THE BROWNS BOARD

Minimum expectations for the upcoming season,?

Clevfan4life

I'll admit I'm getting caught up a bit. I'm not "expecting" a SB appearance but I wont be surprised either. The team is that loaded. It's the coaches I'm not sure about.

But for me, min expectation is to handle business in the AFC north. That is non negotiable for me. I'll only tolerate 1-2 "close" losses from anyone in the north. We bury the north this year or I'm questioning the staff. No north team has ever had this ki d of talent on both sides of the ball and look how the buried us for 20 odd years. That shit has to be done with especially with the state of the conference as is.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So to put it succinctly, this season minimum expectations should be "fuck rights" on the entirety of the north. I wanna hear Steelers grousing about how they're gonna make the browns "pay" for looking past them and then we still go out and house them while playing our depth guys most of the 2nd half. Nice easy fuck rights when we go to pgh, BLT or cin. 

Expectation? Were still a long way from 53 true names on the' meaningful piece of paper. Closing in on 90 though..Early concerns..A Steve Wilks run/pass Defense..we need far better linebacker play..like the days Of Matthews & Johnson..And A Frankie & Darden would not hurt 

...our minimum expectations?   That's a good question.

The team hasn't had a winning record in over a decade.

The team has a new HC and two new coordinators.

The team has now, and will have more post-draft, a bunch of new players who will have to get acquainted and get synced.  

......that's a lot of newness.  Couple that with the incredibly high expectations that the NFL community is placing upon them..........Whew!

----------  Freddie in his presser said that we won't find out what kind of team we are until adversity hits.  And that it WOULD HIT.  He just doesn't know when.    (People are heapin' plenty of expectations on ya Freddie.  Good luck!)

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

9-7

back in the hey-days of the browns, sometimes 9-7 was just not good enough..After my dad's passing, I finally unloaded a bunch of his old books..Here's a good one I could not stop reading several nights straight.. https://cleveland.com/livingston/2012/11/cleveland_browns_great_hanford.html      several more to go  

9 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

back in the hey-days of the browns, sometimes 9-7 was just not good enough..After my dad's passing, I finally unloaded a bunch of his old books..Here's a good one I could not stop reading several nights straight.. https://www.cleveland.com/livingstin/2012/11/cleveland_browns_great_hanford.html  several more to go  

It just comes up "Page not found"'

But y'all get my point that job #1 needs to be curb stomping the north right? We need to put them under our boots now so in s year or two we've beaten them before the opening kickoff has happened. We especially need to retire Ben. Send him into retirement with two God awful beatings the franchise doesnt recover from for years.

1 hour ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

4-12 or 5-11 are quite possible—and with a few certain injuries—likely 

If that happens it's on the coaches. Tgey will have to go then. We have a limited window with this pro bowl'esque  lineup. If our coaches cant get us to even .500...they got to go

52 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

If that happens it's on the coaches. Tgey will have to go then. We have a limited window with this pro bowl'esque  lineup. If our coaches cant get us to even .500...they got to go

But if you look at the rest of the league team by team you will notice the browns aren’t a pro bowl esque roster at all. Hardly average. They’re still really young and teams now have seen them for a year and know how to play them. I like The team and I hope they do good but I expect them to fold hard. Here’s to 2020

31 minutes ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

But if you look at the rest of the league team by team you will notice the browns aren’t a pro bowl esque roster at all. Hardly average. They’re still really young and teams now have seen them for a year and know how to play them. I like The team and I hope they do good but I expect them to fold hard. Here’s to 2020

Really? How many you want? 22 all pros? Doesn't happen guy. Think before you post. 

OBJ- Pro Bowl

Landry- Pro Bowl

Kareem Hunt- Pro Bowl

Garrett- Pro Bowl

Richardson- Pro Bowl 2014

Olivier Vernon- Pro Bowl

Ward- Pro Bowl

Bitonio- Pro Bowl

Baker- OROTY, in a few spots

As my nephew said- the Browns offense is Madden taking the trade restrictions off. Barring a Bungle level injury disaster- this  team is as talent loaded as any other in the NFL. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Really? How many you want? 22 all pros? Doesn't happen guy. Think before you post. 

OBJ- Pro Bowl

Landry- Pro Bowl

Kareem Hunt- Pro Bowl

Garrett- Pro Bowl

Olivier Vernon- Pro Bowl

Ward- Pro Bowl

Bitonio- Pro Bowl

As my nephew said- the Browns offense is Madden taking the trade restrictions off. Barring a Bungle level injury disaster- this  team is as talent loaded as any other in the NFL. 

The biggest improvement is getting a real DL that will no longer allow the near every down focus on stopping Myles Garrett. Defense wins championships and this one has a chance to be really good starting in the trenches where D begins. Damn we need another run-stopping ILB!! Find a way Dorsey!!

