THE BROWNS BOARD

Are we done improving?

LBC mike

We added through trades and a couple of friends agents and have been silent since then.  We don't have a draft pick until the second pick.  So now I am bored and anxious for something to happen.

I don't see an impact player by the time we pick.  So the team is what I see us entering preseason.

Although it is nice NOT having the top pick again and three in round one.

Time to use true drafting and trading skills this year.

I see nothing more until the draft, then maybe a FA that becomes available after the draft if that player fits a need...... I think we've pretty much saddled the 'acquire an impact player' horse. 

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I see nothing more until the draft, then maybe a FA that becomes available after the draft if that player fits a need...... I think we've pretty much saddled the 'acquire an impact player' horse. 

How boring.  Lol. Fuck you Dorsey for plugging round holes with round plugs and not square ones.

7 hours ago, LBC mike said:

We added through trades and a couple of friends agents and have been silent since then.  We don't have a draft pick until the second pick.  So now I am bored and anxious for something to happen.

I don't see an impact player by the time we pick.  So the team is what I see us entering preseason.

We got Chubb, Callaway and Avery after the first round last year ... Dorsey will find us players.

And if we need a part at the last minute ... a linebacker, a safety, an injury replacement on the offensive line ... there are always some quality vets floating around when camp breaks

Z

I don't think we're done. I think Dorsey will add, through trade, another impact player & I think that will be either a LB or safety. Just one old man's hunch.

Keep in mind too that Dorsey, Highsmith, & Wolf have quite a track record of finding playmakers in the mid to late rounds of the draft & UDFAs.

Mike

15 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I meant an impact changer.  I know we will fill holes, add depth and add special teams with the draft picks.   Starter caliber with our later picks. 

Everybody wants that, but it rarely happens.  Dorsey is as good at finding thoe players as anyone.  Just because you and I don't see impact players left doesn't mean Dorsey doesn't.  I am sure he has 4-5 targeted players per round.  We will just have to see if we can get any of them.

Archived