THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 Browns Board Mock: Day 3 - Rounds 6 and 7

Tour2ma

Daa Bears fans are having a hoedown 7MVS.gif  selecting a 5th round value Corner in the 7th.                                                    CB CORY BALLENTINE from.. Where The F**k  is WASHBURN?

It's as if someone has been looking for a use of a favorite gif for a long time...

Obviously Round 7 Group 3 is open for bidness...

Lists updated...

Who has two thumbs and three picks to go?

This guy...

da 'Boys have done quite a lot with a very limited number of picks, but one area remains to be addresses... the OL. If only I knew a GM that could unearth value deep into Round 7. :)

There is one Big Ten-or-so kid that is well under any radar I've seen yet had a strong 2018 campaign and measured very well at his ProDay, e.g., 5.12-40 w/ a 10-yd split of 1.75, 27 reps, a 35.5" vert and a 7.29 3-cone.

On the field the kid is a road grader. PFF has him as their #13 run blocker with a 92.4% success rate. PassPro? Nowhere near as good... but his reaction times/snap and ability to move shown in the above numbers say it's a tech-thing.

So with pick 7.27 Dallas selects:

Ross Reynolds (OG - Iowa)

Pick 7.28 - LAC

There's an attractive OLB out there, but LB is a position LAC has addressed 3 time in FA and this draft. So...

With the 28th Pick of the 2019 BBMD the LA Chargers select:

Preston Williams (WR - Colorado St.)

Kid has off-field issues, but this is where you can roll the dice on someone... even a high-risk someone... if the reward is commensurate. And in this case it looks like it is.

Here is PFF's summary of their 126th-ranked prospect, a 6'4, 210# WR:

"Williams’ laundry list of off-field concerns will keep him from going high in the 2019 NFL Draft, but his play on the field is special enough for him to hear his name called. He earned an 84.6 overall grade as the Rams’ top target in 2018, ranking tied for 11th in the class."

Oops darren took Williams as the Commish pick for the Saints... good fit there as well, so there he goes.

Besides there's another WR of interest with slightly less on-field promise, but no baggage so...

Travis Fulgham (WR - Old Dominion)

A little heavier (215), a little shorter (6'2), but faster and more agile with a better vert than more than makes up for the 2" he spots Williams flatfooted.

Here's PFF's summary of their 128th-ranked prospect:

" Fulgham earned a career-high 80.2 overall grade in 2018, catching 63-of-107 targets for 1,083 receiving yards and nine touchdowns in the process. "

Those 2 vikings players Tia added before the allotted time have been added to players picked by position list ... please PM me Tia if you want to change your mind ....

Nauta TE and Kaufusi DE

• Upvote 1

245 - NYG - Justin Hollins OLB Oregon (some people say day 2 after his combine.  Steal of the round)

248 - ARI -  Travis Homer RB Miami (Maybe the best combine of all RB)

249 - ARI - Albert Huggins DT Clemson

254 - Mr. Irrelevant - ARI - Clayton Thorson QB Northwestern (No way he lasts this long)

19 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

With pick #246 the Patriots take an edge who is projected 4th round in some places and given a potential-starter grade by NFL.com

It's Miller time..

Shareef Miller, DE, Penn State

I assume you are working on your last two which along with the Commish's pick for woody when he gets on will complete the BB draft I believe.

EDIT: Looks like stillmotion has a pick for JAX to go as well from yesterday.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I assume you are working on your last two which along with the Commish's pick for woody when he gets on will complete the BB draft I believe.

EDIT: Looks like stillmotion has a pick for JAX to go as well from yesterday.

I'm going to go ahead and make both picks.

Since slots have been open over 24 hours, this will end the draft.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, darren15 said:

AWESOME JOB TOUR BEING COMMISH ........................... THE NFL WOULD LIKE TO OFFER YOU A 10 YEAR CONTRACT :)

I think we should offer him a lifetime contract on the BB. Then the old bastard will try to live forever.🧓

• Zombo unpinned this topic