THE BROWNS BOARD

Vietnam Real American War Hero

calfoxwc

this is what a REAL AMERICAN HERO looks and sounds like, what a REAL AMERICAN hero does when

he is tortured and has to make a statement.

Ever heard of him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Denton

Jeremiah Denton

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jeremiah Denton
JeremiahDentonSenate.jpg

United States Senator
from Alabama
In office
January 3, 1981 – January 3, 1987
Preceded by Donald Stewart
Succeeded by Richard Shelby
Personal details
Born
Jeremiah Andrew Denton Jr.

July 15, 1924
Mobile, Alabama, U.S.
Died March 28, 2014 (aged 89)
Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S.
Resting place Arlington National Cemetery
Political party Republican
Spouse(s)
  • Katherine Jane Maury
    (m. 1946; died 2007)
  • Mary Belle Bordone (m. 2010)
Alma mater Spring Hill College
United States Naval Academy
National Defense University
Naval War College
George Washington University
Military service
Allegiance 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States_%28Panton United States
Branch/service 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States_Navy_%28o United States Navy
Years of service 1946–1977
Rank US-O8 insignia.svg Rear admiral
Battles/wars Vietnam War
Awards Navy Cross
Defense Distinguished Service Medal
Navy Distinguished Service Medal
Silver Star Medal (3)
Distinguished Flying Cross
Bronze Star Medal (5) w/
Combat "V"
Air Medal (Strike/Flight 2)
Navy Commendation Medal w/ Combat "V"
Purple Heart Medal (2)
Combat Action Ribbon
Prisoner of War Medal

Jeremiah Andrew Denton Jr. (July 15, 1924 – March 28, 2014) was a U.S. Senator representing Alabama from 1981 to 1987, a United States Navy Rear Admiral, and Naval Aviator taken captive during the Vietnam War.

Denton was widely known for enduring almost eight years of grueling conditions as an American prisoner of war (POW) in North Vietnam after the A-6 Intruder he was piloting was shot down in 1965. He was the first of all American POWs held captive and released by Hanoi to step off an American plane during Operation Homecoming in February 1973. As one of the earliest and highest-ranking officers to be taken prisoner in North Vietnam, Denton was forced by his captors to participate in a 1966 televised propaganda interview which was broadcast in the United States. While answering questions and feigning trouble with the blinding television lights, Denton blinked his eyes in Morse code, spelling the word "TORTURE"—and confirming for the first time to U.S. Naval Intelligence that American POWs were being tortured.

In 1976, Denton wrote When Hell Was in Session about his experience in captivity, which was made into the 1979 film with Hal Holbrook. Denton was also the subject of the 2015 documentary Jeremiah produced by Alabama Public Television.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't bother to open cal's shit. He can't really tell the difference anymore between one who served and one who cowered behind fake bone spurs supplied by daddy's money.

there goes cowardly lyin again. I never said Trump served, but Pres Trump WON you crybaby, and he is BEING A GREAT REAL AMERICAN PRESIDENT.

btw, I never nobody ever belittled your precious hero buttock for not being in the military. He hid behind his radical Muslim prince.

and your corrupt higgardly must have been your commie nanny, given the extent of your emotional outbursts that make no sense.

But do go ahead and reply even though "you have me on ignore".

Keep on dancin for your illegals comin over the border.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

and I want to be clear, I didn't like John Mccain. But this horseshit is over the top now. He's dead. 

Bullshitte

he was always an asswhole

just because he died doesn’t exclude his horrendous history as an asswhole as a person and a politician 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

there goes cowardly lyin again. I never said Trump served, but Pres Trump WON you crybaby, and he is BEING A GREAT REAL AMERICAN PRESIDENT.

btw, I never nobody ever belittled your precious hero buttock for not being in the military. He hid behind his radical Muslim prince.

and your corrupt higgardly must have been your commie nanny, given the extent of your emotional outbursts that make no sense.

But do go ahead and reply even though "you have me on ignore".

Keep on dancin for your illegals comin over the border.

Cal, none of the Dems listed above mocked POWs for being captured. Had they done so, not only would the screeching about it been immense, people would also be shitting on them for having not served. Trump was way out of line but he got a pass. 

25 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Cal, none of the Dems listed above mocked POWs for being captured. Had they done so, not only would the screeching about it been immense, people would also be shitting on them for having not served. Trump was way out of line but he got a pass. 

