THE BROWNS BOARD

Ogbah Has Been Traded for S Eric Murray

darren15

29 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Bingo. 

Putting weight on ogbah isn't likely to turn him into a player we need. 

If Williams wants him + a modest pick for Lee,  them I'm all aboard. 

you betcha.

CBs are a dime a dozen in the draft on Day 3. Always talent to mine there.

3rd may be possible, but we always over estimate our guys draft value.

MLB would be nice... good, solid, rotational guy that can rock an RB on early downs...

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

Some reports today are that Dorsey met with Jeffery Simmons last week

Not surprising... only shot we have at a potentially primo DT in this draft. 

Given his likely red-shirting, the move up to the late first it will likely take to get him also brings along that 5th-year option.

Grossi at the Zona meetings reported that the Darron Lee trade is still alive. I've been following this trade option for awhile, cause I just don't see us falling into a D.Lee type LB in our draft range. Safety & some other defensive positions should fall nicely to us at pick 49..Jets don't own a 2nd rounder, is their plan. And with a added in trade piece like Ogbah? Jets may not get anything better than flipping There comp 3rd for our pick #80 imo..the Jets fan board is all over the place on this deal  https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/143934-lee-trade-for-emanuel-ogbah-rumor/  no chance were giving up pick #49 imo but (Landry for a 4th & 7th---Randall for Kizer & swapped 4th & 5th round draft positions) this deal is doable

I really want  this Darron Lee for Ogbah trade to happen & I think it will, but it will probably mean another piece or maybe a flip-flopping of picks. We'll see, but I'm hopeful.

Mike

7 hours ago, Orion said:

You don't mean Landry, our receiver, do you?

trading? big no! but we received Jarvis on a franchise tender from miami by trading a 2018 4th & 2019 7th..His deal was redone in a month for 5 years..Darron Lee, we would control his 5th year option as like D.Randall..BTW..Have ya seen the Safety money getting tossed around at FA Safeties? no new deal has been done on Randall that was reported to get done weeks ago..  

7 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Emmanuel Ogbah did not report to the Browns offseason program today in anticipation of being traded in the near future, per source.

KC can use some DL help. Part of a deal for Berry?

18 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Emmanuel Ogbah did not report to the Browns offseason program today in anticipation of being traded in the near future, per source.

Ricardo, Kindred, Ogbah ... looking like a Sashi bloodletting today ... just leave Myles alone, please.

Z

On 3/19/2019 at 12:14 PM, Unsympathetic said:

Ogbah was picked at the top of the second.. there's not going to be anyone better available to us at any point in the draft.  Duke should receive more touches this season.. just like he should have last season.

Good teams have talent at non-starting roles.  Time for that to be the norm in Cleveland instead of the exception.  No more starting undrafted free agents who were stocking shelves at WalMart until someone got injured..

On 3/19/2019 at 12:14 PM, Unsympathetic said:

Ogbah was picked at the top of the second.. there's not going to be anyone better available to us at any point in the draft.  Duke should receive more touches this season.. just like he should have last season.

Good teams have talent at non-starting roles.  Time for that to be the norm in Cleveland instead of the exception.  No more starting undrafted free agents who were stocking shelves at WalMart until someone got injured..

duke should and i hope gets more touches...my concern is when hunt is off suspension, there are not enough touches for all 3 rb's...plus all the quality wr's we have now, there probably are not enough touches for them either....some of these players like bechham, landry, they bitch about alot of different things during their careers....good luck freddy....guess that is his problem.....this is either going to be awesome or a total disaster...hopefully awesome...

2 minutes ago, browns52 said:

duke should and i hope gets more touches...my concern is when hunt is off suspension, there are not enough touches for all 3 rb's...plus all the quality wr's we have now, there probably are not enough touches for them either....some of these players like bechham, landry, they bitch about alot of different things during their careers....good luck freddy....guess that is his problem.....this is either going to be awesome or a total disaster...hopefully awesome...

You are also forgetting that teams will inquire injuries during the year so I am not too concerned with amount of touches spread around.  I want production spread all around.

Ogbah's touches (as in touching the field of play) would go way down with our Bookend, 3-down DEs). So his production will not be hard to replace, His value is now in the trade market, because he can play every down if moved inside for NASCAR duty.

When Hunt returns, if Chubb is healthy and Hilliyard has not fumbled 12 times, then Duke is gone... traded to a team with a laid up RB who was leading them to the playoffs.

Well.....just another guy that  Dorsey drafted.

Questions: 

Is this actually just one of those "my guy"  moves that otherwise does not make sense?

Is he really capable of doing the job for us?

So, we are down  both Kindred and Ogbah, and in return we have Murray. 

Is Murray even as good as Kindred?  Is Murray worth trading both Ogbah and  Kindred for him....since that is essentially what this is. 

Can we say that we are now at full strength and full depth at our SS position?  (and FS for that matter)

Are we now thin at DE....or is some of the flotsam and jetsam we have there  sufficient?  Smith, Zettel, Chad Thomas 

What are we looking for now in the draft?

• Upvote 1