Jump to content
darren15

Building The Browns

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hmmm! Keep an eye out for Jhavonte Dean, 6'2" CB with long arms now signed as an UDFA after rookie mini-camp.  Former #1 JUCO CB with 4.3 40 times. Has STs written all over him and maybe work his way in to CB play with that length and speed.

Maybe he can be our Nnamdi of the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're not watching this show, you're missing out!  It's awesome to have our own media production, and it's not some half-ass deal either.  They do a tremendous job and take you within the inner workings of the program.  I love it!  Youtube has so many cool things to watch...it's very easy to fall into a Youtube vortex and get lost for a couple hours.  hahaha

Speaking of good Youtube shows, if you guys haven't watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Cobra Kai", you are completely missing out.  I honestly thought the show would be a total joke, and I didn't give it a second thought, but when I saw that it basically had the highest review of any show ever on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I gave it a shot.  Man, what a show!  If you're a nostalgia guy like I am, this show is for you.  I mean, who didn't love the Karate Kid when they were young, right?  🙂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

  I mean, who didn't love the Karate Kid when they were young, right?  🙂

Switch on, switch off. LOL!🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Who got a tear in their eye when the alumni's were speaking, especially Jim Brown.. He can't have many seasons left in him, would love to see us win something,(AFC North, playoff game, Super bowl :) )  before he leaves us.

 

BobPound!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

Ok. Who got a tear in their eye when the alumni's were speaking, especially Jim Brown.. He can't have many seasons left in him, would love to see us win something,(AFC North, playoff game, Super bowl :) )  before he leaves us.

 

BobPound!

I'm  sure most of  us noticed when JB announced  Greedy at the  draft, he got the year  wrong. Hope  it's  not  early Alzheimers \ Dementia setting in.  :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

If you're not watching this show, you're missing out!  It's awesome to have our own media production, and it's not some half-ass deal either.  They do a tremendous job and take you within the inner workings of the program.  I love it!  Youtube has so many cool things to watch...it's very easy to fall into a Youtube vortex and get lost for a couple hours.  hahaha

Speaking of good Youtube shows, if you guys haven't watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Cobra Kai", you are completely missing out.  I honestly thought the show would be a total joke, and I didn't give it a second thought, but when I saw that it basically had the highest review of any show ever on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I gave it a shot.  Man, what a show!  If you're a nostalgia guy like I am, this show is for you.  I mean, who didn't love the Karate Kid when they were young, right?  🙂

I didn’t actually care for it much. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 2:44 PM, The Gipper said:

I didn’t actually care for it much. 

*gasp*

Oh well, I guess you can't always please everyone. Speaking of YouTube, I did the trial 90 days of their "YouTube Red" (access to all music, downloadable video rights, no ads ever, etc) and it's totally worth the measly $10 a month if you're a YouTube person, or if your kids are too. 

Ok, back on target. I think what I love the most about Building the Browns is we actually have several interesting players to follow, and I find myself wanting to know more about them as people. It really shines the "human light" on them. 

This is going to be the longest offseason ever, lol! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares....about the subject matter of this thread....lets fucking hijack it:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, I like this Gipper guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Episode:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, jiggins7919 said:

*gasp*

Oh well, I guess you can't always please everyone. Speaking of YouTube, I did the trial 90 days of their "YouTube Red" (access to all music, downloadable video rights, no ads ever, etc) and it's totally worth the measly $10 a month if you're a YouTube person, or if your kids are too. 

Ok, back on target. I think what I love the most about Building the Browns is we actually have several interesting players to follow, and I find myself wanting to know more about them as people. It really shines the "human light" on them. 

This is going to be the longest offseason ever, lol! 

That's where I've been watching it and I think it's kind of boring. But YouTube Red is a pretty good deal since you get Google Play Music along with it for your 10 bucks a month. (And yes streaming services do kind of suck for music but since Apple has screwed up the iPod so badly...)

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also go to Brave.com and download they're browser.. It's very secure.. Kills all pop ups.. And it blocks all web page advertisements and it even bloks the stupid adds and commercials on youtube....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nickers said:

You can also go to Brave.com and download they're browser.. It's very secure.. Kills all pop ups.. And it blocks all web page advertisements and it even bloks the stupid adds and commercials on youtube....

Of course now you're seeing "popup blocker detected". Some sites won't even let you on unless you turn yours off.  Probably the worst offender is The Weather Channel. Waaahhh, ads pay for our weather people, like they don't get plenty of ad revenue already from the Cable TWC?   I relented for a day, turned Adblock off, and was immediately getting hit with targeted ads, & that's sort of scary. Even took the time to see if I could disable some of the outfits that supply targeted advertising, and found out you can't turn all of them off. Blocker went right back on. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Of course now you're seeing "popup blocker detected". Some sites won't even let you on unless you turn yours off.  Probably the worst offender is The Weather Channel. Waaahhh, ads pay for our weather people, like they don't get plenty of ad revenue already from the Cable TWC?   I relented for a day, turned Adblock off, and was immediately getting hit with targeted ads, & that's sort of scary. Even took the time to see if I could disable some of the outfits that supply targeted advertising, and found out you can't turn all of them off. Blocker went right back on. 

Yes for example on the Brave browser.. It wont let me watch Rectrum TV without making some sort of donation.. well fuck that.. I already pay Rectum nearly $200.00 a month for the shitty service they provide.... They get enough from me.. So I use another browser for that.. I'm also gonna pare down my service from Rectum in the Fall.... Or I may just dump them entirely...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Donovan launches his New Youtube Show 

     Here's Episode 1.. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two excellent interviews with Coach Kitchens. I like what he said about defense being the heart of a championship team. He got that from Stallings at Bama who got it as a player and coach for Bear Bryant. For someone like myself who loves to watch great defenses operate to tear apart offenses, I love that attitude and belief in our HC.👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I like what he said about defense being the heart of a championship team. He got that from Stallings at Bama who got it as a player and coach for Bear Bryant. 

