THE BROWNS BOARD

I Know A Lot About Wind

MLD Woody

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" wind farms killed approximately seven thousand birds in the United States in 2006 but nuclear plants killed about 327,000 and fossil-fuelled power plants 14.5 million.

In other words, for every one bird killed by a wind turbine, nuclear and fossil fuel powered plants killed 2,118 birds."

Trump is not completely without point, but as usual he takes a snippet of truth and blows it up 1000x into a steaming pile of horseshit. Cause he is as I've been saying from the beginning, incapable of properly conveying concepts and ideas. He's an infant

Sep 18, 2015 - A French dairy farmer is being forced to sell his cows and will grow crops ... Wind turbines have been blamed for killing large numbers of wild ...

Dairy cattle getting Wind Turbine Syndrome? Stray voltage? (Japan)

Jan 25, 2010 - Sixteen 2000 kW wind turbines. (c) Farmer C (100m from cow barn to a turbine). In 2009, there was a sudden death among his cattle, plus two ...

Wind turbines killing more than just local birds -- ScienceDaily

Sep 29, 2016 - Wind turbines are known to kill large birds, such as golden eagles, that live nearby. Now there is evidence that birds from up to hundreds of ...

6 common complaints against Iowa wind turbines

Apr 21, 2017 - Here are some of the common complaints against wind turbines: ... Iowa cattle producer Mason Fleenor, many people see wind turbines as an ... noted the utility doesn't build turbines in eastern Iowa to prevent killing eagles ...

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

" wind farms killed approximately seven thousand birds in the United States in 2006 but nuclear plants killed about 327,000 and fossil-fuelled power plants 14.5 million.

In other words, for every one bird killed by a wind turbine, nuclear and fossil fuel powered plants killed 2,118 birds."

Trump is not completely without point, but as usual he takes a snippet of truth and blows it up 1000x into a steaming pile of horseshit. Cause he is as I've been saying from the beginning, incapable of properly conveying concepts and ideas. He's an infant

Image result for trump giving the finger gif

I wish there could be an honest conversation about energy options that isn't filled with hyperbolic horse shit to try and scare people. But no politician or pundit is going to do it. Too much money on the line for them to say "well hey it will cost a lot of money to switch to (insert energy type) but maybe we can slowly transition to a mixed model of several options".

8 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I wish there could be an honest conversation about energy options that isn't filled with hyperbolic horse shit to try and scare people. But no politician or pundit is going to do it. Too much money on the line for them to say "well hey it will cost a lot of money to switch to (insert energy type) but maybe we can slowly transition to a mixed model of several options".

And there most certainly is. Just not among those who see Politics as their number one goal. Between the man-made global warming does not exist group and the we are all going to die group there are the business people figuring out how to make a profit from wind Sun water nuclear whatever the hell it is. 

All those technologies will slowly become more feasible. Probably in a few decades all this shit will have been forgotten.

WSS

53 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And there most certainly is. Just not among those who see Politics as their number one goal. Between the man-made global warming does not exist group and the we are all going to die group there are the business people figuring out how to make a profit from wind Sun water nuclear whatever the hell it is. 

All those technologies will slowly become more feasible. Probably in a few decades all this shit will have been forgotten.

WSS

It would be great if we could head that direction without destructive influence from special interest groups. Additionally, there is a very legitimate case for the government subsidizing these renewable energies to speed up progress. 

12 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

And for the most part I'd agree.  But actions, not words are what matters, and you guys seem to be so hung up on critiquing his delivery and admonishing him for his exaggerations.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

It would be great if we could head that direction without destructive influence from special interest groups. Additionally, there is a very legitimate case for the government subsidizing these renewable energies to speed up progress. 

like your honey did with Solyndra.

nope.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well at least his father was born in Germany..............................oh wait..........................NYC is in Germany.........that's a lie too? 🤴👺 at it again as usual 💩.

Well his grandfather was. Close enough.

At least Trump unlike his predecessor knows that "Austrian" isn't a language. That Austrians speak German.

