THE BROWNS BOARD

Safety Arriving ....Berry, Boston ?

darren15

Most of this links 'Dorsey quotes' were just on NFL radio about 2 hour ago, from the league meetings in Arizona. Pat Kirwin poked around the question, "if we were done adding FA's, moving to draft mode"..Dorsey 1st response was "Yes", than later in the interview"No"..that's JD in every interview..At the end, Dorsey said "his group would finalize it's gameplan after meetings". This happens at every league meetings. All agents such as Rosenhaus are there,every Gm & owner..Dorsey also announced that the browns would have intersquad practises with the Colts in Indy around preseason games..stay tuned 

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Pat Kirwin poked around the question, "if we were done adding FA's, moving to draft mode"..Dorsey 1st response was "Yes", than later in the interview"No"..that's JD in every interview.

John just answers the questions.  Sometimes the questions are bullshit, sometimes the answers are bullshit, and sometimes it's both.  :)

Eric Berry is a beast. Make it happen Superbowl bound Browns.

4 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Eric Berry is a beast. Make it happen Superbowl bound Browns.

Don't be name chasing again. The Chiefs defense was the reason they didn't make the Super Bowl, and KC deemed Berry expendable- not worth what he was going to be paid. He's a beast that's been crippled for much of the last two years Po. Three games played in the past two seasons. Huge injury risk, that's a waste of a roster spot if he gets hurt again. 

"As a rookie he made the Pro Bowl for the first of what would be five times. He was voted first-team All-Pro three times.

But the next season also provided the first sign of things to come for Berry. He tore his ACL in the first quarter of the opener, ending his season. That was the first of four seasons in which Berry missed almost an entire season.

Berry's 2017 season ended after one game because of a torn Achilles tendon. He played in just three games in 2018 because of an ailing heel. Of the Chiefs' last 34 games, counting the playoffs, Berry participated in just three."

3 hours ago, Pavo Joe said:

His recent injury history is the exact reason that he should be able to be signed to a bargain one year deal. If not. move along. I think I'll trust Dorseys judgement on this one.  

Or the docs judgement. If it's the same heel as the torn Achilles, that's an issue. Looks like the Cowboys took him for a test drive and passed.

If a safety is arriving soon....it may likely be in the draft. With that #49 we could be looking at the likes of Nassir Adderly/Delaware (a HOF name for a safety..see "Herb"),  Taylor Rapp/Washington, Deonte Thompson/Alabama.

Or, how about this guy: 

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

DJ2V3CrVwAAsQqF.jpg

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Can you imagine if we actually draft this guy?

Wouldnt he be better playing for Carolina on breast cancer awareness week ?

pink_panther_1.jpg

On 3/26/2019 at 4:50 PM, The Gipper said:

The depth chart only lists Randall and Kindrick as "Safeties"...and does not distinquish.  Which one plays which....and are they enough at either spot?

Randall is the free safety, he played at a Pro Bowl level last season, imo.

Kindrick was sharing time with Peppers at SS.

There are only two other safeties on the roster currently, special teams ace Jermaine Whitehead and the international guy, who we get to carry as an extra roster spot on the practice squad, but won't make the team.

Zombo

On 3/26/2019 at 5:00 PM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Is Boston that much of an upgrade to Kindred? (Rated 74.4 on pff) He’ll be asking for upward of 4 million, I’m assuming, and Kindred is earning under a 1M at the moment.

In Wilks system yes, but for about 3 million sounds about right if picked up after draft..Here's a fairly good look on what to expect from Wilks D front & backend..Boston faired well with Wilks in Carolina.. https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/3/25/18259385/what-to-expect-from-wilks-the-fire-zone-blitz-part-1 but, bring your football junkie helmets..    

7 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

thanks, those career numbers can't hurt when nobody wanted to throw the ball at Josh Norman nor Patrick Peterson..why not D.Ward..locking up a starting Safety or linebacker would clear some smoke on this draft..

11 hours ago, Zombo said:

Randall is the free safety, he played at a Pro Bowl level last season, imo.

Kindrick was sharing time with Peppers at SS.

There are only two other safeties on the roster currently, special teams ace Jermaine Whitehead and the international guy, who we get to carry as an extra roster spot on the practice squad, but won't make the team.

Zombo

So, you think that we DO need someone at those spots?

I honestly see us making 2 changes before end of next week .....Darron Lee in a trade for Ogbah and the addition of Trey Boston .....

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Don't you think that if that was going to be done it would have happened already?

No ....I think Trey Boston is waiting to see what other offers he gets ....I think we would of offered a one year deal also the Lee/Ogbah trade could be down to the swapping of draft picks that go with it ....I maybe wrong just guessing

1 minute ago, darren15 said:

No ....I think Trey Boston is waiting to see what other offers he gets ....I think we would of offered a one year deal also the Lee/Ogbah trade could be down to the swapping of draft picks that go with it ....I maybe wrong just guessing

I'm thinking the same thing about Lee/Ogbah. Hey, look at it this way...It's 50-50. We'll either be right or wrong.

Mike

5 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Oh, in other news..... The Browns could have an iron in the fire getting hotter. Maybe hot enough by early next week.

This guy is flagged as a real source ..... 

Lane Atkins? He's the original Browns internet source.

Zombo

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Lane Atkins? He's the original Browns internet source.

Zombo

I won't get into the political stuff I saw on his Twitter page, but may be time to visit the other Forum.  

Archived