Sign in to follow this  
Louisville Slugger

Kindred to be waived

Figured this had to be the 1st April Fools thread, but lotta reports out there.

this one is true

There has to be a reason for this.  Makes no sense now.  How much did he count for in the cap space.  Not much I would think.

I don't think they had big plans for him, but did we need to save that $2 Million? Must be working on another big vet deal, as I speculated earlier, I think the Browns will sign a veteran SS to a loaded short term deal and draft a SS of the future this year.

Zombo

9 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

There has to be a reason for this.  Makes no sense now.  How much did he count for in the cap space.  Not much I would think.

$2m I think

8 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I don't think they had big plans for him, but did we need to save that $2 Million? Must be working on another big vet deal, as I speculated earlier, I think the Browns will sign a veteran SS to a loaded short term deal and draft a SS of the future this year.

Zombo

I'm betting it's addressed as our 2nd rounder unless some big signing takes place soon. Berry is best known to Dorsey and vice versa.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm betting it's addressed as our 2nd rounder unless some big signing takes place soon. Berry is best known to Dorsey and vice versa.

Even if they sign Berry....I see no sense in letting Kindred go.   I mean....can you say "Depth".  Besides, is Berry really Box Safety material?

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Even if they sign Berry....I see no sense in letting Kindred go.   I mean....can you say "Depth".  Besides, is Berry really Box Safety material?

I'm not saying I agree, just that Dorsey has a tendency to drop. Like Shelton before getting a good run defender in the middle of the DL. We could have used him last year.

So?  Its a done deal then?

I thought they may have been able to get a low draft pick at least for him.

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

damn, liked him

What's to like.... he did absolutely NADA. 

Maybe he will go somewhere and be a start...but hell....3 years waiting is long enough.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

defensive-backs-derrick-kindred-and-jabr

Originally a Tears for Fears song.   I just remember Adam Lambert doing a great cover of it on American Idol.

American Fukin' Idol??? Really???

That cinches it... Gip's a twelve yo girl.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

... and what in Berry's recent history suggests he can make an entire season?

5 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Howard Wilson is gone too.

WTF???

Not doubting the truth of the report, just wondering why the decision was made.

Damn it, I expected them to release Wilson in TC or when making up the 53 man roster... But now?

Just because he looked good on a horrible team doesn’t mean much. Just another anal pick. This GM uses uses heart and soul along with stats. Football 101

Our safety room now consists of Randall, Jermaine Whitehead, and international superstar Tigie Sankoh.

Our CB chart is Ward, Carrie, P.Gaines, Mitchell, and a smothering of practice squad someones.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Our safety room now consists of Randall, Jermaine Whitehead, and international superstar Tigie Sankoh.

Our CB chart is Ward, Carrie, P.Gaines, Mitchell, and a smothering of practice squad someones.

Uh, Murray.

Murray, SS was quick enough to play cb in college, is physical...

I don't see any problem.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Murray graded in the high 60s and 70s an Kindred was rated in the 50s across the board. (Pff grades)

Murray is a SS with coverage ability. 

Someone else posted just the opposite.