Jump to content
darren15

Cut Browns Find New Home Thread

Recommended Posts

On 5/9/2019 at 7:33 PM, 7moses7 said:

Really?????? The guy made a lot of money last year, the problem was it didn’t match his output. 

since we didnt get deron lee id bring him back if he's game. He still had a good season last year...had like 70 or 80 solos and over 100 combined. Yeah not up to that contract but like i said...if he's willibg to come back reduced, absolutely. still total stud vet to teach mack and sione.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 12:38 PM, trophyhill said:

By that reasoning, maybe Hue should still be here then? I don't care if they "didn't quit".......they we're all a bunch of stiffs who would not have been starters on most other teams. To them I say don't let the door hit ya in the azz ;)

u know we let some good players go csuse of cap space right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

Just like we had to trust you with Hogan Heroes? Both are just 3rd stringers.

Poe was making a joke...imitating Hue Jackson.

I know, I know...Poe has been such a fan boy/buttcrack sniffer at time  that it may have been hard to actually discern....but trust me on this one...he was making a joke.

A good one too...in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Poe was making a joke...imitating Hue Jackson.

I know, I know...Poe has been such a fan boy/buttcrack sniffer at time  that it may have been hard to actually discern....but trust me on this one...he was making a joke.

A good one too...in my opinion.

The "Trust me on this" story about Hue is the one, and I mean ONE time Hue Jackson actually stood up for someone and took the blows for their decision. Hue Jackson didn't want Kessler, Kessler being drafted as high as he was a total analytics Sashi move. Hue for once (probably because he had just taken the job) stood up for others. 

There's a boatload of reasons to hate the Hue Jackson era as head coach, but blaming him for Cody Kessler shouldn't be one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 1:21 AM, hoorta said:

Yup. NFLN puts that sort of stuff on the crawl line. The other big names still out there looking for homes are Suh and Ansah.  Out of the Browns price range, and if they haven't been signed yet by some team I'd bet their asking prices are too high. Or in Ziggy's case, teams may have concerns about his injury history. 

I'd still like to take a look at Suh.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'd still like to take a look at Suh.

WSS

Fine then:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I'd still like to take a look at Suh.

WSS

He probably wants $10 million+ to get off his butt and play. My guess is he's waiting for an injury by a contender to sign a fat one year deal. I don't think we can afford him Steve.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Poe was making a joke...imitating Hue Jackson.

I know, I know...Poe has been such a fan boy/buttcrack sniffer at time  that it may have been hard to actually discern....but trust me on this one...he was making a joke.

A good one too...in my opinion.

I'm aware it was a joke. And I typically don't defend hue. But there is something about living in a glass house and throwing stones. Po can't really jest and make fun of swinging and missing on what hue thought was going to be a good NFL qb when he was swearing Hogan was going to be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I'm aware it was a joke. And I typically don't defend hue. But there is something about living in a glass house and throwing stones. Po can't really jest and make fun of swinging and missing on what hue thought was going to be a good NFL qb when he was swearing Hogan was going to be great. 

Well....sins of the past and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 4:48 PM, bjh2130 said:

I'm aware it was a joke. And I typically don't defend hue. But there is something about living in a glass house and throwing stones. Po can't really jest and make fun of swinging and missing on what hue thought was going to be a good NFL qb when he was swearing Hogan was going to be great. 

I said Derek Carr, they drafted JFF.

I said Kevin Hogan should be the guy over Kizer… was I wrong?

I said Baker Mayfield. Even during the season I said that should Hogan start, Mayfield may well be better than him and was all for drafting Baker.

I said Saquon, he was rookie of the year, but I digress.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I said Baker Mayfield. Even during the season I said that should Hogan start, Mayfield may well be better than him and was all for drafting Baker.

I said Saquon, he was rookie of the year, but I digress.

Sorry but you only get an either/or that year since they were drafted back to back.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I said Derek Carr, they drafted JFF.

I said Kevin Hogan should be the guy over Kizer… was I wrong?

I said Baker Mayfield. Even during the season I said that should Hogan start, Mayfield may well be better than him and was all for drafting Baker.

I said Saquon, he was rookie of the year, but I digress.

 

 

 

Now, now PO, let's put the brakes on a little here. You wanted to take Saquon with our #1 pick last year. Had that been done, we wouldn't have Baker now. Fact: Baker went #1 & Saquon #2, so I agree with Tex, you can't say you won with both. Besides, we got the better of that choice.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Now, now PO, let's put the brakes on a little here. You wanted to take Saquon with our #1 pick last year. Had that been done, we wouldn't have Baker now. Fact: Baker went #1 & Saquon #2, so I agree with Tex, you can't say you won with both. Besides, we got the better of that choice.

Mike

Yep. Po's batting average is improving, he wanted Honey Badger despite catching  a  lot of flak. Derek Carr too.  But he was all  over Trent Richardson who after his rookie year, massively  flamed out. That first round  pick we got  from the  Colts for TR turned into  Johnny  Football, and it's a  fair question who  was the bigger bust.

