Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alkid3

Bye gronk!!

Recommended Posts

Who cares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do & i played TE..Am a Browns fan, but Gronk was one of my Favorite Badass's on the Field..Great dude, Congrats & good luck Gronk¬†ūüí™

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I practically LIVE for the Browns, but I will miss Gronk too. He is truly one of the game's characters, always having fun, laughing, joking, & playing with a passion like few others. He was fun to watch & the game will miss him.

Mike

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

I practically LIVE for the Browns, but I will miss Gronk too. He is truly one of the game's characters, always having fun, laughing, joking, & playing with a passion like few others. He was fun to watch & the game will miss him.

Mike

Got to give the guy credit - he doesn't strike me as a person when his time is up is going to have a lot of regrets. 

In a league full of pretentious assholes and head cases, he was fun. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Got to give the guy credit - he doesn't strike me as a person when his time is up is going to have a lot of regrets. 

In a league full of pretentious assholes and head cases, he was fun. 

You couldn't have said it better Dutch.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much respect for him - I named a couple FF teams after him.

However, 2018 Gronk was a shell of the perennial All-Pro [47/682/3].  Yes, he's a first-ballot HoF player, but Pats have expected this for some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think Gonzales was better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Still think Gonzales was better

He had better career stats because he played forever. Gonzalez has huge career stats because he grinded his way to them. 

Gronkowski at his best was a far more productive player. Injuries really robbed him of amazing career stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I cant wait to see what this dude does outside football. He would be a hilarious pre game guy. 

I could see him becoming the new Terry Bradshaw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great player... hard worker (work hard play hard).

In addition to his physical gifts and receiving prowess, he was one of the best blocking TEs I've ever seen...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Great player... hard worker (work hard play hard).

In addition to his physical gifts and receiving prowess, he was one of the best blocking TEs I've ever seen...

One of the best all time TEs he won a lot of games just on his grit and detrrmination.

Tom Brady and the Pats nation will miss him.....big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gronk when healthy was to the Pats what the ageless one has been for the Chargers, the go to guy when the chips are down. I'd like to see Gates just one more season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bye bye Gronk

No more passes from Brady

Time to retire

and party like slim shady

Don't pull a hammy

on the dance floor

don't catch the herps

from the village whore

your back be sore

from getting hit by those backers

balling like Shannon Sharpe

white as a saltine cracker

Gronk gettin' paid

Gronk gettin' laid

Robert Kraft is callin'

so is Arnold with his maid

better hurry up

and leave big Tom behind

he likes his tight ends

but you're one of a kind.

 

MIC DROP!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nero said:

You can dislike him because he was a Patriot, but not because he was either a douche or a bad player. 

I have enjoyed a lot watching him play. Few times you can see someone being at the same time so big and so fast, he made DCs dream with him, thinking who would they assign him or how would they stop him... Some of the plays he has made are outright amazing. 

He was a lot of fun and I hope his body is not too beaten up so he can enjoy the rest of his life keeping that smile and cheer of his.

I don't dislike him at all.....not even because he is a Patriot!!     I a just tired of the Patriots. I give them one more year with Brady and then they can go back to being one of the really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady had serious trouble without Gronk in the line-up. So, I expect they will try to replace him fast.

But apparently, they want Jared Cook but he wants to sign with the Saints. Stay tuned?

Interesting:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/03/25/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-nfl-draft-tight-end/3263848002/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Brady had serious trouble without Gronk in the line-up. So, I expect they will try to replace him fast.

But apparently, they want Jared Cook but he wants to sign with the Saints. Stay tuned?

Interesting:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/03/25/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-nfl-draft-tight-end/3263848002/

Although, they won the Super Bowl vs. ATL  without Gronk playing at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Although, they won the Super Bowl vs. ATL  without Gronk playing at all.

it happens. He wasn't their only weapon, but Gronk has saved Tom Brady from losing so many times....they wouldn't have gotten there without him, I think. He caught 69 passes for 1,084 yards for them in 2017.

               
                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Gronk when healthy was to the Pats what the ageless one has been for the Chargers, the go to guy when the chips are down. I'd like to see Gates just one more season.

I had Gates for years on my FL teams he was a WR at TE along with a few others. A great TE who can block and catch is a real asset.

There are only maybe 3 or 4 in any given year that can rack up FL points......or win games!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, secondwave said:

Gronk's peak was probably better than any TE ever. Just a beast. Great blocker as well.

It helped him a lot that he may have had the GOAT throwing the ball to him. Not that he would not have been great otherwise.  But let's face it.....if he had Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer, John P. Football, Brandon Weeden...and some of the other bunch we had at trigger....he may not have made as big of an impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't dislike him at all.....not even because he is a Patriot!!     I a just tired of the Patriots. I give them one more year with Brady and then they can go back to being one of the really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000.

"One of those really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000."

This certainly doesn't look good from a fellow Browns fan. In those terrible years, they made 2 more Super Bowl appearances than the Browns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

"One of those really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000."

This certainly doesn't look good from a fellow Browns fan. In those terrible years, they made 2 more Super Bowl appearances than the Browns.

 

They were still one of the worst teams in football during that period far worse than the Browns lots of teams were worse than the browns and made a Super bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 2:51 AM, mjp28 said:

One of the best all time TEs he won a lot of games just on his grit and detrrmination.

Tom Brady and the Pats nation will miss him.....big time.

Agree...

And reflect for a second on what could have been had the Pats developed their Gronk-Aaron Hernandez, 2-TE set.

We saw one year of this... and it was impressive to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They were still one of the worst teams in football during that period far worse than the Browns lots of teams were worse than the browns and made a Super bowl

I know what you were trying to say. But even when they were a good team, the Browns couldn't reach the height of the bad Patriots. 

Just doesn't make sense to me to call them so bad when they obtained something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×