THE BROWNS BOARD

Ogbah Has Been Traded for S Eric Murray

darren15

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, darren15 said:

He has just tweeted It's Gods Plan ...... most people on twitter think he has gone

:)  You planning on taking over for Rappoport?   Not entirely surprising if true...  

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

:)  You planning on taking over for Rappoport?   Not entirely surprising if true...  

The Crap Sheet :)

Maybe it is nothing....he might just of been praying :)

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

im hearing rams are interested? no way....

Rams just signed QB Blake Bortles with like 7M in cap left..don't see it now  Edit--Trade Ogbah & Wilks straight up for Wade Phillips..make my day :D (i am Freddie's Father ;))

Don't know why we are in a hurry to get rid of players like Ogbah and Duke. Seems they have more value to us than the pick they would generate. Ogbah on a nice rookie contract, he may excel as a situational pass rusher. Duke is Duke, and those first 8 games count just as much as those last 8 do.

Zombo

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I suppose they could be wanting to trade one of them, to try to swap picks and move up in the second round?

maybe. kinda possible.

Would not surprise me for Dorsey to use 1 of the picks to go to say 5 in round 2 and the other to get back into the first round

Ogbah was picked at the top of the second.. there's not going to be anyone better available to us at any point in the draft.  Duke should receive more touches this season.. just like he should have last season.

Good teams have talent at non-starting roles.  Time for that to be the norm in Cleveland instead of the exception.  No more starting undrafted free agents who were stocking shelves at WalMart until someone got injured..

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Ogbah on a nice rookie contract, he may excel as a situational pass rusher. 

Because chris Smith is better. Ogbah doesnt have the dip and bend to be a "situational pass rusher". U wanna watch his bull rush get stuffed and his pads turned inside for a 4th straight year? Makes no sense. Both Smith and avery are far better so unless wilks wants to try him at DT, whats the point of keeping a 5th string DE on the roster?

Ya, Chris Smith is not "better". He's a solid football player and a confirmed backup.

Ogbah was not the right guy to be opposite from Garrett, he has failed that test. But he is extremely athletic and has knocked down 17 pass attempts in three years. He is a guy you can mix in on passing situations and create mismatches.

If he is as bad as you imply, then virtually no one would trade anything for him anyway.

Z

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Ya, Chris Smith is not "better". He's a solid football player and a confirmed backup.

Chris Smith is better around the edge than ogbah. He also holds the edge better than ogbah. Maybe ogbah can dance better tho. 

And yeah I agree trade offer will not come pouring in. Ogbah a big strong kid that can push in a straight line, so maybe someone has him in camp to try DT. That's what I would do with him FBI was the browns. Keep him as overall DL depth. 

*if so* ? Sounds familiar to the Randle trade.. https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/03/whats-next-for-jets-darron-lee-analyzing-pros-cons-of-trading-keeping-or-cutting-linebacker-after-cj-mosley-signing.html  Browns would control 5th year option..Gregg Williams DC at Jets.. 

2 hours ago, Justin_Gilbert2019 said:

Let ogbah bulk up and be a rotational defensive tackle. He’s big long and thick 

Could ruin him just as it did Billy Wynn...

26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Could ruin him just as it did Billy Wynn...

WqeU.gif   Thanks...do you need the knife out of your back or just twist it?

Archived