darren15

Just now, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Who thought we got Eric berry for ogbah and about pooped

Are you Mary Kay Cabot ?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, choco said:

gip...youre the king of internet research.  how can you be so hyperbolic...

I can be that because it is fun to be so.

.of the 18 players (by my count on ESPN transaction log), we've added, 4 of which have previous ties to Dorsey.  only for this year...last year was less (could be wrong, going from memory on the ties)

thats a ton? 

Maybe.  What is their combined weight?  At least a half a ton.

no its not.  its perception...fanspeak.  maybe...just maybe...ogbah wasn't cutting it and was let go because he sucks?  how is that any less possible than just blindly jettisoning players based on who drafted them?  should we send garrett, higgins, kikro, bitonio packing as well?  since these players are still here, isn't it reasonable to think that performance trumps who drafted said player?

seriously...this argument is fucking dumb as hell, and lazy, that its a "my guy" decision.  if anyone thinks competent GM's do business this way, there's a bridge to nowhere in florida i'd love ya to take a look at.

Yes, it is all hyperbolic/fanspeak etc.  Welcome to fucking America and the world of NFL fans.  You want rationality, call an accountant.  And I have seen that bridge in Florida. (and you are welcome for the Jamie Lee boob shot)

5 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

So we traded a backup DE for a special teams ace. I can live with that.

We signed 2 special teams aces ...... Adarius Taylor is one too :)

On 4/2/2019 at 5:50 AM, darren15 said:

Murray is a big upgrade on Kindred and had comparable stats to Peppers hitting the gaps and better in pass coverage.....

Source?

On 4/2/2019 at 7:06 AM, Zombo said:

Wilks likes two "coverage safeties" not a traditional SS like Kindred. Dorsey says "I happen to know an up and coming one, let me see if I can get him for this spare part we're not going to use."

I think it is more about getting the coaches what they need with someone he is familiar with than proving himself right.

That I can see... just finished a post in the Kindred thread about Kindred being more in the classic SS mold with Murray a better coverage guy.

But I went on there to ask, "where is our 'tonesetter' in our back 7?"

Kindred had a shot at filling that role... Murray has none IMO.

And if that role is not important to Wilks, then I don't know what kind of D we are going to be fielding.

12 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

So we traded a backup DE for a special teams ace. I can live with that.

Shhhh... you'll disappoint the peanut gallery cheering the addition of this final piece...

12 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

PFF Analysis of the trade

While Murray has mostly struggled along with the Chiefs’ defense over the past two years, allowing a 103.6 passer rating into his coverage and committing nine penalties, he’s likely to offer value as a reserve if he doesn’t end up starting.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Source?

That I can see... just finished a post in the Kindred thread about Kindred being more in the classic SS mold with Murray a better coverage guy.

And if that role is not important to Wilks, then I don't know what kind of D we are going to be fielding.

I think they are relying on that front 4 to be the tonesetters for the D. Sure it would be nice to find one in the back 7, but if you give QBs 2 seconds and under to find receivers, that sets up the rest of the D players for a lot of mistakes by opposing QBs. Then the cream rises to the top among those 7. It will be fun to see how this develops over time. Also fun to see who gets picked up from now till the end of the draft to go in that group.

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think they are relying on that front 4 to be the tonesetters for the D. Sure it would be nice to find one in the back 7, but if you give QBs 2 seconds and under to find receivers, that sets up the rest of the D players for a lot of mistakes by opposing QBs. Then the cream rises to the top among those 7. It will be fun to see how this develops over time. Also fun to see who gets picked up from now till the end of the draft to go in that group.

Every great D I can think of always had at least one of the back 7 that could rock whomever had the rock. Many had more than one... a couple had three. Four? Maybe one...

Impact sets tone...

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Source?

I don't think we are done at Safety yet. And I don't know about "tonesetter", but Randall is the leader and quarterback of the secondary.

Zombo

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Every great D I can think of always had at least one of the back 7 that could rock whomever had the rock. Many had more than one... a couple had three. Four? Maybe one...

Impact sets tone...

Haven't you heard Tour, they don't want any "impacts" anymore in the NFL.😁

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I don't think we are done at Safety yet. And I don't know about "tonesetter", but Randall is the leader and quarterback of the secondary.

Zombo

Are you nuts? He had a few gimme interceptions at the beginning of the year and people automatically think he’s the next tashaun Gipson. The dude was ousted from his own draft team after doing nothing but getting burnt for 3 years. He’s not the worst but try about 22nd best free safety. No quarterback 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Shhhh... you'll disappoint the peanut gallery cheering the addition of this final piece...

Is that what you think Murray is just a special teams player and not really worthy of being our strong safety? I get that you want to headhunter back there and I would be glad to have one of those two if it can be had. Maybe in the draft. Though I think that that tone set or you want should come from the linebacker position 

1 hour ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Are you nuts? He had a few gimme interceptions at the beginning of the year and people automatically think he’s the next tashaun Gipson. The dude was ousted from his own draft team after doing nothing but getting burnt for 3 years. He’s not the worst but try about 22nd best free safety. No quarterback 

He was the defensive version of Landry: Leading by example and changing the culture. And a natural fit at free safety.

Z

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

I don't think we are done at Safety yet.

Which makes me wonder all the more about the Ogbah trade...

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Haven't you heard Tour, they don't want any "impacts" anymore in the NFL.😁

They do, Ag... just not headhunting ones. Shoulder to the zone between thighs and tits works just as well...

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Is that what you think Murray is just a special teams player and not really worthy of being our strong safety? I get that you want to headhunter back there and I would be glad to have one of those two if it can be had. Maybe in the draft. Though I think that that tone set or you want should come from the linebacker position 

Worthy? Doesn't enter into it. I'm saying he's not a very good Safety and I liked what we had better.

And no, not a "headhunter" (see above).

Yes, I'd prefer an ILB as my "tonesetter"... I've been pining for one for years... but the 2019 chance of that left for NYC a month or so ago.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

They do, Ag... just not headhunting ones. Shoulder to the zone between thighs and tits works just as well...

Worthy? Doesn't enter into it. I'm saying he's not a very good Safety and I liked what we had better.

And no, not a "headhunter" (see above).

Yes, I'd prefer an ILB as my "tonesetter"... I've been pining for one for years... but the 2019 chance of that left for NYC a month or so ago.

Are there really any inside linebacker tone sitters in the NFL these days. Who is the bad man in the middle now in the NFL?

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Who is the bad man in the middle now in the NFL?

Besides Kuechly?

And Mosely?

And Wagner?

And Foster (temporarily derailed)?

And Kendricks?

And Perryman?

There are more... some whose game is fading (Posluszny)... others whose game is ascending (Jaylon Smith).

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ogbah has more value to the Chiefs, who lost some pass rushers and need help, than he does to us, because we brought in a better player to replace him in the lineup.

Murray has more value to us because we had the league's worse special teams and were paper thin at safety.

Seems like a win/win to me.

Zombo

40 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

He might not even be on the chiefs roster come opening day. If they're still running a 34 where are they gonna put him? Gotta be the 5T but I though tgey already had a good 34 DE.

Good news for Ogbah, Steve Spagnuolo is the new D coord. 

57 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Good news for Ogbah, Steve Spagnuolo is the new D coord. 

Has traditionally been a 4-3 guy, but his BLT stint should have put some "hybrid" in him.

Archived