THE BROWNS BOARD

Ogbah Has Been Traded for S Eric Murray

darren15

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well.....just another guy that  Dorsey drafted.

Questions: 

Is this actually just one of those "my guy"  moves that otherwise does not make sense?

Is he really capable of doing the job for us?

So, we are down  both Kindred and Ogbah, and in return we have Murray. 

Is Murray even as good as Kindred?  Is Murray worth trading both Ogbah and  Kindred for him....since that is essentially what this is. 

Can we say that we are now at full strength and full depth at our SS position?  (and FS for that matter)

Are we now thin at DE....or is some of the flotsam and jetsam we have there  sufficient?  Smith, Zettel, Chad Thomas 

What are we looking for now in the draft?

I think we are good at DE for this year, theyll probably want to see if Thomas makes a leap forward, I still see us drafting a safety fairly high for the future.

Z

Jake Burns @jake_burns18
FollowingFollowing @jake_burns18
More

Jake Burns Retweeted Adam Schefter

Young player at a position of need. Upside as well. Played his best football of his career in 2018. Good deal for Cleveland.

24 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I think we are good at DE for this year, theyll probably want to see if Thomas makes a leap forward, I still see us drafting a safety fairly high for the future.

Z

Chad Thomas was just a rookie we drafted last year, no?   Yes,  he needs to be given a chance to prove himself.

All I can see is that Dorsey is determined to prove himself right at any cost.

I do not get this "deal".

12 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Why?

Because?

HTF am I supposed to explain what I do not get?

You like it? Make your case...

It's obvious that Dorsey did not see great value in Ogbah. 

...and with Duke not being with the team today.......I'm gettin' a bad feeling about him being around much longer.

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

It's obvious that Dorsey did not see great value in Ogbah. 

...and with Duke not being with the team today.......I'm gettin' a bad feeling about him being around much longer.

Yep. I'm thinking Duke's history pretty soon too, but we'll see. Darron Lee please.

Mike

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Because?

Tour, this sounds more and more like- "I know these guys from my time in KC". I hope it turns out better than Butch Davis' "I know these guys from my time at  Miami".    

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Because?

Well why do u have a problem with it? Ogbahs a 2nd round disappointment who's just not panned out here in 3 years. I saw more out of chris Smith's limited reps than I saw out of ogbah for 3 years. I'm quite content actually with our depth at DE. Between Avery and zettel/Smith we can afford to pace Myles and Vernon so they're fresh at the end of the season. 

That being said I still would have liked a utility DL like Hunt that can be depth at any position on the front 4. I still think we should try to draft a one gap type DT we can also rotate in outside. Not sure tho what's going to be there late in the 2nd round. There was a bama monster who's name escapes je right now that I had my eyes on, but I think he committed to another year at bama.

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

Well obviously browns will draft a safety high? Unless you want a sucky safety paired with an average at best Damarious Randall and young average corners

7 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Well obviously browns will draft a safety high? Unless you want a sucky safety paired with an average at best Damarious Randall and young average corners

Randall is far from average and neither is Denzel Ward ...... did you watch any games last year ?

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Sometimes ego interferes with making sound football decisions.  That may be the case here, maybe not.  Guess we'll find out once Murray starts playing.

Murray is a big upgrade on Kindred and had comparable stats to Peppers hitting the gaps and better in pass coverage.....

Dorsey has not let us down yet :)

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Wilks likes two "coverage safeties" not a traditional SS like Kindred. Dorsey says "I happen to know an up and coming one, let me see if I can get him for this spare part we're not going to use."

I think it is more about getting the coaches what they need with someone he is familiar with than proving himself right.

Z

9 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Justin Gilbert is back as Rob Chudzinski? Time to check ISPs

Z

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Because?

ogbah was merely a body.  his efficiency is terrible...1 pressure per 100 snaps, 1 sack per 250+ snaps.  yes, he bats balls down, basically because he never gets to the QB.  chris smith already has replaced that production and improved on it.  so instead of wasting a roster spot, we upgraded the SS spot a bit.  even if its depth for depth, its an upgrade.    

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Because?

I am skeptical to bring in this many people from KC.

I think it might leave a sour taste replacing Hunt for Duke with the players.

The safety has something to prove, but I liked Ogbah. I bet Dorsey has a plan, and we need a proven safety to start I think.

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Sometimes ego interferes with making sound football decisions.  That may be the case here, maybe not.  Guess we'll find out once Murray starts playing.

Yes, sometimes these guys just want  "My guy".  Hopefully these turn out for the best.

oRuXJQ.gif

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, sometimes these guys just want  "My guy".  Hopefully these turn out for the best.

oRuXJQ.gif

I think this is just fan speak...just a simple way for fans to rationalize a move. I'm sure it can't be more complicated than "just my guy", cause that's sound logic, no?

53 minutes ago, choco said:

I think this is just fan speak...just a simple way for fans to rationalize a move. I'm sure it can't be more complicated than "just my guy", cause that's sound logic, no?

Well....how many people has Dorsey brought in here that he drafted or that played for him in KC.  A ton. 

Again...if these guys are an upgrade from what we had here, all fine, well and good.

Let's put it this way....we are about to get another infusion of "Dorsey's guys"  (the draft).   He has done pretty well thus far...so I guess we need to trust him.

gip...youre the king of internet research.  how can you be so hyperbolic....of the 18 players (by my count on ESPN transaction log), we've added, 4 of which have previous ties to Dorsey.  only for this year...last year was less (could be wrong, going from memory on the ties)

thats a ton? 

no its not.  its perception...fanspeak.  maybe...just maybe...ogbah wasn't cutting it and was let go because he sucks?  how is that any less possible than just blindly jettisoning players based on who drafted them?  should we send garrett, higgins, kikro, bitonio packing as well?  since these players are still here, isn't it reasonable to think that performance trumps who drafted said player?

seriously...this argument is fucking dumb as hell, and lazy, that its a "my guy" decision.  if anyone thinks competent GM's do business this way, there's a bridge to nowhere in florida i'd love ya to take a look at.

12 minutes ago, choco said:

gip...youre the king of internet research.  how can you be so hyperbolic....of the 18 players (by my count on ESPN transaction log), we've added, 4 of which have previous ties to Dorsey.  only for this year...last year was less (could be wrong, going from memory on the ties)

thats a ton? 

no its not.  its perception...fanspeak.  maybe...just maybe...ogbah wasn't cutting it and was let go because he sucks?  how is that any less possible than just blindly jettisoning players based on who drafted them?  should we send garrett, higgins, kikro, bitonio packing as well?  since these players are still here, isn't it reasonable to think that performance trumps who drafted said player?

seriously...this argument is fucking dumb as hell, and lazy, that its a "my guy" decision.  if anyone thinks competent GM's do business this way, there's a bridge to nowhere in florida i'd love ya to take a look at.

Haha look at this guy. Saying Higgins with a straight face. 

Archived