THE BROWNS BOARD

Are you guys ready for disappointment?

LBC mike

Sorry long time fan.  What will happen, God forbid Baker has an injury.  IBJ becomes a bitch for not getting enough touches.  Kitchens not able to control the locker room.

We have talent like no other.  I am excited.  I have been once bitten once shy to be placing my life savings and home on the line.  I would never do a thing.

Do you guys have these thoughts?

I love the browns. 

1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

Sorry long time fan.  What will happen, God forbid Baker has an injury.  IBJ becomes a bitch for not getting enough touches.  Kitchens not able to control the locker room.

We have talent like no other.  I am excited.  I have been once bitten once shy to be placing my life savings and home on the line.  I would never do a thing.

I hear ya, but by and large I've gotten past your "fear points", so let me see if I can help you...

Baker - sure any player at any time can be injured... happens all the time, but Baker showed us that he plays smart, can take a hit, e.g., the"slide", can play thru "nicks", e.g., the ankle tweaked by the sideline chain. So assuming he shows up in shape after a good off-season program, then I really don't fear him being injured... I just don't.

OBJ - he's going to be a distraction at some point. I am resigned to this, but I think he will work thru it with Landry and Baker. Hell... Baker and OBJ already share a beard. I suspect at some point Baker will go blonde to boot.

Kitch - while I think he's a "players coach" I do not get the sense that he's a doormat, which players' coaches often are. Plus he has HC experience on his staff in the form of Wilks... and he has Dorsey, who I think is as active in the room as any GM in the league.

The Locker room - winning will make its care and feeding easy, but I suspect there will be a stretch of losses at some point that will strain the atmosphere. IF dealt with internally, e.g., players only meeting, etc., then the test can be a positive by establishing leadership. Baker will answer that call... as will Landry. D-side? TBD, but there are candidates at each level.

There ya go...

One last help... Don't expect the world on a platter in 2019. We have a good bit of gelling and growing to do. So expect a salad plate....

yes, this thought has crossed my mind msny times. Thats why im wanting clev to bring in a mccown like vet, hell maybe even mccown himself if he aint retired. Some guy who still has enough juice in his arm to throw over the top but smart enough to manage the game and let chubb and hunt control the clock.

would the offense be as dynamic with a guy like that? no ofc not. But even a "game manager" should be able to put up 20 or more pts a game with this offense. Hell even JF would look amazing under center now so long as he got up in time to mske the team bus. 

so who's out there that fits that role?

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

so who's out there that fits that role?

Occurred to me last nite that should the unthinkable happen and Baker was lost for the season, then Dorsey would make a move... and I don't mean bring a McCown out of his BarcaLounger...

Who?

Depends a lot on timing, but a rehabbed Alex Smith occurs to me. Other possibles include any former starter now in a back up role somewhere. So that means a Bortles or a Tannehill or Teddy B... even the return of Tyrod... seeing what we can as of now.

Others might become available due to the draft. One example would be if reality follows our own mock and TB drafts a QB high who displaces Jameis Winston... then Jameis WInston.

Wouldn't be cheap, but if there's a season to salvage, then I think it's safe to say Dorsey would deal to salvage it.

26 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

OBJ already went through a much worse situation in NY

This.  How, exactly, is it remotely a thing in anyone's brain to assert OBJ is "going to be a problem" in Cleveland when he was an All-Pro with a QB who at his best is slightly above league average?  Eli Manning had exactly one trait: Longevity. Eli's career is most similar to Mark Brunell.  Eli won't be in the hall of fame, while OBJ actually has a chance to do such a thing with good QB play.

Instead of saying "are you ready for disappointment" the title of this thread should be "Are you ready for an OBJ to both be open due to other weapons and have a QB capable of getting him the ball for the first time in his career?"

Sure, they'll be disappointments. They'll probably blow a game or 2 they shouldn't, but probably will steal a game or 2 as well.

We all want the SB, but hey, sometimes baby steps need to happen. As long as one of the disappointments isn't losing a home playoff game, I'll take whatever they give us. 

We have a right to be optimistic. Hasn't happened around here in eons. Enjoy the ride and remember, it's still a very young team.

20 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I love the browns. 

please sacrifice a chicken under the full moon soon to undo this curse you have bestowed on us !!!!! LOL 

Archived