THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm in the hospital again, 9th time since 2015, geeezzzz.

mjp28

I'm in the hospital again, 9th time since 2015, geeezzzz.

Well, briefly, I've been battling an infected hip wound since 2014 which turned inward and tunneled about 5 to 6 inches deelp not very wide at all but near the femur....not good.

SO I'm on IVs again and hope to be out before the Fiinal 4 or 2 but we'll sse...... later, mjp.

Oh, my gosh. God Bless. Hang in there, man - hope you get over all that soon. You certainly have learned patience. Maybe He is getting you ready to write a best-selling book. LOL

May you always have the prettiest, most wonderful nursing staff and doctors. Maybe you'll need a new hip?

OK just got some preliminary information. I've been in one tough week so far. In Tuesday, surgery Wednesday to cut out any absess near hip. Now rest and recovery.

Well 2014 got wound, 2015 got really sick pneumonia and kidney infection lost 63 pounds, 2017 sick again got osteomylitis (infection) of top of left femur July to Sept......just found out it is back. At least 6 more weeks of IV antibiotics (+/-). It should get easier

Probably a few more days in the hospital then a month plus at a rehab less than a mile from my house should be home in May......been through this before.

Even though my wife is a retired nurse with ~42 years experience my insurances will NOT pay for this at home. Thank goodness for my tablet and Wi-Fi.  :lol:

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Hopefully the food is decent.

Well for a hospital it's ok......but it's not like our GAMEDAY food here!  :lol:

• Haha 2

Get well soon my friend. What a roller coaster you've been on for a long time now. You're lucky you didn't die in 2015 from the pneumonia and kidney infection. I had pneumonia once that did not respond to original anti-biotic, so they put me in the hospital on IV Orithromycin when I told them if they didn't I would likely be dead the next day. That was after a week of 103-104 fever and sleeping sitting up while coming up choking/coughing with dreams of drowning there was so much fluid in the lungs. I told my wife that I now had a pretty good idea what the end of life will be like. That's as close as I want to ever get until then. Sounds like you've been through a whole lot worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update -  been in two hospitals over 3 weeks of tests, xrays, ct scans and  TONS of IVs.

Now in #3 for about 5 weeks about 1 mile from my house......I'M BEAT!  Will email later!

48 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Quick update -  been in two hospitals over 3 weeks of tests, xrays, ct scans and  TONS of IVs.

Now in #3 for about 5 weeks about 1 mile from my house......I'M BEAT!  Will email later!

well, I think you just have a case of malaria, mjp. You tell em I'm a farmer and made a diagnosis. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

.......and if you are all interested, and I know you all are well my wife measured it out at it's about 2 minutes from our drive to the parling lot here.

My nurses today are Marjorie, Kelly and Nichole.

Just finished a P/T session with Kelly and Linda..... kind of hurts in a nice way and supper in two hours.  :P

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2019 at 2:13 PM, mjp28 said:

my nurses today are Marjorie, Kelly and Nichole.

Just finished a P/T session with Kelly and Linda..... kind of hurts in a nice way and supper in two hours.  :P

And exactly what are the P and T they are giving you?🤗🤩

Your wife will drag you home in no time flat.😁

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2019 at 7:37 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

And exactly what are the P and T they are giving you?🤗🤩

Your wife will drag you home in no time flat.😁

Oh don't worry all 5' 0" of my wife' will keep me in line.  :wub:

And besides my regular P/T team are back today Angie and Kelly.

SATURDAY APRIL 27 UPDATE

Well the ID (Infectious disease) doctor updated me this weel, I was on 3 really bad azz IV meds that is now cut down to ONE scheduled to run through May 24.

That has really kicked my butt, hardly ever online for anything. Monday I see the surgeon should get the GO to get stronger and get outta here, 25 days in and counting down.

See you all again soon. GO BROWNS!

Thank goodness my wife is here to guide things along.

They have some interesting plumbing here including this one below my right elbow.

20190424_131204.jpg

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

blood thinners? INR high?

Part of my PICC line setup to keep large amounts of nasty stuff running quickly and safely throughout your plumbing. It's all quite harmless really......

screaming-woman (1).jpg

:blink:   ........oh I didn't bet any of you any large sums of money lately? Just checking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 10:13 PM, mjp28 said:

Part of my PICC line setup to keep large amounts of nasty stuff running quickly and safely throughout your plumbing. It's all quite harmless really......

All ya need is a little fluid change a la Catch 22. 🤣🚑

• 2 weeks later...

Friday May 24, 2019 day 57 I think in the home stretch I hope.

Well from the hospital and surgery 4/3 to a specialty hospital now in rehab to work out get strong and go home.......by early June I guess.

It's been quite a trip, I got off all the IV meds this Wednesday NO PICC LINE or any IV lines!     o 

I will try to recap this wild ride soon.

Three hospitals/rehab tons of doctors treatments and of course lots of nurses!  Nicole is my nurse tonight.   :D

.......time to lift weights tomorrow.

large-rgc81660sm.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

"How about a nice sponge bath nurse".🤣

OMG.....I am not allowed showers yet due to dressings so ALL bed baths!  I've had a few I'll tell you later.  :o