THE BROWNS BOARD

Ricardo Louis Waived

darren15

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No more fine corinthian leather?

cordoba-pc.jpg

Well the street two blocks away from me is Corinth, and on the corner as I like to call it- the Corinthian Leather Church. Usually think of Ricardo too.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

g1364440293896155303.jpg

I just hope Ricardo displays no bitterness toward the Browns for letting him go.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold. It is very cold in space."    

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

"Revenge is a dish best served cold. It is very cold in space."    

I was curious on your thoughts about Star Trek Discovery thus far.. I think its pretty well done...

16 minutes ago, nickers said:

I was curious on your thoughts about Star Trek Discovery thus far.. I think its pretty well done...

Unfortunately- don't have it. Wasn't going to pay for a streaming service with only one thing I'd want to watch. Plus, my widescreen is old enough (8 yo+) that streaming from the Internet really isn't an option. But when the new 4k shows up in the Man Cave later this year, different story. Hopefully, those episodes will eventually come out on Blu-Ray. (I do have the complete set of the Original Series with Shatner and Nimoy though, and most of the big screen movies.)  

The pilot was mighty good.  

29 minutes ago, nickers said:

I saw the first season by getting it on DVD from the library.   (I don't have CBS access for the reason Hoorta states).  It looks like for season 2 I may have to wait again for the DVD.

16 minutes ago, Orion said:

When will DeValve's number be called I wonder?

Another Non-Dorsey guy.  I still think he has some worth as a 3rd string TE  (but we have seen Dorsey dump those that Sashi picked)....and I think he contributes mightily on STs....when he is not hurt.  But no, it would not surprise me if Dorsey dumps him.

2ayx.gif    JWL.gif    Bye Ricardo !!                                      To Wake a Sleeping Giant we F'd them too 

9 hours ago, nickers said:

It's about time... Ricky Ricardo sucked Donkey balls..

Yep! "Run fast, drop often" doesn't work for me.

Mike

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

Unfortunately- don't have it. Wasn't going to pay for a streaming service with only one thing I'd want to watch. Plus, my widescreen is old enough (8 yo+) that streaming from the Internet really isn't an option. But when the new 4k shows up in the Man Cave later this year, different story. Hopefully, those episodes will eventually come out on Blu-Ray. (I do have the complete set of the Original Series with Shatner and Nimoy though, and most of the big screen movies.)  

The pilot was mighty good.  

Dont pay for a streaming service. Get you a firestick, jailbreak it, and stream anything you want for free!

11 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

People value 4th round picks so much yet Ricardo Louis is precisely what happens 64% of the time. Waste a roster space on a dumb young self entitled kid for 3 years and just hand him millions of dollars. 

youre going to be very popular here with these grade school takes...

12 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

People value 4th round picks so much yet Ricardo Louis is precisely what happens 64% of the time. Waste a roster space on a dumb young self entitled kid for 3 years and just hand him millions of dollars. 

Well...that is 50% of all players drafted by the NFL....the Browns are no different there than any other team has been.

(where they have been fucked is getting 1st rounders like  Gilbert/Manziel/Mingo/Weeden etc. etc.  other teams at least batted .500 with their 1st round picks...where the Browns batted  .000 practically)

4 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Don't pay for a streaming service. Get you a firestick, jailbreak it, and stream anything you want for free!

I'm not that technically advanced. Time has apparently passed me by. Had to look up Amazon Firestick. The wife does have a Amazon Prime membership, so that would make things easier. My good friend has Alexa, I'm aware of what you can do with it, but I don't see the need for it- yet. :) 

No need to get out of your chair. Gosh, what's next- Alexa, wipe my butt?  

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...that is 50% of all players drafted by the NFL....the Browns are no different there than any other team has been.

(where they have been fucked is getting 1st rounders like  Gilbert/Manziel/Mingo/Weeden etc. etc.  other teams at least batted .500 with their 1st round picks...where the Browns batted  .000 practically)

That’s so true. The browns can thank god for the new technology age that makes the next prospects a bit better to predict. A Brian robiskie would’ve never been a 2nd round flame out and would’ve been picked in like the 5th this year 

3 minutes ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

That’s so true. The browns can thank god for the new technology age that makes the next prospects a bit better to predict. A Brian robiskie would’ve never been a 2nd round flame out and would’ve been picked in like the 5th this year 

What is this "new" technology?   As far as I know it comes down to some pretty old technology:   an eye for talent. 

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What is this "new" technology?   As far as I know it comes down to some pretty old technology:   an eye for talent. 

Well the collective eye for talent can make safer picks than before because everything’s a little bit more connected instead of just word of mouth before the internet and prominence of combine and college football. I know it’s my faint explained theory but it’s common sense. Doesn’t mean there won’t always be manziels and busts all over. It’s just harder to miss on a pick than it was in 2003. When Myles Garrett ran that 40 shirtless we all saw. 

