THE BROWNS BOARD

The Pick At 49

darren15

You have 1 go to predict the pick ....I will start

Browns trade Duke Johnson for Rasul Douglas on day 1 of the draft allowing us to take

Jeffery Simmons DT Miss State

I think Dorsey will grab an offensive lineman but it's a pretty weak class. That's the only position we didn't spend big on this offseason. My board would look something like this but there is no telling who falls to us. Maybe Bosa punches a Nun with down syndrome and falls to us.

1. J. Simmons DT

2. N. Adderly S/CB

3. J. Tillery DT

4. J. Abrams SS

5. G. Pratt LB

6. G. Bradbury  OC

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

A defensive player from TTUN.

Nonstop Woody vs the World hilarity ensues... again. 😝 

in a perfect world the NFL gets all worried about Bush being a little short, he falls, and we trade back up to snag him. Top player at a position of need.

that said, Winovich would be a great consolation prize ;)

the universe owes this to me!

• Haha 1

I can see a CB as well, but there are a lot from which to choose in that mid-2nd area...

For grins I inserted their PFF grades in parentheses besides their DraftScout Round projection.

Just shows to go ya that opinions vary...

DS Rank
 Player Name  College Projected Height Weight 40 Time Range Hometown, State High School
 *Greedy Williams  same.gif  LSU 1 (80.5) 6-2 182 4.33 - 4.46 Shreveport,LA Calvary Baptist Academy
 *Byron Murphy  same.gif  Washington 1 (92.0) 5-11 189 4.46 - 4.60 Scottsdale,AZ Saguaro
 DeAndre Baker  same.gif  Georgia 1 (89.4) 5-11 190 4.44 - 4.59 Miami,FL Northwestern
 *Trayvon Mullen  same.gif  Clemson 2 (78.0) 6-2 195 4.38 - 4.54 Fort Lauderdale,,FL Coconut Creek
 Amani Oruwariye  same.gif  Penn State 2 (79.1) 6-2 205 4.42 - 4.56 Tampa,FL Gaither
 Rock Ya-Sin  same.gif  Temple 2 (87.5) 6-0 192 4.45 - 4.59 Decatur,GA Southwest Dekalb
 Lonnie Johnson Jr.  same.gif  Kentucky 2 (72.6) 6-2 210 4.40 - 4.58 Gary,IN Gary West Side
 *JoeJuan Williams  same.gif  Vanderbilt 2-3 (81.0) 6-4 211 4.55 - 4.68 Nashville,TN Father Ryan/Hendersonville
 *Julian Love  same.gif  Notre Dame 2-3 (90.4) 5-11 195 4.45 - 4.59 Westchester,IL Nazareth
 Isaiah Johnson  up.gif  Houston 2-3 (70.7) 6-2 205 4.30 - 4.47 Bryan,TX Rudder
 *Justin Layne  same.gif  Michigan State 3 (87.1) 6-2 192 4.42 - 4.58 Cleveland,OH Benedictine
 *Kendall Sheffield  injury.gif  Ohio State 3 (???) 5-11 193 4.26 - 4.46 Missouri City,TX Thurgood Marshall
 *Sean Bunting  up.gif  Central Michigan 3-4 (75.4) 6-0 195 4.35 - 4.49 Clinton Township,MI Chippewa Valley
 *Saivion Smith  same.gif  Alabama 4 (78.4) 6-1 203 4.50 - 4.78 Tampa,FL IMG Academy
 *Jamel Dean  up.gif  Auburn 4 (80.8) 6-1 206 4.24 - 4.38 Cocoa,FL Cocoa

Sent my Creed cd to Browns Headquarters attention to The Dorse..it's not been returned;)

Combining the "so called" needs, to future Contract outlooks 👀.. Where does a high draft pick selection have a chance to start at any position? starts with BPA,imo..Tier 1--1)OT 2)LB 3)CB..Tier 2--Depth at DT & both Safeties. Kirksey & Hubbard both have manageable cap hits of M 2.4 after this season. Tretter M 1.5. G.Robinson is on a 1 year deal.. I have no clear picture of the Corbett, maybe Dorsey does?..Both D. Randall & Schobert could chase big dollars after next season..This maybe the season to draft a true Tackle at some point, imo..not so much next draft with this depth class.. Without planning on giving up our 1st rounder next season? Pick 33 on down, is doable..4-5 quality draftees fit this roster now..Get some! In Dorsey we trust.. checking out the team visits? I may have a true target by the 20th.. 