Agree, they need to be 4-2 in the division at a minimum, and establish a home field advantage (8-0, 7-1, 6-2).

The talent on paper is there, and the Browns found ways to "learn how to win" last season. Barring injuries, they should be in the playoff mix for sure. 

The schedule will be out soon. You know the Browns will probably close the season in Pittsburgh or Baltimore, so I'm guessing they'll need to win there in order to get in the playoffs.Nothing ever comes easy.

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

OBJ- Pro Bowl

Landry- Pro Bowl

Kareem Hunt- Pro Bowl

Garrett- Pro Bowl

Olivier Vernon- Pro Bowl

Ward- Pro Bowl

Bitonio- Pro Bowl

As my nephew said- the Browns offense is Madden taking the trade restrictions off. Barring a Bung hole level injury disaster- this  team is as talent loaded as any other in the NFL. 

Teams now know the Browns are a “Super Bowl contender” so no more stumble fracking around with lethargic overtime endings. The offensive line is suspect, even if Denzel ward plays as well as last year the secondary is average at best. I’m not sold on Sheldon Richardson and ogunjobi being better than the Steelers cam heyward and stephon tuitt. My point is it’s fun that the browns don’t suck for the first time ever but they still have a far way to go. 

Teams that are better now- patriots, rams, chargers, Texans, colts, chiefs, eagles, saints, bears

teams that are about the same-(post free agency)  Steelers, seahawks, packers, Vikings, titans, cowboys, falcons, panthers

I hope they put themselves in position for a playoff and super bowl run asap

13 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

"Avg at best"? We now have one of the best qb's in the league, the best wr outright and possibly the best wr Corp, and a RB room that's just self explanatory. And we might have the best front 4 now in the NFL. 

Best qbs? Baker is good. Pff rated him 9th best. Id say now that teams know him he’s about 14th. His offensive line is below average and I liked breshad Perriman who he lost. Odell isn’t better than deandre Hopkins, mike Thomas, Julio Jones or others but he’s one of the best browns even if he didn’t help New York do anything but call him a diva and not win. Chubb was a rookie as well and still young, maybe he can still do good against defenses that now know him. No backup yet til Kareem comes back week 8. Vernon, ogunjobi and Sheldon Richardson are stellar but overrated. They can still add talent in the draft but as far as logical predictions go don’t  expect them to go better than 8-8 

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

"Stellar but overrated"....yup, welcome back vagitron..

Yeah you can insult and what not but yes there’s a reason Vernon is a pass rusher in his prime being 28 years old and only yielded an interior offensive lineman. Ogunjobi was grades by pff as below average, though he is a hulk. Sheldon Richardson is hardly above average when you consider his play year in and year out. 

1 hour ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Teams now know the Browns are a “Super Bowl contender” so no more stumble fracking around with lethargic overtime endings. The offensive line is suspect, even if Denzel ward plays as well as last year the secondary is average at best. I’m not sold on Sheldon Richardson and ogunjobi being better than the Steelers cam heyward and stephon tuitt. My point is it’s fun that the browns don’t suck for the first time ever but they still have a far way to go. 

Teams that are better now- patriots, rams, chargers, Texans, colts, chiefs, eagles, saints, bears

teams that are about the same-(post free agency)  Steelers, seahawks, packers, Vikings, titans, cowboys, falcons, panthers

I hope they put themselves in position for a playoff and super bowl run asap

That's so wrong on so many counts it's not even worth my time pointing out where teams like the Rams and Chiefs have lost a ton of talent.  

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Is this chudzinski goof our old steeler troll come round again?

No, but he sure sounds like the banned for another month Baking up Turnovers.  

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yup that's him. But was "but" a vagitron alt?

Nah, I've had more than a few PMs with Vag, and other than being a Steeler homer- he's a pretty normal guy. Doesn't ghost, and knows way more about football than our Negative Newbie apparently does.  

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Nah, I've had more than a few PMs with Vag, and other than being a Steeler homer- he's a pretty normal guy. Doesn't ghost, and knows way more about football than our Negative Newbie apparently does.  

I’m not negative just highly unimpressed with everyone’s assessment that the browns are division favorites because they finally have a collection of some above average players for the first time since 2007

24 minutes ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

I’m not negative just highly unimpressed with everyone’s assessment that the browns are division favorites because they finally have a collection of some above average players for the first time since 2007

Speaking of highly unimpressed......(fill in the blank)

7 minutes ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Oh be reasonable Gip. Look I’m just saying if the browns go above 8-8 then I’m the Retard here

Well...you may be that notwithstanding whatever the Browns record is.  Certainly Browns fans should not be overconfident. That does not mean that the talent here should be underrated either.

Archived