the people in the room with him? I find it hard to believe that the guy who traded in wives when the years got too hard on them and says things about grabbing ladies by the pussy is some guy seeking faith haha.

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The backpedaling and mental gymnastics that some people do to try and make it seem like he isn't that guy. I don't care. I didn't care if Clinton got a hummer from an intern. That sort of stuff gets social cons wound tight.

Nobody really cared about it except people that hated Clinton. Perjury trap not much different than the stupid ass Mueller report.

On the other hand, along the lines of Mary Ann or Ginger your choice... Monica or Melania? Or Melania or Michelle or Hilary? 😮

Maybe a better question Monica or Stormy? 

😂

Personally I think the broken English is a plus.

WSS

28 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So he pandered to the people in the room with him? I find it hard to believe that the guy who traded in wives when the years got too hard on them and says things about grabbing ladies by the pussy is some guy seeking faith haha.

Only God knows what is in a man's heart. I don't know why you would find it hard for a sinner seeking faith? Forgiveness of sins, a changed life and a new beginning is what the heart of the gospel is about.

The fact is if Trump did pander for the evangelical Christian vote in 2016 he has delivered on his promises to fight to protect religious liberty as well as being the most pro life president since Roe v Wade.  

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Read Phil's book. One of em. His first book, I believe, is "Happy, Happy, Happy". He explains how he and Si grew up in dire poverty,    how they hunted and fished to have food, etc, and how he met Miss Kay, had two kids, and went from bad to worse - drinking, drugs, whoring around, and finally one rainy night, he told them to get out, he wanted to be free to do whatever he wanted.

He was ruining his life, became an outlaw, and fell into despair because the more evil he was, the more empty he was. Finally, Miss Kay, his Wife, arranged for him to meet a pastor friend - in a bar.

It's a very sad story, that eventually becomes love and zest for a Biblical life with Miss Kay, etc etc etc etc.              

By Pres Trump's ACTIONS as president - he has a moral Christian compass now, and that is what matters. 

It is also an EXCELLENT read. A NY Times best seller.

726092.jpg

BTW, his brother, Si Robertson, tells his life story, growing up in poverty, and about being in the military in "Nam".

Also a NY Times best-seller.

really, really funny.513LE0Vu7-L._SL500_.jpg

Archived