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

in a perfect world the NFL gets all worried about Bush being a little short, he falls, and we trade back up to snag him. Top player at a position of need.

that said, Winovich would be a great consolation prize ;)

the universe owes this to me!

Hilariously enough, I value chase lower than I did Peppers (who I was cool with 2nd round-ish)

At 49??? No thanks...

Really strong against the run... especially for his size, but he's never going to a pressure guy vs. the pass. Nice burst, but short with short arms will have NFL OTs eating him up if he's on the LOS.

Now as a roving OLB? Maybe, but his coverage makes him a liability to drop back.

• Upvote 1

He definitely has to fight that "try hard, but not athletic white guy" stereotype. 

and he'll do whatever he can to play though injury, and I imagine he won't be sitting out for any amount of time...

But with how loaded the DL class is, he'll fall. 

24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Now as a roving OLB? Maybe, but his coverage makes him a liability to drop back. 

IN summary... I can see him as a 3-4 OLB used ala Clay Jr. in GB, but he's not a scheme fit for us... and he's not elite enough to change schemes to accommodate him.

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

At 49??? No thanks...

Really strong against the run... especially for his size, but he's never going to a pressure guy vs. the pass. Nice burst, but short with short arms will have NFL OTs eating him up if he's on the LOS.

I was just going to ask what position he would play in the 4-3, since it seems like he's a bit of a tweener in it. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was just going to ask what position he would play in the 4-3, since it seems like he's a bit of a tweener in it. 

Holy simul-post, Batman!

I was just explaining my take a bit more in the post above yours...

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

IN summary... I can see him as a 3-4 OLB used ala Clay Jr. in GB, but he's not a scheme fit for us... and he's not elite enough to change schemes to accommodate him.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JimmyDawg32 said:

Dorsey makes a draft day trade as follows:  Browns trade 2nd round pick (49) a 5th round pick (155) and Duke Johnson to Philly for their 1st round pick (26) and Rasual Douglas.

Browns draft one of the three:  CB Greedy Williams, DT Jeffrey Simmons or best OL available.

I could certainly see a trade, but this one makes little sense for PHI. They just got Jordan Howard, and have other backs for a committee.

I like Duke, but I don't think he is worth that much in a trade. 

I think there will be someone wherever the Browns draft that can help them, I'm guessing it's a defender 

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I can see a CB as well, but there are a lot from which to choose in that mid-2nd area...

For grins I inserted their PFF grades in parentheses besides their DraftScout Round projection.

Just shows to go ya that opinions vary...

I'll go with Lonnie Johnson jr.  ... big body across from Ward.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I'll go with Lonnie Johnson jr.  ... big body across from Ward.

Not a bad choice, but if we are going to ignore PFF's grades then let's go with another U of H kid... Isaiah Johnson. Same height as Lonnie, but faster and crushed the 3-cone with a 6.81 vs. Lonnie's 7.01.

Lonnie's only edge is 1.5" more vertical...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Isaiah Johnson. Same height as Lonnie, but faster

You can't teach speed. - He's fast.

...quite a crap-shoot trying to determine who pick #49 will be...and I wouldn't be surprised to see us move around in the second round.

(No 1st round pick for us...but we have one of the best receivers in the game to place along side of Landry, Njoku & Calllaway/Higgins/Willies.....so far we're having a great draft)

2 hours ago, Orion said:

...quite a crap-shoot trying to determine who pick #49 will be

Yup... it gets harder and harder every round after the 1st...

... and collectively we pretty well suck at nailing the 1st rounders, so...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I could certainly see a trade, but this one makes little sense for PHI. They just got Jordan Howard, and have other backs for a committee.

I like Duke, but I don't think he is worth that much in a trade. 

I think there will be someone wherever the Browns draft that can help them, I'm guessing it's a defender 

Even with the Jets adding L.Bell, it's still being reported that 3 teams including the Jets have interest in Duke. Reported also is we have interest in Jets Darron Lee's coverage skills at LB..The Browns own pick 3.16 in 3rd..The Jets have no 2nd rounder, but own two 3rd rounders of 3.4 & 3.29..Am wondering if the Lee/Duke deal gets done with us flipping Jets picks in 3rd & not sure which way it flips?