I get that it's Wilks defense.. a) Wilks gets his guy, Al Holcomb as Browns LB coach  b.) Browns agree to keep 14 year DB coach Dewayne Walker.But is it not odd? or c.) Did Freddie hire Wilks DL coach Tosh Lupoi from Bama before Saban got a chance to fire him or demote him as DC? (now being reported) Lupoi assistant DL coach is also a 1st year nfl assistant from Nebraska John Parrella..Seems like a youth coaching move, up front, moving on from former DL coach Clyde Simmons..i also read.. it was Gregg Williams shutting down Myles on rushing techniques..I wonder what Clyde Simmons thought? Simmons is the coach still looking for a job..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 10:53 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

OTAs

 

 

 

@ 9:20

 

Myles working with Chad Thomas on the finer points of how to hold his own playing his assingment.  Under (front) Closed (End. Usually strong side is closed) Left (side of the 3pt "closed" end)

This is veteran stuff from a young player and what you want from your locker room leaders.

 

edit:  This secondary can play.

 

Double edit: If you want an early impression on Greedy - check out 20:38.   His weight transfer from his dominant to non dominant side from the initial stance, while doing quite well at reading the release of Callaway.    At 20:39 if you freeze frame you'll see the "chair".    Weight distribution is even, shoulders ahead of himself, maybe just a hair too far back on his heels but he isn't overcommitting early and opening his hips in a way that would expose him back inside.  Then you see the flip, quick feet and (attempt) at a jab.     I like my DB's being more physical but the early returns on the technique look decent enough so far.      He has to remember he's taller than the average corner and quite a few receivers as well.  But he has to learn to not play so "high" on the receivers hip, if not completely out in front of him.   That hopefully will come in time.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am most excited from what am hearing from Coach Lupoli @11:04, speaking highly of our veteran defensive field leader Shelton Richardson..Seems they have found a good connection early, despite Tosh's lack of NFL experience.. I mean, when's the last time we have put two respected defensive tackles in a D-front in the AFCN?  https://brownsplainly.com/blog/2004/08/best-of-the-browns-defensive-tackles/    I'd have to go back to my kid days of Jerry Sherk in 70's & Michael Dean Perry in 1988.. And both were browns draftees taken in the 2nd Round.Maybe Golic & Johnson? Anywho, The Trenches up front with Pitt./Balt. are going to be wildly entertaining..       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

I'm posting this here because I refuse to make another thread about it.

Retrospective on Johnny - looks like it was published today with surprisingly good content.

It was pretty simple from the outset - he wasn't NFL talented.     This is/was nothing new.    Crouch, Tebow, Quinn, Weeden, etc etc.    All had the ability to work their offensive systems effectively at the collegiate level (Until they either faced Miami, Bama or tOSU)  but those short comings could not be masked at the pro level.

Anyone still shouting that Johnny had NFL talent probably wanted the pick and can't reconcile with the fact he just wasn't that good to begin with before you add in the partying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really liked the last episode get a little inside look  so as i enjoy this cloudy morning waiting for september to get here I will sip on my guinness  cheers all

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mandatory Mini-Camp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ Freddie "Stay OnSides"!!   .. I really hope, this is just the start of Freddie getting this team discipline from shooting their own foot weekly..Folks, we finished a) tied for 28th in holding calls with 30. led by Greg Robinson with 10 called.Dez Harrison close behind..b)tied for 25th, in Defensive Holding.Led by TJ Carrie,5 defensive holds with 4 DPi's..c)Offsides==Myles Garrett, 10 were pre-snap (4 were legal at center snap :P)..d) ranked 30th, in Ill. Blocks above the waist.(mostly WR/TE).d) Tied for 31st, in Illegal Shifts 🛑..We are notoriously bad, in the 1st 5 weeks of the NFL schedule, by giving up 8 to 11 penalties per Game...that has to change.. starting with training camp practices lead by the coaches..     Edit--in 2018, the Browns were deadlast in team tackling with a grade of 34.7 per pff. Collectively missing a whopping 194 tackles in the regular season--23 more than the next closest team...<<fix this too   

     

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd almost bet, Oh buddy boy Baker Mayfield 🧔..Woke up feeling dangerous on this Day..Bake & Emily walk the wedding aisle to marriage in Malibu,California today...In a slow football News period, it's the best i could do..🧔👰..Maybe some photos & news at 11PM..And Cheers & Congrats!🍾 to the new Mayfield's.. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BUMP: New episode.  :)  

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 1:44 PM, ATOM said:

really liked the last episode get a little inside look  so as i enjoy this cloudy morning waiting for september to get here I will sip on my guinness  cheers all

It was really good! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 8:57 AM, jiggins7919 said:

If you're not watching this show, you're missing out!  It's awesome to have our own media production, and it's not some half-ass deal either.  They do a tremendous job and take you within the inner workings of the program.  I love it!  Youtube has so many cool things to watch...it's very easy to fall into a Youtube vortex and get lost for a couple hours.  hahaha

Speaking of good Youtube shows, if you guys haven't watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Cobra Kai", you are completely missing out.  I honestly thought the show would be a total joke, and I didn't give it a second thought, but when I saw that it basically had the highest review of any show ever on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I gave it a shot.  Man, what a show!  If you're a nostalgia guy like I am, this show is for you.  I mean, who didn't love the Karate Kid when they were young, right?  🙂

I didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×