To refresh your memoryhttps://www.redstate.com/diary/Josh_Painter/2009/04/05/obama-thinks-austrian-is-a-language/

...eh, on second thought I doubt Trump knows that Austrian isn't a language either...lol

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I believe most Americans wish the same - everything is so polarized - but I blame the radical left for the most part. Abusing any principle, and any goal, over furthering their power in every arena.

You can't have a "red flag law" without leaving the door open (on purpose) to abuse by others with a grudge - can't get everybody on the same page over working on alternative energy because the left demands taxes, fines, fees and hate moves towards coal and oil out of political spite - way, way before the alternatives are valid.

Development of science/technology takes time - and the left wants the poltiical advantage so they go after the status quo in some kind of rage. It's garbage, that rage and self-interest.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Well his grandfather was. Close enough.

At least Trump unlike his predecessor knows that "Austrian" isn't a language. That Austrians speak German.

To refresh your memoryhttps://www.redstate.com/diary/Josh_Painter/2009/04/05/obama-thinks-austrian-is-a-language/

...eh, on second thought I doubt Trump knows that Austrian isn't a language either...lol

I doubt CJ knows knows the different between Australia and Austria. He sure a hell can't find Austria on a map. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I believe most Americans wish the same - everything is so polarized - but I blame the radical left for the most part. Abusing any principle, and any goal, over furthering their power in every arena.

You can't have a "red flag law" without leaving the door open (on purpose) to abuse by others with a grudge - can't get everybody on the same page over working on alternative energy because the left demands taxes, fines, fees and hate moves towards coal and oil out of political spite - way, way before the alternatives are valid.

Development of science/technology takes time - and the left wants the poltiical advantage so they go after the status quo in some kind of rage. It's garbage, that rage and self-interest.

I live in coal country so I get swamped with the other side of that. If someone even remotely suggests that coal isn't sustainable, you are facing pitchforks. We have the Bluestone Dam that when they were doing work for it they could have added hydro electric turbines to power the local communities. State politicians threw a mega fit because they thought it might make people think that you can power things without coal. The feds were going to fund the whole thing. Got shot down by WV state reps. 

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

And for the most part I'd agree.  But actions, not words are what matters, and you guys seem to be so hung up on critiquing his delivery and admonishing him for his exaggerations.

He said if the wind stops your tv goes out...

That's not delivery. It's not really an exaggeration. It's just blatantly false haha

http://www.powerworldanalysis.com/advantages-disadvantages-wind-energy/Disadvantages of Wind Energy

Fluctuation of Wind and Good wind sites:– Wind energy has a drawback that it is not a constant energy source. Although wind energy is sustainable and will never run out, the wind isn’t always blowing. This can cause serious problems for wind turbine developers who will often spend significant time and money investigating whether or not a particular site is suitable for the generation of wind power. For a wind turbine to be efficient, the location where it is built needs to have an adequate supply of wind energy.

Noise and aesthetic pollution:– Wind turbines generate noise and visual pollution. A single wind turbine can be heard from hundreds of meters away. Although steps are often taken to site wind turbines away from dwellings. Many people like the look of wind turbines, others do not and see them as a blot on the landscape.

Not a profitable use of land:– Alternative uses for the land might be more highly valued than electricity generation.

Threat to wildlife:– Birds have been killed by flying into spinning turbine blades. However it is believed that wind turbines pose less of a threat to wildlife than other man made structures such as cell phone masts and radio towers. Most of the problems have been resolved or greatly reduced through technological development or by properly siting wind plants.

37 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

He said if the wind stops your tv goes out...

That's not delivery. It's not really an exaggeration. It's just blatantly false haha

if you live off grid, and your source is a windmill, yes, it's true. you run out of electricity and your tv quits.

idiot.

37 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

if you live off grid, and your source is a windmill, yes, it's true. you run out of electricity and your tv quits.

idiot.

We're not talking about u prepper kunts with ur backyard holes in the ground u think are gonna let u ride out the apocalypse. This is a modern energy grid that an take in electricity from multiple sources and STORE IT u rubbish wanker. Wind is just one source and it diesnt have to windy all the time for it to make an impact. 

Archived