THE BROWNS BOARD

Regular Season Schedule

darren15

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

Both the first two are winnable Tour. That happens, the train starts a rollin'.  Don't see 0-4 after that... I agree playing the 49ers on MNF, and then a real short week to play the Seahawks coming off a bye in Cleveland, the schedule makers didn't exactly do us a favor there... 

True... winnable... but despite the fact that I see week's 1 and 2 supplying the "Ws" in my 2-4 tally, they are not won.

Ag's on his Henry horse early, but of more concern to me is facing a healthy Mariotta. Of the first two weeks TN is the better test, but I don't see their D being strong enough to prevent a "W"... even if it takes a shootout to post it.

Week 2 has the look of an opposite... a defensive struggle. NYJ adding Moseley in the middle and Jonson at one corner helps them immensely. And while I don't fear Darnold, Bell lining up behind him adds a run dimension that has to be honored and a pass option that has to cool our pass rush.

Even should we emerge an unscathed 2-0, the competition level rises hosting the Rams on a short week, visiting BLT, traveling to SF and then facing SEA. That's a schedule that could blunt a helluva lot of momentum.

19 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Seattle playing a 1pm eastern game isn’t easy for them either

True, but Pete has 10 days to reset his team's bio-clocks.

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

This "we" you spoke of has nothing to do with Dorsey and Mayfield and this current team, and everything to do with a damaged fanbase.

I understand, and it's cool for some of you to go "whoa, let's not put the cart before the horse", I do get it.

Garret, Ward, Schoebert and Landry were Pro Bowlers with the Browns. We've added Pro Bowlers Vernon, Richardson, Hunt and OBJ. That's 8.

Mayfield set the rookie passing mark. Chubb and Nojoku look like big-time playmakers of the future.

We were 5-2 Down the stretch ... It's OK to be optimistic too.

Agree... enough water has flowed under the bridge... carrying GMs, HCs, QBs and others with it... to render any connection with 2007 illogical. ANd while other stops along the way have felt different-ish, this time is clearly different.

It was before my time here or any sports forum for that matter, but after 2007, I told anyone who would listen that we needed to trade both Derek "one read" Anderson and Braylon Edwards while they were "hot"... that 2007 was a dual, high-water fluke that they'd never approach again.

I think I pretty much nailed that one...

I got no such feeling from this roster... and that was prior to all JD's off-season moves.

So I understand the optimism of you and others. BION I'm optimistic, too... just being realistic at the same time. While there are others who have zipped right past "optimism" and are steaming towards "delirium".

Just the take from the guy who was mocked for calling the 2018 Ravens the class of the AFCN... a mantle we have a legit shot at taking in 2019... it's just not going to be easy.

We are loaded. Last year, the team I thought was loaded was the Rams, and they made it to the SB.

Biased? Sure.

Able to look at a roster and recognize talent? Definitely. 

Let's play the games.

Zombo

-- Oh, I guess we should draft first

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Wow ... I made two picks.

Zombo

I made 3 picks before I moved my office and then went on  vacation.  Just now, today, an hour ago I finally got my computer up and running again.   I will still beg off making any more picks because it is far too late to catch up...and all y'all are doing fine nevertheless.

And you never know....I may even do a Browns draft history trivia thread now that I can do things proper.

Who is in favor of that?

Hotel room is booked for the MNF game vs the jets. Check out GNATS event in the tailgate section. All are welcome.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

By the way....I see that the Stadium in Arizona has undergone a name change:  It is now State Farm Stadium.....formerly University of Phoenix Stadium. 

Damned corporate naming rights BS

As long as I had to dredge up this thread....is there any more comment about the schedule, or what road trips to games anyone may be thinking about?

Another comment on the stadium naming issue.   As I see it, only 5 or maybe 6 stadiums do not have corporate names:

Arrowhead Stadium Kansas City

Broncos Stadium at Mile High  Denver

Lambeau Field  Green Bay

Paul Brown Stadium  Cincinnati.

Soldier Field  Chicago

....and maybe   Ford Field in Detroit.....depends on whether the stadium is named for the family that owns them....or the auto Company

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

By the way....I see that the Stadium in Arizona has undergone a name change:  It is now State Farm Stadium.....formerly University of Phoenix Stadium. 

Damned corporate naming rights BS

As long as I had to dredge up this thread....is there any more comment about the schedule, or what road trips to games anyone may be thinking about?

I reluctantly have to say no to the MNF game against the Jets. Sandwiched between two drives up to Cleveland. Too far to drive (10 hours) and too expensive to fly. Plus the good friend I would have gone with can't make the trip due to family issues. Arizona is probable, but I'm going to have to do my own itinerary Gipper- other than the game, regardless whether the wife decides to go or not. At least one, and probably two friends that live in Arizona we will want to spend time with. Unfortunately, doing the walk-up of Humphreys Peak- knocking off another state high point- if the wife doesn't go is problematic, as it looks like there's already a lot of snow up top by that time of year.  . 

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

I reluctantly have to say no to the MNF game against the Jets. Sandwiched between two drives up to Cleveland. Too far to drive (10 hours) and too expensive to fly. Plus the good friend I would have gone with can't make the trip due to family issues. Arizona is probable, but I'm going to have to do my own itinerary Gipper- other than the game, regardless whether the wife decides to go or not. At least one, and probably two friends that live in Arizona we will want to spend time with. Unfortunately, doing the walk-up of Humphreys Peak- knocking off another state high point- if the wife doesn't go is problematic, as it looks like there's already a lot of snow up top by that time of year.  . 

OK, I may still consider  Phoenix in December.  I have some thing I want to "knock off" as well.  (but I ain't climbing mountains).  I have a friend that wants to go to AZ, but he has no interest in actually going to the game.  He only wants to watch them on TV, and I understand that.  I could end up going to AZ and not bother going to the game.  They want $300-400 a night for the hotels near the stadium.  And as you know from a couple of times we went to away games...I am not all that thrilled with the stadium experience myself.   The constant assault upon the senses is completely irritating to me. 

Also, I got this wedding and cruise coming up next summer, so my travel budget is going to be stretched with that.  Plus, between now and Dec. I have trips to NYC,  Lake Ozark Missouri, and Jackson Hole WY.  I  may not make a decision until late Oct.

• 1 month later...

Wife just came home with some fall scented candles.

'What does this one remind you of?'

'They all remind me of being really angry about a football game.

• Haha 2