THE BROWNS BOARD

kim jong un still being kim jong un....

Clevfan4life

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6911347/North-Korea-two-female-fortune-tellers-shot-dead-public-execution.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR1wOhyGYCrhAelNDd8C_Kjz5I--XYOPbw1PCZs7uzFUEeOZoIRPvgXemCY

Oppressed North Koreans are ‘one of the great winners’ of the summit

When a reporter raised the question of human rights, pointing specifically to the people brutalized by Kim’s regime in North Korea, Trump bristled and defended his talks with the iron-fisted leader, saying that oppressed North Koreans were “one of the great winners as a group” as a result of the summit.

Here’s the full exchange:

Reporter: “You mentioned that you have raised extensively the issue of human rights with Chairman Kim.”

Trump: “Yes.”

Reporter: “I wonder what you would say to the group of people who have no ability whatsoever to hear or to see this press conference — the 100,000 North Koreans kept in a network of gulags. Have you betrayed them by legitimizing the regime in Pyongyang?”

Trump: “No, I think I’ve helped them because I think things will change. I think I’ve helped them. There’s nothing I can say. All I can do is do what I can do. We have to stop the nuclearization. We have to do other things, and that’s a very important thing. So at a certain point, hopefully, you’ll be able to ask me a much more positive question or make a statement.

“But not much I can do right now. At a certain point, I really believe he’s going to do things about it. I think they are one of the great winners today, that large group of people that you’re talking about. I think, ultimately, they’re going to be one of the great winners as a group.”

‘North Korea did a great thing by going to the Olympics’

Trump made several head-scratching comments about North Korea’s involvement in the 2018 Olympic Winter Games, which took place in PyeongChang, South Korea. Trump at one point claimed that North Korea’s involvement in the Games led to tickets selling “like wildfire,” adding: “North Korea did a great thing by going to the Olympics. . . It was a great success. He did a great thing.”

When a different reporter asked a question later, Trump again brought up the Olympics, saying: “They went to the Olympics. They took an Olympics that was going to be a massive failure that maybe wouldn’t have even opened, and they made it a tremendous success by agreeing to participate.”

I don't care about the meaningless flattery from Trump as long as the things that really matter like keeping the tough sanctions in place are kept in place. There is a chance (although slim) Trump can get North Korea to de-nuclearize and if flattery helps in that respect I am OK with it. The big thing is we don't give Kim anything on a promise. We already got burned giving North Korea billions of dollars for an empty promise they would stop their nuclear ambitions so we don't need to make that mistake again.

52 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

"Fortune Tellers" ?

Ya'll forget about the female assassin that killed his brother(?) in an Airport a year or so back ?

do u know thst fortune telling is high crimes in NK. And do u know why? Do ur homewirk. If the two women were spies/assassins NK would have said they were such. Infact it would have msde this look better right? Use ur brain, do ur homework. It should be telling to u that NK didbt bother cooking up a better story.......psssttt, they dont give a shit

21 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

do u know thst fortune telling is high crimes in NK. And do u know why? Do ur homewirk. If the two women were spies/assassins NK would have said they were such. Infact it would have msde this look better right? Use ur brain, do ur homework. It should be telling to u that NK didbt bother cooking up a better story.......psssttt, they dont give a shit

You're missing the point.

You taking the MSM story as stone cold fact.

I'm actually surprised they didn't say they were little old Church ladies they lined up against the wall and executed via Firing Squad.

Do I have contempt for the MSM ?

Damn straight I do, and when you finally realize the line of $#!+ they've been feeding the past several decades you'll understand why.

13 hours ago, JAFBF said:

You're missing the point.

You taking the MSM story as stone cold fact.

I'm actually surprised they didn't say they were little old Church ladies they lined up against the wall and executed via Firing Squad.

Do I have contempt for the MSM ?

Damn straight I do, and when you finally realize the line of $#!+ they've been feeding the past several decades you'll understand why.

The Daily Mail isn't the MSM though.

There's little doubt in my mind NK would execute fortune tellers.

https://www.destinationtips.com/destinations/asia/19-baffling-things-didnt-know-north-korea/8/

Strangely, I believe Cleve got it right this time.

Archived