THE BROWNS BOARD

Cut Browns Find New Home Thread

darren15

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Who knows? Not you. Not me. Until we are at least partially into the upcoming season nobody knows who won that bargain. If, like some pundits thank, obj turns out to be a punk then we have tossed a number one pick on the Fire. I'm glad Higgins is getting healthy I'm glad Calloway has another year of experience I'm glad Baker is better than Eli so it might not be a crushing blow if obj is a huge disappointment.

And of course I hope that he does but if he does not play at a pro bowl level we've traded a number one a decent choir for nothing.

WSS

Well, your post implied that SOMEONE is suggesting that it is the Giants that got the better of the two bargains (and, apparently that being the case, that will extrapolate into the Giants being the better team this coming season)......and all I ask is who those someone are....and what are their arguments for their position. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well, your post implied that SOMEONE is suggesting that it is the Giants that got the better of the two bargains (and, apparently that being the case, that will extrapolate into the Giants being the better team this coming season)......and all I ask is who those someone are....and what are their arguments for their position. 

You are just bickering for the sake of bickering.

If he has a pro bowl season we win so far he hasn't shown me anything so there.

WSS

Browns names you may remember, with new teams, some not..CB--Michael Jordan--TENN../ CB Denzel Rice & WR Da'Mari Scott--BUFFALO/ CB-Jeremiah McKinnon & LB-BJ Bello--PHILLY/ S-Simeon Thomas--SEATTLE/ WR CJ Board--JAGS/ DT Jeremy Faulk--CFL Sash. Roughriders..TE Devon Cajuste--Retired to dig crystals/ Now New Cuts--QB-Brogan Roback was a Steeler.Waived 5-13-19 FA// Matthew Dayes was a 49'er.Waived 5-6-19 FA// DT Zaycoven Henderson is still a FA..Question? What team did CB Howard Wilson go to? Houston? don't see him on anybodies roster.. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

You are just bickering for the sake of bickering.

If he has a pro bowl season we win so far he hasn't shown me anything so there.

WSS

No, I am just asking for the answer to the question you implied:

Who is stating that the Giants got the better end of these deals....and why do they claim that?   Was it Cowherd? or Someone else. And, again, what are his/their justification for their opinion?

OBJ may not have shown YOU anything, because I know you don't really watch the NFL other than the Browns.  But anyone that has watched him a bit knows what he is fully capable of:   being perhaps the best WR in the NFL. 

Sure....he has to now do it with the Browns....but it is still a fact that he is considered to be in that discussion:

See this  (ranking going into last year)

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-current-nfl-wide-receiver/ranker-sports

He is in the top 5....along with Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, and Antonio Brown.  They put him at #5, but just as easily I think could have been #1.

So, who gets the better bargain:  getting him....or getting the #17 draft pick and Jabril Peppers?

On 5/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, The Gipper said:

No, I am just asking for the answer to the question you implied:

Who is stating that the Giants got the better end of these deals....and why do they claim that?   Was it Cowherd? or Someone else. And, again, what are his/their justification for their opinion?

OBJ may not have shown YOU anything, because I know you don't really watch the NFL other than the Browns.  But anyone that has watched him a bit knows what he is fully capable of:   being perhaps the best WR in the NFL. 

Sure....he has to now do it with the Browns....but it is still a fact that he is considered to be in that discussion:

See this  (ranking going into last year)

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-current-nfl-wide-receiver/ranker-sports

He is in the top 5....along with Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, and Antonio Brown.  They put him at #5, but just as easily I think could have been #1.

So, who gets the better bargain:  getting him....or getting the #17 draft pick and Jabril Peppers?

I’m sure this is all Googleable if all you want to know is who made what argument. The internet is quite full of people and their opinions.  

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m sure this is all Googleable if all you want to know is who made what argument. The internet is quite full of people and their opinions.  

Well then, whomever made the assertion should do the googling and put the data that supported their assertion.