1 hour ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Well the collective eye for talent can make safer picks than before because everything’s a little bit more connected instead of just word of mouth before the internet and prominence of combine and college football. I know it’s my faint explained theory but it’s common sense. Doesn’t mean there won’t always be manziels and busts all over. It’s just harder to miss on a pick than it was in 2003. When Myles Garrett ran that 40 shirtless we all saw. 

We have had the internet and the combine since at least the mid 90s.  The guys that missed on all those picks missed because they sucked at picking talent....not because they didn't have the technology we have now.   Its not like the Browns were operating in the stone age and the other teams were operating in the space age.  They all had the same tech....its just that the Browns were far more lousy at using whatever they had than other teams.....because they had shite for talent evaluators.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

We have had the internet and the combine since at least the mid 90s.  The guys that missed on all those picks missed because they sucked at picking talent....not because they didn't have the technology we have now.   Its not like the Browns were operating in the stone age and the other teams were operating in the space age.  They all had the same tech....its just that the Browns were far more lousy at using whatever they had than other teams.....because they had shite for talent evaluators.

This is all valid here but I’m just saying it’s more than likely the more purely talented than his peers pick is happening more accurately because we are all more connected as far as knowing the physical traits of someone more. It’s hard to grasp what I’m saying in whole but the reality is the social media age makes it notably easier to be aware of the better athletes in sooner rounds in the draft. This theory just says a teams 1st, 2nd rd. picks bust less than before 

15 minutes ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

This is all valid here but I’m just saying it’s more than likely the more purely talented than his peers pick is happening more accurately because we are all more connected as far as knowing the physical traits of someone more. It’s hard to grasp what I’m saying in whole but the reality is the social media age makes it notably easier to be aware of the better athletes in sooner rounds in the draft. This theory just says a teams 1st, 2nd rd. picks bust less than before 

It is not hard to grasp at all.   Or..maybe it is...for you....because what you are saying is completely wrong and off base...and you are not able to grasp that fact, apparently.

Sure, this ain't the 50s where Bart Starr went #200 overall, or Johnny Unitas maybe even lower. But there have been lots and lots and lots and lots of high draft pick misses.......and a lot of low round hits  (Anthony Brown...round 6,  Tom Brady round 6...just a couple).  And they were not the choices of outdated technology.   Your namesake, Justin Gilbert (we know you are the same arsebag)...an example of the negative....and Johnny Get Angry from the same draft.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

It is not hard to grasp at all.   Or..maybe it is...for you....because what you are saying is completely wrong and off base...and you are not able to grasp that fact, apparently.

Sure, this ain't the 50s where Bart Starr went #200 overall, or Johnny Unitas maybe even lower. But there have been lots and lots and lots and lots of high draft pick misses.......and a lot of low round hits  (Anthony Brown...round 6,  Tom Brady round 6...just a couple).  And they were not the choices of outdated technology.   Your namesake, Justin Gilbert (we know you are the same arsebag)...an example of the negative....and Johnny Get Angry from the same draft.

I haven’t made an account on here til last night so no I can’t say I’m all these things “you guys”  say. 

There are more Andy Dalton’s and Matt Stanford’s and mediocre-ish guys who still make pro bowls and sign big contracts after their rookie year versus the days of Cade McCown and Akili smith and Gerard warren. It’s abundantly clear from 1999-2009 versus 2010-2019 that the higher picks hit more and are more sure things due to a higher awareness of pre draft and communication. 

16 minutes ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

I haven’t made an account on here til last night so no I can’t say I’m all these things “you guys”  say. 

If you aren't the same douchenozzle, then you have similar faulty genes as some of them do.

There are more Andy Dalton’s and Matt Stanford’s and mediocre-ish guys who still make pro bowls and sign big contracts after their rookie year versus the days of Cade McCown and Akili smith and Gerard warren. It’s abundantly clear from 1999-2009 versus 2010-2019 that the higher picks hit more and are more sure things due to a higher awareness of pre draft and communication. 

Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, John P. Manziel, Brandon Weeden.....  2010-2019 had plenty enough of their McCown/Akili like wonders.  I think maybe its just that you are a guy with a cellphone in his hand 24/7....and can't think of anything but social media.  By my observation of social media....I have found that a lot of people are a lot more inept at a lot of things I would never have realized they were shitty at.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That’s interesting as ponder and gabbert were the very first two I thought of in contrast. Ponder and Blaine were questionable coming in and not picked super high in classes that weren’t loaded. Anyhow look at Wikipedia and you’ll notice especially the last 10 years the 1st and 2nd rd picks hit way more than the 10 years before that 

Archived