THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm in the hospital again, 9th time since 2015, geeezzzz.

mjp28

On 5/24/2019 at 9:47 PM, mjp28 said:

^^^^^^^ yeah the nurses all dress like that here.    :lol:

You know why God invented the penis?

So you have something to hold on when nursy gives the sponge bath.🙏😝

• Sad 1

Just saw the doctor on 6/5 everything is going well should be out in 2 or 3 weeks..... maybe mid-June.

Day 65 and counting......... 

On 6/6/2019 at 9:38 AM, mjp28 said:

Just saw the doctor on 6/5 everything is going well should be out in 2 or 3 weeks..... maybe mid-June.

You need to buy stock in pharmaceuticals and rent out the couch next to the bed. Jessszzz!😲

41 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You need to buy stock in pharmaceuticals and rent out the couch next to the bed. Jessszzz!😲

No kidding the last 3 weeks on just one antibiotic a day ran over $17,000. And Ideas on 3 a day for more than one month before.

Wife opened the first hospital EOB and it was $99,000+ and many more to come. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

No kidding the last 3 weeks on just one antibiotic a day ran over $17,000. And Ideas on 3 a day for more than one month before.

Wife opened the first hospital EOB and it was $99,000+ and many more to come. 

WTF is wrong with you?  

And I mean that in the most sympathetic way.

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

WTF is wrong with you?  

And I mean that in the most sympathetic way.

Until I was about 64 I was in great overall shape until I got a tiny open wound, no big deal but it decided to tunnel inward toward my femur about 4-5" not good.  Infections and the antibiotics they use can potentially kill you quick.... even with professional athletes 

I've done very well all things considered but the rehab can be like boot camp.

Even still for 68  I'm in good shape....... several doctors are amazed for how bad it got. 

........... Oh for example take a ruler and picture shoving it r-5" deep in your hip with some nasty bacteria aimed at a big bone.  If the antibiotics do not work only surgery is next to cut it out or you're a dead duck.    :o

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Until I was about 64 I was in great overall shape until I got a tiny open wound, no big deal but it decided to tunnel inward toward my femur about 4-5" not good.  Infections and the antibiotics they use can potentially kill you quick.... even with professional athletes 

I've done very well all things considered but the rehab can be like boot camp.

Even still for 68  I'm in good shape....... several doctors are amazed for how bad it got. 

........... Oh for example take a ruler and picture shoving it r-5" deep in your hip with some nasty bacteria aimed at a big bone.  If the antibiotics do not work only surgery is next to cut it out or you're a dead duck.    :o

Didn't you say you had been an an accident and were paralyzed from the waist down?  I seem to remember that from many moons ago.

22 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Didn't you say you had been an an accident and were paralyzed from the waist down?  I seem to remember that from many moons ago.

1987 I was completely independent and retired after that until this stuff hit in 2015.

My wife worked until 2017 and officially retired in 2018.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 10:38 AM, mjp28 said:

Well 6/26' about day 76 and counting mid-June turned into late June or early July to finish up the infection treatment and the doctors are being cautious about letting me go.

I'm learning a whole lot more about modern wound care and medical protocols.......and Medicare and insurance procedures and billing. This is going to be a Whopper!

On 6/26/2019 at 10:01 PM, mjp28 said:

Well 6/26' about day 76 and counting mid-June turned into late June or early July to finish up the infection treatment and the doctors are being cautious about letting me go.

I'm learning a whole lot more about modern wound care and medical protocols.......and Medicare and insurance procedures and billing. This is going to be a Whopper!

Sounds like you should have moved to England. Holy cow!

On 6/29/2019 at 8:19 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Sounds like you should have moved to England. Holy cow!

UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE!  I wonder if that will ever come true in he good ol' USA? Well it's the 24/7 political season so argue on.

Oh exactly how would we pay for it now that we're $22,000,000,000,000 plus in debt? ..........ooooops looks like a political chat forum topic.  :blush:

• Haha 1

Oh well.........

Well I've never been to Spain
But I kinda like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it
They don't abuse it
Never gonna loose it
I can't refuse it

Well, I've never been to england
But I kind of like the Beatles
So I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to needles
Can you feel it
Must be weary
Oh so good... oh feel so good

Well I've never been to heaven
But I've been in Oklahoma
Well, they tell me I was born there
But I really don't remember
In Oklahoma or Arizona
What does it matter
What does it matter

One more time! Well I've never been to......

8 hours ago, LBC mike said:

are you doing better now??  holy shit man.

In short about 13 days in the hospital for a small operation then 40 days in a specialty hospital for intensive IV treatment when that was over on May 22 into a rehab facility to get over from the first two about 44 days now and almost finished about 96 days total........ doing well.

Make sure if you know anyone who has Medicare that they have a good Medigap policy with the F coverage this can get REALLY EXPENSIVE!!

Medicare alone only pays for 20 days of rehab IF you qualify after a 3+ day hospital stay days 21-100 are on you for $167.50/day or about $12,160 out of your pocket. Days 101 on are all your responsibility!

After 60 plus days out of everything you can requalify again for the 100 days.....got it? I've seen people get kicked out of here because they could not pay!!

Oh BTW my Medigap F plan covers all Medicare HOSPITAL A and B coverage plus an additional 365 days. It also pays for the day 21-100 out of pocket costs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm almost home now 5 doctor appointments scheduled before I leave and two after that, how dreary.:(.   But had a new cute blonde  nurse yesterday named Heidi so I'm getting by....... wonder if she's back tonight? :lol:

Oh the wife and I generally get a nice carry out meal after doctor appointments....... maybe Mexican or Chinese tonight?

CARRY ON! GO TRIBE!

Edited by mjp28

7 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Unfortunately some of those places will keep you to the max even if you don't need it to collect the dollars.

I often wondered about that, I can see the incentive to do that ~but~ they do have to meet the weekly Medicare progress criteria to continue to get paid from Medicare......I'm there now on my PT and OT and have to stay qualified on my wound progress to stay here. I'm going through all of the doctor's follow-ups now on that.

I do have an important appointment on July 18 on that my last appointment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As of this morning my last full day here will be Wednesday 7/10 home Thursday 7/11 afternoon.

it's been a long haul this time all of April, May, June and part of July....... about 100 days!  Whew!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As of this morning my last full day here will be Wednesday 7/10 home Thursday 7/11 afternoon.

it's been a long haul this time all of April, May, June and part of July....... about 100 days!  Whew!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of my own free will (😁) I pray God will bless you with a permanent stay at home this time around. What an ordeal!

Just got home about 1:30 pm some of my doctors are checking me off as OK and on PRN status and do not need any follow up visits.

Next week I pick up my new Rx reading and Ray-Ban sunglasses.

Seems so strange but so nice being home!  :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...