On 5/28/2019 at 1:39 PM, choco said:

in no reality, ever, anywhere, is the worth of a RG anywhere near a pass rusher.  

seriously...a right frickin guard

Not even the league's best RG vs. its worst Edge rusher???

C'mon man....

17 hours ago, choco said:

Vernon is the worst pass rusher?

Just meant positional value. We upgraded a significantly more important position. 

You gotta admit that you said "no reality, ever", which sounds like "every scenario". Tour wasn't referring to the case in hand. 

Also, that can be quite disputable anyway, with the importance that interior pass rush has gotten over edge rush lately, thus guards becoming more important than tackles in the eyes of many people. 

On 5/30/2019 at 11:09 AM, choco said:

If one has to go to an extreme to prove a point, the points not very good. 

Then why did you go there?

On 5/30/2019 at 2:21 PM, Nero said:

You gotta admit that you said "no reality, ever", which sounds like "every scenario". Tour wasn't referring to the case in hand. 

Also, that can be quite disputable anyway, with the importance that interior pass rush has gotten over edge rush lately, thus guards becoming more important than tackles in the eyes of many people. 

Hi Nero, just back from Spain. Pinchos, what a great idea! Those ham croquettes 😍

As for the cup final, less said the better 😢

apologies for going off topic 

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Hi Nero, just back from Spain. Pinchos, what a great idea! Those ham croquettes 😍

I will say it....my team (if I have a team)....that is, Liverpool  2  Tottenham  0. :P

Nice to hear from you.

6 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I thought of you when watching the outcome of the final!

Ham croquettes are a classic, you can have them almost anywhere in Spain. Where have you been to? 

Nice to see you ;)

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2019 at 5:58 PM, Nero said:

I thought of you when watching the outcome of the final!

Ham croquettes are a classic, you can have them almost anywhere in Spain. Where have you been to? 

Nice to see you ;)

Went to Alicante, Torrevieja and Madrid. 

Hoping for another holiday over there in September. 

On 6/5/2019 at 2:16 PM, The Gipper said:

I will say it....my team (if I have a team)....that is, Liverpool  2  Tottenham  0. :P

Nice to hear from you.

Haha Gip well I guess I better say congratulations 😔

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Went to Alicante, Torrevieja and Madrid. 

Hoping for another holiday over there in September. 

Sweet! If you are coming to Northern Spain, we could work something out  ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, The Gipper said:

What are the arguments that the Giants got better than the Browns did? 

Who got the better of the Zeitler/Vernon trade?

Who got the better of the OBJ/Peppers...first pick trade?  

Again, what are these arguments that the Giants got so much better?

first this https://sports.yahoo.com/someone-else-feels-disrespected-in-the-odell-beckham-jr-trade-jabrill-peppers-201140950.html                                                                                                          followed today by this https://nypost.com/2019/07/26/corey-coleman-tears-acl-in-giants-debacle/      

Yeah, it was a Gumby link- but by now, most Browns fans realize that our hugely under performing former first round WR Corey Coleman is out for the season with the Giants with a torn ACL. 

On 7/27/2019 at 12:58 AM, hoorta said:

Yeah, it was a Gumby link- but by now, most Browns fans realize that our hugely under performing former first round WR Corey Coleman is out for the season with the Giants with a torn ACL. 

NYG WRs are an endangered species....

Two injured and one suspended (pending appeal)...

• Haha 1

Seems like we did have some decent players over the past couple seasons that didn't seem to do well for us but did so at other teams. Belichoke seemed to love picking up our castaways but as of right now I like our team moving forward. I have not been this happy since the 2008 season and look how shitty that turned out. I really haven't been on here much since the passing of Stan, things just seem different knowing he is gone. I am sure I will be on here during games this season, all we can do is cheer them on and hope for the best. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Gettleman may not make it to the bye week at this rate,,,

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Maybe America's Got Talent has a surprise candidate or 2 or perhaps even Clevsies if he's got his frat boy beer muscles cap on...