THE BROWNS BOARD

Bernie

MLD Woody

For one thing I don't think people aren't going to college because they can't afford it. Anybody can qualify for a student loan and if they select a field of study that is useful to society that investment should pay off. If they get it for free and major in something stupid like art history or sociology they still aren't going to be any benefit to that same Society. Furthermore every American citizen is guaranteed a public education through the 12th grade under the tutelage of members of the teachers union who are held to higher standards than they need to be. And still we have lazy and stupid motherfukers laying on their ass watching TV.

I have no idea what an engineering degree from one of the best schools in America would cost, namely University of Michigan. But it would be my guest it would be a lot less than the yearly salary of an engineer, especially a few years out of school.

But there are a lot more degrees like theater. I actually use what I learned in my profession as an Entertainer but I would do just as well without it probably. And I've never put it on an application to any restaurant bar or other venue I've performed at. But let me be honest College was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it. If, like some deadbeats I know, the government would pay for me to go back to school and give me free housing utilities food and Medical Care it definitely I'd be back in a minute. And I guarantee you the institutions of Higher Learning that are cashing the government checks will be able to find some courses easy enough for me to pass.

But if a college diploma is free, like a high-school diploma , all of a sudden it's not a big selling point. You still have to be able to do something that many other people's can't or won't do.

WSS

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

For one thing I don't think people aren't going to college because they can't afford it. Anybody can qualify for a student loan

1) u need to look at what it costs to go to even an avg school like akron. People cant afford it end of discussion.

2) yes, anyone can quslify for a student loan...the banks have made sure ifvthat because student loans are the new rocket mortgage that takes off like it got shot off a carrier deck. Thats the problem. People dont want to go through student loans because its like 20 or more of financisl slavery unless tgey live like a monk and not have a family fir 15 years

The total tuition and living expense budget for in-state Ohio residents to go to University of Akron Main Campus is$26,086 for the 2017/2018 academic year. Out-of-state students who don't have Ohio residence can expect a one year cost of $34,617.

so why the hell would you bother going to college if you didn't expect to make 100K a year?

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I have no idea what an engineering degree from one of the best schools in America would cost, namely University of Michigan. But it would be my guest it would be a lot less than the yearly salary of an engineer, especially a few years out of school.

WSS

Oh Steve... Steve Steve Steve...

You sweet, simple man. 

That isn't even close to being correct. 

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh Steve... Steve Steve Steve...

You sweet, simple man. 

That isn't even close to being correct. 

So you are saying that Engineers from the U of M are not in very high demand? Hell kid you should have gone to Cleveland State then. 

Or apprenticed at Roto-Rooter. 

WSS

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Your were caught having no idea what you were talking about. And now you're trying to pivot to trolling. 

It's pretty sad

Those that aren't complete idiots on here I'm sure realize this. 

46 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Your were caught having no idea what you were talking about. And now you're trying to pivot to trolling. 

It's pretty sad

Those that aren't complete idiots on here I'm sure realize this. 

Sad indeed. I thought it was a much bigger deal. Sorry.

WSS

woodpecker rarely knows what he's pecking about - that has been going on for years.

I wouldn't have minded, but his stupid-ass insistence  that he is the only poster who should

be allowed censor opinions, then makes a complete ass of himself in doing it -

he ended up being the woodpecker.

Archived