THE BROWNS BOARD

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez falsely claims Republicans amended Constitution to kick FDR out of office

Vambo

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-falsely-claims-republicans-amended-constitution-to-kick-fdr-out-of-office

Ocasio-Cortez was referring to the 22nd Amendment of the Constitution which passed in 1947.

The text of the amendment states, “No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.” FDR died in 1945, meaning he was dead for a full two years before presidential term limits were implemented.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

AOC gets a lot of mileage on the right. It is already pretty clear that her own party believes she is a dunce cap. One term is likely her trajectory.

I don't agree. There's a whole generation and probably a bunch of adults on the hard left that love  the enthusiasm she has and her ideas even if they believe they need to be refined a little bit. Plus she gains sympathy because the left loves anybody the right seems to be unfairly attacking.

WSS

Or, another way to look at it ...

As I've said many times, we're in the age of trolling politics. You don't need to solve a problem or be right, you can just win by pissing off the other side. This led to King Troll himself becoming president. Now take AOC. Regardless of the merits of her ideas, she pisses off conservatives. She's under their skin. That alone will make her more appealing to vote for to some people 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't agree. There's a whole generation and probably a bunch of adults on the hard left that love  the enthusiasm she has and her ideas even if they believe they need to be refined a little bit. Plus she gains sympathy because the left loves anybody the right seems to be unfairly attacking.

WSS

We have already seen what happens to a Dem if they don’t play by the DNC game plan. 

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Are you sure that she isn't part and parcel of the DNC game plan? In what issues does she step off of the reservation?

WSS

Apparently, the new Green Deal was a bridge too far for the Dems. You are seeing the same thing with (insert name of Muslim politician) and her rhetoric on Israel. Both parties don't wander too far from what makes them money. Bankrupting businesses or upsetting Jewish donors is bad for the Dem bottom line. 

9 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

AOC gets a lot of mileage on the right. It is already pretty clear that her own party believes she is a dunce cap. One term is likely her trajectory.

she's a Hispanic female which means she's pretty high up in the victim heirarchy. Her opinions may not be challenged on the left except by a bigger victim. Only a black person, Muslim, or American Indian has enough victim cred to speak against her. 

You, sir, are a racist

16 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

She has an Economics degree if memory serves and I don't know where the info went.

If she does, then it's even more embarrassing for her ideas about the GND, since she should know the economic implications of her plan.

I, too, went to college, and met some of the dumbest people I've ever known there. A college degree isn't necessarily the marker of intelligence that it once was.

10 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Wouldn't bet on that. How many terms has Sheila Jackson had? Maxine Waters? Pelosi is a walking dunce cap.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Or, another way to look at it ...

As I've said many times, we're in the age of trolling politics. You don't need to solve a problem or be right, you can just win by pissing off the other side. This led to King Troll himself becoming president. Now take AOC. Regardless of the merits of her ideas, she pisses off conservatives. She's under their skin. That alone will make her more appealing to vote for to some people 

In fact we should send her a message that we need a new lefty chick 🐣 troll on the BB to counterbalance the righty trolls. Some of us are getting tired of trolling the same old (man) fish. They're too easy.🐡

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

If she does, then it's even more embarrassing for her ideas about the GND, since she should know the economic implications of her plan.

I, too, went to college, and met some of the dumbest people I've ever known there. A college degree isn't necessarily the marker of intelligence that it once was.

The ideology is usually more important than the nuts and bolts.

WSS

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

Wouldn't bet on that. How many terms has Sheila Jackson had? Maxine Waters? Pelosi is a walking dunce cap.

You can take a shot as to why Jackson and Waters have stayed in office for as long as they have. Pelosi got connected and played the game. Pelosi is a brainchild compared to AOC. I don't like her but she isn't an idiot. Most of her horse shit is calculated.

6 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

she's a Hispanic female which means she's pretty high up in the victim heirarchy. Her opinions may not be challenged on the left except by a bigger victim. Only a black person, Muslim, or American Indian has enough victim cred to speak against her. 

You, sir, are a racist

Can't be. I identify as a gay black Muslim female. AOC will feel my outrage!

19 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

no wonder cortez is cleve's and woodpecker's heroine.

She's not right.

This is why I have no respect for u. I've stated here multiple times that I cant stand her and WHY. Doesnt mean I think everything she says is wrong. Why is it so hard for u to acknowledge there aren't any far lefty's here?

Archived