Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeho

RIP BILLY MAYS

50 years old. Found dead today at his home. This has been a crazy week.

50 years old. Found dead today at his home. This has been a crazy week.

Probably roids.

He was from Mckees Rocks (Pittsburgh).

Zombo

Guest AdaM
Orange Glow Sales goes crazy...

There's no way that dude didn't type in all caps... all the time.

Is my brain malfunctioning? Who is Billy Mays?

That loud, bearded guy who shouts at you to buy stuff on TV.

Orange Glow Sales goes crazy...

I heard on the radio that Michael Jackson's merchandise sales went up 700% since he died.

Guest mz.
RIP BILLY MAYS, ANOTHER TAKEN FROM US

Matthew Lesko, the Video Professor and Vince the Slap Chop/Shamwow guy are now vying for the Infomercial Championship belt Mays just vacated.

Jeebus! As a male who can see 50 around the corner, this week has been quite a bit scary. One that hasn't been mentioned amidst all the Michael/Farrah hoopla is Sky Saxon of The Seeds who recorded the Garage classic "Pushin' Too Hard" in the late 60's.

Doug

another what taken from us?

Person? People die everyday. More than four people die all across the world in any given second.

Why did this guy do to get more grief from the sheeple than those who really deserve it, like the guy in this story?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...0,6356913.story

"A Maitland father of two died Sunday after rescuing his son from a waterfall in North Carolina.

Mike Grady, 52, died when his leg became trapped between rocks after saving his son from a similar situation, according to published reports in Asheville, N.C. Grady was on vacation with his wife Lisa and two sons, Austin and Tyler."

Guest mz.
Why did this guy do to get more grief from the sheeple than those who really deserve it, like the guy in this story?

Pretty simple answer. He's a television personality folks have heard of.

PS how are you the arbiter of who really "deserves" "grief?"

you also "hear" of convicted murderers who are killed by the state. Doesn't mean you know them; nor do most people know Billy Mays. It's sad when anyone dies, but it is not more sad when someone you've "heard" of dies. People die everyday. Sheep wrongfully pay more attention to the death of a snake oil salesman than their neighbor across the street.

Guest mz.

It's hard to discuss the death of someone nobody's ever heard of, Pumpkin Eater. Billy Mays is a topic of discussion here, I reckon, because folks here knew who he was. Nobody's saying he deserves more "grief" than someone nobody knew...

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

(That's the sound a "sheep" makes)

It's hard to discuss the death of someone nobody's ever heard of, Pumpkin Eater. Billy Mays is a topic of discussion here, I reckon, because folks here knew who he was. Nobody's saying he deserves more "grief" than someone nobody knew...

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

(That's the sound a "sheep" makes)

I think it's how he died is why it is interesting. Hit his head and never woke up. Didn't that happen to Liam Nieson's wife recently?

Guest AdaM
I heard on the radio that Michael Jackson's merchandise sales went up 700% since he died.

He had to try and get outa debt somehow.... badum tish.

Classless.

I'm pretty used to the internet but the doctored picture in this thread is flat out offensive. If that type of posting is considered "okay" on these boards I really have to think about being a part of this community.

I hope the mods agree and delete it.

Mays was beyond the classic energetic big mouth tv sales guy he successfully pushed inferior TV products like only he could...and he was good at it...;)

Mays was beyond the classic energetic big mouth tv sales guy he successfully pushed inferior TV products like only he could...and he was good at it...;)

He was the best at his job.

It must be interesting living life on such high moral ground that you constantly get to judge the rest of us.....

BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Get over it.

Or, should I say:

"You're right, I'm making assumptions about the people that voted on this...but that's my right."

Either way, you should probably put your big girl panties on.

That explains what an annoying fook he was.

Thanks for supporting him and his products - he was a HUGE Steelers fan! He was at the Super Bowl against the Cards sitting in a sky box cheering on his Steelers!

He is dead now, but your money has supported his cause for a long time, which in turn supported the Steelers - thanks for being part of Steelers Nation indirectly!

Yins never know where your money is going - do you know how many Stiller fans are out there? A shit load - thats why they call us Steeler Nation. I am certain that each of you is spending a lot of money on the Steelers - thanks!