THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 Board Mock: Day 2 - Rounds 2 and 3

Tour2ma

Gipper wants me to take his teams while he moves office for a few days

Detroit need a hitter at safety and they get a big one

Amani Hooker  S   Iowa

Did the updates last nite then ran into a wall trying to make picks. Let's see what good, if any, sleep did...

Well, here goes nothing...

Dallas has band-aided two positions, TE with the return of Witten from the booth delaying his HoF date and SS with former Bagel-Vike, George Iloka, by signing both to one-year deals. The temptation is (or at least was last nite) to bolster one of these positions with a pick here, but last nite I could not find the value at either position. Same story this AM...

But there is a value at a position I cannot ignore

So with the 26th pick of Round 3 in the BBMD, the Dallas Cowboys select:

Joe Jackson (DE - The U)

Want a run stuffer? Look to the Pacific NW and U-Dub...

With the 27th pick in the 3rd Round... etc... etc... The LA Chargers select:

Greg Gaines (DT - UWsh)

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Want a run stuffer? Look to the Pacific NW and U-Dub...

With the 27th pick in the 3rd Round... etc... etc... The LA Chargers select:

Greg Gaines (DT - UWsh)

Wow, two 300+ lb DTs in a row for Chargers. There's the beef.

Zombo

The Kansas City Chiefs select Ross Pierschbacher C/G Alabama

• Like 1

Jets went BPA with first round pick and addressed 1 of their 3 positions of need earlier in this round and now they address another need position, a player that is flying up boards and is in many under the radar picks from draft analysts

SEAN BUNTING  CB  Central Michigan 

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/04/04/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-interview-sean-bunting-central-michigan/

Blah blah balh...

NYG takes...

Kingsley Keke (DE - TAMU)

Situaitional edge DE who handles the run well and can grow into the 3-4 DE role.

Nite all!

loved this guy's motor all week at the Senior Bowl. former browns scout Daniel Jeremiah has him at #45 in his top 50  REDSKINS select- LJ COLLIER- da TCU

Lists are up to date...

Here is finish to Round...

• Jags .................. Gipper .. darren .....
  • Rams ................. Unsym ...................
  • Panthers ............ gumby ................... (I have gum's proxy)
  • Pats ................... Unsym ...................
  • Ravens .............. Nero .......................

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Lists updated...

Nero, wrap this round...

Lo que tú mandes.

The Baltimore Ravens select David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin. 

• Upvote 1

And thus ends our Day 2....

Some stats for the "day":

• 70 players taken.
  • 32 Offensive players selected; 38 Defensive... so the Offense closed the Round 1 gap a little, but still has a ways to go.

On the O-side:

• Day 2 saw the same number of QBs tabbed as Day 1... 3.
  • Only 3 RBs have been taken... all in Day 2.
  • An even dozen WRs were selected... a big jump over the 2 taken in Round 1... while only 3 more TEs joined the 2 taken in Round 1.
  • Only 10 OL were taken over the two-round Day 2... behind the pace set Round 1 when 7 were taken.

On the D-side:

• The same number of DTs were taken over the two rounds as were in Round 1 indicating the position is more elite than deep.
  • Conversely the number of DEs taken doubled from 5 to 10 with 8 of the 10 plucked in Round 3.
  • LB selections rose from 3 to 7 with most in both rounds playing inside.
  • CBs taken tripled from 3 to 9.
  • Seven Safeties were taken Day 2 after only one was deemed worthy of a 1st.

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Here's a video of Watson that isn't hard to look at but you might want to mute the Ghoolie-esque lyrics...

Appreciate the backup bubs.

edit:  Besides the number, he reminded me a bit of a chocolate Laurinaitis.   Just a classic MIKE backer that will go downhill, secure tackles and has good eye discipline.  This defense sorely lacks that at the moment. 

OK. So I've been getting crazy because the numbers I have for overall picks didn't match the draft order (in my draft board, I had picked 159 and 160 when my picks are meant to be 160 and 161 overall)....

I didn't know that the Giants pick was forfeited... So it still counts in overall count, but they don't pick.

Thank you NFL for being so American :P 

On 4/7/2019 at 10:10 AM, tiamat63 said:

Appreciate the backup bubs.

edit:  Besides the number, he reminded me a bit of a chocolate Laurinaitis.   Just a classic MIKE backer that will go downhill, secure tackles and has good eye discipline.  This defense sorely lacks that at the moment. 

Just telling it like it is! 

I hit the deck LMAO at the Chocolate Laurinaitis.   It only makes sense to share a video with Vanilla Chocolate Ice doing the lyrics and music (that people may wanna mute) of his 2017 season at Illinois. I agree with your analysis.  Understanding what we saw in the previous video of his senior year, this guy sure comes up with a lot of turnovers defending the pass for a MIKE.  Great assets to bring to an NFL Defense in a passing era.  I hope he didn't transfer to Maryland just to get on the Ratbirds' radar.  But if he DID,  I could see that plan getting intercepted by Dorsey-Doe.   

Edited by Flugel
typo

On 4/14/2019 at 12:10 PM, gumby73 said:

Chocolate Laurinaitis is gaining Steam..  https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/cleveland-browns-7-round-mock-draft  or Tia has his application put in at The Draft Network B) 

Thanks for the kind words,  man.   Really didn't have much,  if any time to devout to watching like I wanted to.  I didn't finish my Yodney piece but don't see him as a day 1 or even a high day 2 pick.     

But Watson jumped off screen to me in what little I could watch.   The eye discipline and ability to get depth to limit the underneath throws were the selling point. 

Edit: that site also had Savage as Browns 2nd round target.  A player I took for the Vikes right after I nabbed Watson for the Brownies. 

• Zombo unpinned this topic