THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Sign Witzmann

darren15

48 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Not a believer of THE Greg Joseph?

Kicker of the glorious game winner that beat Baltimore...

well, I don't know kicking, Joseph will be fine if he get get his consistency going. The top three kickers in the draft, per Walter football, kicked about 88 percent, 91 percent....

But when I looked at his college stats...well... he was inconsistent in college, too.

Kicking Punting
Year School Conf Class Pos G XPM XPA XP% FGM FGA FG% Pts Punts Yds Avg
Career Florida Atlantic         165 170 97.1 57 82 69.5 336 0 0

2014 Florida Atlantic CUSA SO K 11 34 35 97.1 14 20 70.0 76 0 0  
2015 Florida Atlantic CUSA JR K 12 28 28 100.0 18 27 66.7 82 0 0  
2016 Florida Atlantic CUSA JR K 12 39 39 100.0 10 14 71.4 69 0 0  
*2017 Florida Atlantic CUSA SR K 14 64 68 94.1 15 21 71.4 109 0 0  

28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Uhh.....Linebackers.

well, they signed two fa lb's, but I won't be surprised if they draft one. I didn't consider

it a -need-. But what do I know?

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, they signed two fa lb's, but I won't be surprised if they draft one. I didn't consider

it a -need-. But what do I know?

They may go OL Cal, but I'll be surprised if it's with the remaining second round pick. I'll agree with Gipper, LB or CB before OL.   

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

well, I don't know kicking, Joseph will be fine if he get get his consistency going. The top three kickers in the draft, per Walter football, kicked about 88 percent, 91 percent....

But when I looked at his college stats...well... he was inconsistent in college, too.

He’s got a leg. The power is there, for the LONG FGs. And he did well for a guy with decent college stats. 

Maybe a kicker will get drafted but you really gotta be sure that kicker is cold blooded/clutch if you draft him.

Seahawks drafted a punter last year and that guy was like a veteran punter as a rookie.

Dorsey may have drafted Corbett..but he's securing position insurance for the team...good gm work imo..put it on the coaches who earns the position..still feel the rounds to move up is 2nd & 3rd..BPA needs.. LB(collins),SS(Peppers is spelled Kindred).OT & or a CB that has FS depth skills to Randall (better* than the guy we let walk to Houston) I trust, they have a plan

19 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I believe he’s the second veteran FA guard brought in. Have to wonder how confident Dorsey is in Corbett. Or perhaps a motivational tool to get Corbett to kick it up a notch, and maybe grow some facial hair.

Even though they may not be talented enough to start, some of those veterans have learned the techniques well enough to pass on to those more talented. I don't mind them through most of TCs.

I believe Corbett will be fine, but as Joe Thomas says he certainly isn't a tackle.

Naturally, hj put him at tackle. He didn't listen to Joe Thomas or anybody else. Just dumb.

https://www.sfgate.com/lifestyle/article/It-s-not-just-you-New-data-shows-more-than-half-13706291.php

On 3/24/2019 at 7:55 PM, Unsympathetic said:

PFF has an unimpressive rating -- note that Witzmann's grade in a few preseason games was nearly the same as his 2018 season grade.

He is who we thought he is..

... i.e., a NFL back-up. No shame in that...

Also if you are PFF's "#65" ranked OG, then you would seem to be the best non-starting OG in the league. Something to think about...

Made 20 starts in the past two years... so he has experience, but looks like he was out of football all of 2015???

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS AV
Career       37 20 11
2 yrs KAN     27 13 8
1 yr CHI     10 7 3
2014 24 HOU     0    
2016 26 KAN   70 11 0 1
2017 27 KAN LG 70 16 13 7
2018 28 CHI rg 78 10 7 3

Archived