You ask any GM of a  qb needy team if they'd rather have Baker  or Saquon right now,  I think the  answer would be near unanimous for Baker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 11:45 AM, darren15 said:

Ricardo Louis gone to Dolphins 1 year deal

 Ricardo Louis was cleared from neck injury & picked up by Dolphins. R. Louis will be out again this season, blowing a knee at OTA's yesterday..Dolphins pick up Nate Orchard cut from Seattle.. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Looks like our boy Jaime Is a Pat again. 

yup...how much did he sign for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

yup...how much did he sign for?

Collins?  Not up on Sportrac or Over the Cap yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

yup...how much did he sign for?

To quote an old favorite song...."Don't know & I don't give a damn..."

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

yup...how much did he sign for?

Room and board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Room and board

About right Gip. NFLN saying one year cheap deal, may not make team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hoorta said:

About right Gip. NFLN saying one year cheap deal, may not make team. 

Well, he should be set for life if he was smart with his money. Maybe even own a boat and name it "Sashi".

Zombo

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zombo said:

Well, he should be set for life if he was smart with his money. Maybe even own a boat and name it "Sashi".

Zombo

The SS Sashi has a nice ring to it. Or at least a lotta alliteration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

at least a lotta alliteration. 

I see what you did there. Nice touch.😂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 8:52 PM, bjh2130 said:

Just like we had to trust you with Hogan Heroes? Both are just 3rd stringers.

They can always get jobs at Chippendales...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 5/11/2019 at 4:52 AM, Dutch Oven said:

The "Trust me on this" story about Hue is the one, and I mean ONE time Hue Jackson actually stood up for someone and took the blows for their decision. Hue Jackson didn't want Kessler, Kessler being drafted as high as he was a total analytics Sashi move. Hue for once (probably because he had just taken the job) stood up for others. 

There's a boatload of reasons to hate the Hue Jackson era as head coach, but blaming him for Cody Kessler shouldn't be one of them. 

Your account is entirely inconsistent with Hue's war-room reaction when the Kessler pick was announced.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 11:50 PM, PoeticG said:

I said Baker Mayfield. Even during the season I said that should Hogan start, Mayfield may well be better than him and was all for drafting Baker.

I said Saquon, he was rookie of the year, but I digress.

Which team improved more - the Giants or Browns? 

The FAN vote only rewarded the bigger market not the better impact.  That was as hard to predict as the sun shining in Florida during the summer.

The closest thing you're ever going to see to any human walking on water is a rookie QB taking over an 0-16 franchise in Cleveland and leading it to a 7-6 record in the games he played. 

Just 2-3 years ago, both conferences had an Offensive Rookie of the Year. Hunt was the AFC Offensive Rookie of the Year and Kamara was the NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year.  Just out of curiosity, what was the compelling need to stop doing that in 2018?  I guess we need to count our blessings that the idea of switching to a draft lottery didn't enter Roger Goodfella's head yet in 2017 and 2018...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Which team improved more - the Giants or Browns?

 

 

Unfortunately at this point in time that remains to be seen.

I'm going to hate eating Colin Cowherds ship if he's right.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Unfortunately at this point in time that remains to be seen.

I'm going to hate eating Colin Cowherds ship if he's right.

WSS

What are the arguments that the Giants got better than the Browns did? 

Who got the better of the Zeitler/Vernon trade?

Who got the better of the OBJ/Peppers...first pick trade?

Is Eli supposed to revert to Super Bowl MVP form? (does anyone believe that?)

Is Daniel Jones going to be the QB that only Dave Gettleman thinks he is going to be?  

Again, what are these arguments that the Giants got so much better?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Unfortunately at this point in time that remains to be seen.

I'm going to hate eating Colin Cowherds ship if he's right.

WSS

While true Steve - the context of that point was what team improved more the Giants or Browns in pertinence to Barkley vrs Mayfield for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Again, the VOTE process rewarded the bigger market not the better impact in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What are the arguments that the Giants got better than the Browns did? 

Who got the better of the Zeitler/Vernon trade?

Who got the better of the OBJ/Peppers...first pick trade?

Is Eli supposed to revert to Super Bowl MVP form? (does anyone believe that?)

Is Daniel Jones going to be the QB that only Dave Gettleman thinks he is going to be?  

Again, what are these arguments that the Giants got so much better?

Who knows? Not you. Not me. Until we are at least partially into the upcoming season nobody knows who won that bargain. If, like some pundits thank, obj turns out to be a punk then we have tossed a number one pick on the Fire. I'm glad Higgins is getting healthy I'm glad Calloway has another year of experience I'm glad Baker is better than Eli so it might not be a crushing blow if obj is a huge disappointment.

And of course I hope that he does but if he does not play at a pro bowl level we've traded a number one a decent choir for nothing.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×