Sure it was out of line, bad taste I would have done it nor would I have advised him to do it. But unless McCain is a true pussy it's not a big deal, suck it up Maverick.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Sure it was out of line, bad taste I would have done it nor would I have advised him to do it. But unless McCain is a true pussy it's not a big deal, suck it up Maverick.

WSS

Trump said he didn’t like guys who got captured. Not just McCain. It would have been a death sentence politically for just about anyone. I don’t give a shit either way but righties can’t play like they love the military and kiss that guy’s ass. 

yes, he said something stupid. Obamao talked about visiting 57 states. etc etc etc.

Every one with any sense knows what he was trying to say -

"I like heroes who aren't scum now but claim to be a hero just because they were POW's"

His actions toward all our military speak far more than a stupid quip he shouldn't have made.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I didn’t like McCain because he got captured. What a pussy amiright?

Well, if it wasn’t for his daddy the admiral, he wouldn’t have been flying in the first place. He finished at the bottom of his class in Annapolis. There were higher qualified candidates that should have been a pilot before songbird. He already crashed two different planes before that one in Vietnam. 

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

yes, he said something stupid. Obamao talked about visiting 57 states. etc etc etc.

Every one with any sense knows what he was trying to say -

"I like heroes who aren't scum now but claim to be a hero just because they were POW's"

His actions toward all our military speak far more than a stupid quip he shouldn't have made.

57 states comment is far from making a claim that you don’t like POWs because they were captured. If Trump was capable of ever admitting fault, he would have corrected what he said on the spot. Again, I don’t care either way. I am more just ball busting political hypocrisy. The people who buy hard on politics know without a doubt that they would be shitting glass if that comment came from the other squad.

2 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Well, if it wasn’t for his daddy the admiral, he wouldn’t have been flying in the first place. He finished at the bottom of his class in Annapolis. There were higher qualified candidates that should have been a pilot before songbird. He already crashed two different planes before that one in Vietnam. 

Well what about the other chumps who got captured? 

but it did bother me - but he was only referring to mccain's asswholeness as a politician, and who was not any kind of hero just because he was a POW.

I believe it's dumb to figure that Pres Trump was ridiculing all POW's in history.

That doesn't fly - he is hugely about ALL our veterans.

Mccain just got captured, but was always a cocky, self-centered, no honor

JFK - HERO

Bush Snr- HERO

John Kerry - piece of slut garbage

John Mccain - no honor arrogant self-centered asswhole.

I do thank him for his service, but the rest of his life was a contradicktion to being a "hero" after all

he did, the worst was walking out on his swimsuit model injured in a car accident disabled wife.

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

but it did bother me - but he was only referring to mccain's asswholeness as a politician, and who was not any kind of hero just because he was a POW.

Why even mention McCain’s POW status at all? He had a lengthy voting record in congress that is loathsome. It seemed like a bizarre hill to die on and he got a pass. That is fine but if Trump is getting an endless amount of passes, you can’t go and hold others to a different standard. 

his actions account for who he really is. He has a bad habit of short quips that don't tell the whole story, and he himself throws what means out of context.

I won't condemn him as a bad president because he isn't. Once he won the primary, I started listening to him, and came to eventually realize, he was very serious. He didn't have to run for president for power and wealth, he had that already.

He wanted to save our country from the direction it was going downhill dangerously in.

So, we elected him to Save America. MAGA. He isn't perfect.

But anybody who wants to get made over that one really stupid ass thing Pres Trump said strictly in regard to mccain...

should bring up Uranium One and get very indignant over that instead. Far more destructive and dangerous.

12 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

his actions account for who he really is. He has a bad habit of short quips that don't tell the whole story, and he himself throws what means out of context.

I won't condemn him as a bad president because he isn't. Once he won the primary, I started listening to him, and came to eventually realize, he was very serious. He didn't have to run for president for power and wealth, he had that already.

He wanted to save our country from the direction it was going downhill dangerously in.

So, we elected him to Save America. MAGA. He isn't perfect.

But anybody who wants to get made over that one really stupid ass thing Pres Trump said strictly in regard to mccain...

should bring up Uranium One and get very indignant over that instead. Far more destructive and dangerous.

It is possible to dislike a lot of things at once. Trump was a better alternative to Hillary but choosing drinking a shot of your own pee over eating a log of your own shit doesn’t make piss taste like Coca Cola from there on out. Bear in mind, this is my take. The last presidential run was an indictment of the process and should have made everyone step back and ask what the fuck is going on. We were left with a cartoon character and a career shit heel. 

Archived