THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ Press Conference

darren15

3 hours ago, nickers said:

How-about-a-nice-cup-of-shut-the-fuck-up...TEXT_.jpg

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

See there...you got the last word by saying something that finally made sense.

....and they both lived happily ever after!

Mike  

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It appears Mike got the last word to me.😁

Mike is clever like that!

Presser guy said we have enough time for 2 more and we will end with Mary Kay ..... Baker said ...... am I supposed to feel happy about that :)

3 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

This is a bit off topic, but I noticed that he's not too excited about being here.   Has anyone else noticed that?  My guess is when he see what type of fans we have here, perhaps that will change his tune.  

He was being traded from the team that drafted him in biggest city and market in the world to a very small scale Ohio town in comparison. He was gonna take time to digest that whether he’s a true diva or not 

Some douchenozzle on the radio the other day commented about this the other night....saying that he was perhaps leary of coming to a small town instead of being on the Bright lights of Broadway.

But here is my take:   When it comes to Football.....Cleveland IS Broadway!!...and New York is summer stock theater.

The NFL was founded in Northeast Ohio.  3 of its first 4 champions were from NE Ohio.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Northeast Ohio

The Greater Cleveland Area has won more Pro Football Championships than any other community  (tied with Green Bay)

Cleveland kept our motherfucking team when some ratshit bastard tried to move it....something that the likes of LA/St. Louis/Baltimore/Houston/Oakland/San Diego  and who knows who else could not do.

Even when we were the worst shithole of a team...the support of the fan base was fabulous.

So....the center of the  football world is right fucking here.

So, congratulations to OBJ,  he now plays in the center of the football Universe.

On 4/2/2019 at 6:45 PM, The Gipper said:

Some douchenozzle on the radio the other day commented about this the other night....saying that he was perhaps leary of coming to a small town instead of being on the Bright lights of Broadway.

But here is my take:   When it comes to Football.....Cleveland IS Broadway!!...and New York is summer stock theater.

The NFL was founded in Northeast Ohio.  3 of its first 4 champions were from NE Ohio.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Northeast Ohio

The Greater Cleveland Area has won more Pro Football Championships than any other community  (tied with Green Bay)

Cleveland kept our motherfucking team when some ratshit bastard tried to move it....something that the likes of LA/St. Louis/Baltimore/Houston/Oakland/San Diego  and who knows who else could not do.

Even when we were the worst shithole of a team...the support of the fan base was fabulous.

So....the center of the  football world is right fucking here.

So, congratulations to OBJ,  he now plays in the center of the football Universe.

I couldn't agree more considering the points you made.  But perhaps, like I've said before, after  he's been here for awhile and really get to know our fan base, perhaps he'll change his tune.  Joe Thomas and Joe Haden did it.  So why can't he?  The markets have grown in larger cities compared to when we were a great team in the old days, so we have to compare markets today.  

24 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

I couldn't agree more considering the points you made.  But perhaps, like I've said before, after  he's been here for awhile and really get to know our fan base, perhaps he'll change his tune.  Joe Thomas and Joe Haden did it.  So why can't he?  The markets have grown in larger cities compared to when we were a great team in the old days, so we have to compare markets today.  

Plus, Green Bay isn't exactly the garden spot of the NFL, and you don't hear players clamoring to leave. 

I got around last night to watch the Monday night edition of NFLN Total Access, they had extensive coverage of the Browns press conferences. What I found really interesting is they flew Kim Jones (who usually covers the Giants) to Cleveland to have a exclusive interview with OBJ. I knew they were close, and doing a little digging I found out why. Shows a side of Beckham most people don't see. Jones almost died from an aortic dissection covering a practice, and Odell became friends with her during her recovery.

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Plus, Green Bay isn't exactly the garden spot of the NFL, and you don't hear players clamoring to leave. 

JIm Kelly told a story about how disappointed - he literally cried - he was when he was drafted by the Bills. Wanted nothing to do with Buffalo.

Jim Kelly is practically Mr. Buffalo, New York now. 

All I can say is this.. More than at any other time since the rebirth in 99 has this team had as many expectations as it does... Dorsey has come in..And totally retooled and rebranded this Franchise.. People are talking about us as Americas Team.. There are a lot of expectations.. I believe Freddie can temper this team.. We will see.. It's great not to be in a fowl mood and then bicker with fellas... I really don't care about the draft this year in lieu of what has transpired with this team.. No more LeCharles Bentley breaking his leg or Brandon Weedon getting lost under the American flag. I think 10-6 is very realistic... And really the skies the limit... But in the back of my mind.. This team not only is loaded with "TALENT".. It is also loaded with dynamic and Alpha Personalities.. It's gonna take a monumental effort reining all of that testosterone by a one Freddie Kitchens.. This isn't an ordinary stove pilot being lit... It's a damn bottle rocket the size of a Saturn V rocket waiting to jump off a gantry...

Also...He did say his Mothers favorite color was orange.. And said.. "So that worked out".. I took that as a positive sign... Also.. Looking at the way he was dressed.. I thought that was kind of cool...For me.. It's the same as being kicked out of a band and dealing with inner politics.. I've been there.. it's never a cool feeling to be suddenly dumped by your peers... Especially being Proficient on an instrument (As I am).... Sometimes people don't care how good you are when they have "Their own" Agenda in mind..... It's pretty silly and petty shit in the end... I worked with a Drummer who shall go nameless who stabbed my back not once.. But twice... I had been in 3 bands with him.. He himself is a very average player.. But he was so over zealous to make money.. He didn't care whose toes he stepped on .. He would forge these dark alliances with a select band member and get them all wound up.. when instant success never manifested.. He'd pick someone out and get them kicked out of the band while being oblivious to his own short comings as a Drummer (suspect timing,Dynamics,Etc).... Sorry to digress.. But this sparked a few bad memories.... Thee are a multitude of similarities between Athletes and Musicians..

Archived