THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 Browns Board Mock: Day 3 - Rounds 6 and 7

Tour2ma

Round 7 Group 1 has been open since 0600 EDT...

• TB.......... darren
  • KC.......... Commish
  • NYJ........ darren
  • OAK........ darren
  • PTG........ comeon
  • HOU....... Tour
  • CLE........ tia
  • CHI......... gumby
  • CIN......... still
  • DET......... Ag

Note that Group has been expanded from 8 to 10 picks...

===============================================

With their final pick the Houston Texans select:

Alize Mack (TE - ND)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Bay

Need depth at safety get a hitter from Colorado

EVAN WASHINGTON   S   COLORADO

Kansas City

Rebuilding that D and add some linebacker help

COLE HOLCOMB   LB   NORTH CAROLINA

New York Jets

Pick up a guy who for an injury would be in rounds 2 or 3 ....O line depth

ALEX BARS   OT   NOTRE DAME

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/alex-bars

Oakland 

Pick up a 3rd round ranked  corner in the 7th

JORDAN BROWN   CB   SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

This last pick for the Browns was one that I've had my eye on for some time.  A player who sadly was hurt towards the end of this year, but I feel would make a quality practice squad stash to try and further his development.   In reality he might be able to slide as an UDFA but some of the footwork and utility at times makes me think I don't mind dropping some type of pick on this.   Though I feel he does need to work on his initial punch and anchor... there might just be something there in time.

At pick 221 The Cleveland Browns select - Patrick Mekari, OL, Cal

20 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Detroit decides upon a thriller at CB,  Michael Jackson from Miami.🤗

Texas are you OK are you OK are you OK Texas

if i win anything? send me a working' military watch as my gift..

Just this week, Da Bears had to announce the Retirement of a really good guy, I really enjoyed watching..TE Zach Miller..I also enjoyed watching this testy little prick play TE at BC.. DAA-Chick-go Bears select--TE TOMMY SWEENEY--YAnk Chowder College    

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

Texas are you OK are you OK are you OK Texas

LOL! Could not pass that "thriller" comment up the for a real CB named Michael Jackson who was the next CB on my list. The guy is 6'1" and runs a 4.45 40. 40.5  in. vert. Had a great combine. A perfect pick for a sleeper in the 7th.

https://caneswarning.com/2019/03/04/miami-football-cb-michael-jackson-has-strong-day-at-nfl-combine/

Buffalo goes for a little extra insurance in case Bryce Love goes to IR with RB Benny Snell Kentucky who I see going around the 4th rd.   Pick 7.11

Buffalo also adds a little flea for the slot in WR Penny Hart Georgia St.  Pick  7.14  NE thrives on these kind of players.

Detroit adds another WR in DeMarcus Lodge from Ole Miss.  Pick  7.15  When in doubt, SEC West.

Tomorrow is my last pick in this draft (Broncos). The pick is so secret that I have not even revealed it to myself yet.😱🤩

The Redskins still have so many remaining roster holes, they have sent a letter to the Commish to extend this draft 7 more rounds:o.. The guys at PFF have my sleeper jumping up boards. NFL.com has him now ahead of McLaurin/Isabella. Gumby goes back to his alma mater to find a round 4 Emmanuel Sanders in the 7th.. Thee REDSKINS select--WR DIONTAE JOHNSON- Toledo 🚀

Had some time so I'll make the NO pick now...

CBs tend to dominate the very late picks and dem Saints need depth there... but Marcus Williams looks awful lonely at FS in the Ourlads depth chart. Unfortunately I do not see great value in the FSs left on the board. Fortunately I see a CB with FS potential and his name is:

Tim Harris (CB/fs - UVA)

PFF ranks him in the Top 20 in both coverage and tackling... a combo good enough to rank him 117th in PFF's Top 250, that's essentially a 4th Round grade.

He's got the size (6'1, 205), the speed (sub 4.5), hops (39" vertical) and agility (6.90 3-cone) to play the positions and be a ST asset until needed on D.

Update of CBS Top 10 still on the board.

1. Jakobi Meyers  WR  N.C. St.

X2. Clayton Thorson  QB  Northwestern

X3. Isaac Nauta   TE   Georgia

4. Devine Ogzibo   RB   Nebraska

5. Dillon Mitchell   WR  Oregon

6. Dax Raymond   TE   Utah St.

X7. Corey Ballentine  CB   Washburn

X8. Lil'Jordan Humphrey  WR   Texas (I swear I did not make that first name up just because he is from that place in Asstin).😂

X9. Hunter Renfro   WR   Clemson

10. Wyatt Ray   DE   Boston College

X = taken

Lists updated.

Round 7 Group 2 is full.

tia, your picks are in Group 4, the final group, which does not open until Monday at 0600 EDT.

You can leave your picks posted, but they can be stolen in Group 3.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

tia, your picks are in Group 4, the final group, which does not open until Monday at 0600 EDT.

You can leave your picks posted, but they can be stolen in Group 3.

I removed the "X"s from the CBS list. Still available until Monday morning.

With my last pick in the BB draft @  # 7.23 the Denver Broncos fill a need with Punter Jack Fox  of Rice who with a punting average of 45.5 ypp was second only to Texas A&M's single season NCAA record breaker (50.98 ypp) Braden Mann who opted to stay in school in 2019. I thought about taking the Utah punter, but they had nearly identical ypp averages with the Utah player having the advantage of 4200+ ft. altitude for 6 games at home and another in Boulder's 5000+ ft. altitude. Rice is at sea level Houston. Denver lost it's punter Marquette King to a career ending thigh injury and was paid off out the door, so punter is a no-brainer for Denver in Rd. 7. Punting at Mile High will be a dream for this kid. Add 5 yds per punt or more. He was well hidden on a 2 win Rice team, but I think he is the best of the punters. 3rd in the nation with 13 punts inside the 10 and 31 inside the 20.

Oakland Raiders make their final pick of the draft and draft a raw high ceiling pass rusher .....

Derick Roberson DE Sam Houston State

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/20/lions-draft-prospect-of-the-day-sam-houston-state-edge-derick-roberson/

Archived