THE BROWNS BOARD

Benjamin Netanyahu re-elected

Foreign aid to Israel is all military aid - to keep them in existence and defend against another middle east war. I'm great with it.chartoftheday_12370_us_foreign_aid_to_seay a middle east war. I'm proud we help them continue to exist.

Collectively, defense spending by all NATO members in 2017 came to $917 billion. That means the United States' spending represented 67 percent of the total. It is true that the United States spends more than any other NATO member — both in total cost and as a percentage of G.D.P.Jul 9, 2018

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Peter McPherson, a former administrator of the Agency for International Development, estimated that every billion dollars of aid to Israel creates 60,000 to 70,000 jobs in the United States.

The math on that has to be wrong. Those defense contractors would be making between 14k -16k a year if they were producing that many jobs in the US for every billion sent to Israel. I have my doubts that defense contractors are making less than a cashier at McD's. 

I think one of the points being missed here is the fact that we pay a huge amount of money for NATO to protect Western Europe at some of Eastern Europe from the Russians. I don't think there's much chance of the ruskies invading England in the near future. But Israel really is a tiny spot of Western Civilization surrounded by enemies.

WSS

Archived