THE BROWNS BOARD

Bengals fans taking OBJ trade well...

jbluhm86

I am waiting for the Bengals fans to convince me that Bobby Hart was the best pick up in all of free agency ...you know there gonna try .....deluded bunglers

I wasn't crazy about trading for him.. But.. I'm leaving the negative shit behind.... I'm pulling for the kid to grow up and ball for us....I can't wallow in the quagmire that used to be shit browns football.. It's time to move onward and enjoy the ride.. because.. That's what I'm ready to do....

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

DLeeSeed seems to be a bit of a "homer"...

There still are a few Bungle fans having a delusion they can still compete.  They still do have AJ and Mixon-  Atkins on defense, and that's about it. Mixon & Bernard > Chubb & Hunt? funny. Dalton is as good as his surrounding cast, which outside of Green, isn't the greatest. 

5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Looks like they’re still in the denial stage...

When your BIG offseason moves entailed resigning made of glass oft injured Tyler Eifert (he's never made it through an entire season, and last three years played in a total of 14 games, then a few of their nobodies, OL Bobby Hart, John Miller (graded #46 guard by PFF) and Bengal fans are suppose to be excited? They're essentially sitting on their hands, must think they have a roster rivaling the Patriots, who have been pretty quiet in FA so far.   

• Haha 1

Since Nickers thought it was funny, here's something more from the reality bin. Dalton is so great (not) he's due a non guaranteed $16 million this year. AJ Green is 31, and on the last year of a contract that pays him $15 million. Will penny pinching Mike Brown be willing to pay him next year?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Justin_Gilbert2019 said:

This makes a lot of sense. They’ve had a decent roster built around guys like chad Johnson, tj houshyourmamma, and aj green. And yet they’ve been a poop stain let down every year. This actually makes the most sense 

If you didn't notice- I live 55 miles north of Paul Brown Stadium, and I get force fed more Bengal information than just about anyone on this Board. Have regular conversations with a Bengals season ticket holder. The Bengals are never going to compete for a Super Bowl again until Mike Brown starts spending the money to keep and attract top talent. And that will never happen while he's still alive. Didya know the Bengals are the only NFL cold weather team that doesn't have a dedicated indoor practice facility? 

That said- I'm not about to pencil the Bengals in as two automatic wins this year. They had a ton of injuries in 2018- in fact, the most in the NFL. But their FA moves reek of Mike Brown cheapness.  Add in, it remains to be seen waiting for Zac Taylor as their head coach until after the Super Bowl put them behind the eight ball hiring top assistants. Shades of the Browns when Mike Pettine had to go scraping the bottom of the barrell for assistants...  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

If you didn't notice- I live 55 miles north of Paul Brown Stadium, and I get force fed more Bengal information than just about anyone on this Board. Have regular conversations with a Bengals season ticket holder.

I think I'm right up there with you, Hoorta. I live in Butler County, and I'm the only Browns fan in a huge family of Bengals fans, lol.

I used to have the attitude of "if the Browns don't succeed, I hope the Bengals do" because of my family and the Bengals being an Ohio team, but obnoxious Bengals fans and bandwagoners really soured me on the team a few years ago back when they started like 10-0 and got beat by the Steelers in the playoffs 

The Browns have probably the most loyal fans in the NFL, while the Bengals have one of the highest percentages of homers in their fanbase. 

At least they can't blame Marvin this year, lol.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I might be willing to concede that Mixon and Gio is a hell of a combo. 

I had Mixon on one FL team last year, not bad. The FL teams will be interesting this year concerning the BROWNS players.

11 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I think I'm right up there with you, Hoorta. I live in Butler County, and I'm the only Browns fan in a huge family of Bengals fans, lol.

I used to have the attitude of "if the Browns don't succeed, I hope the Bengals do" because of my family and the Bengals being an Ohio team, but obnoxious Bengals fans and bandwagoners really soured me on the team a few years ago back when they started like 10-0 and got beat by the Steelers in the playoffs 

The Browns have probably the most loyal fans in the NFL, while the Bengals have one of the highest percentages of homers in their fanbase. 

At least they can't blame Marvin this year, lol.

As you well know jb- the Bengals have the biggest fairweather fanbase in the NFL. Wining- it's GREAT!!!   Start losing, and they (at least 95% of them anyway) all hide under their rocks.

I can say to my great satisfaction I was at the inaugural game at Paul Brown where the Bengals thought they'd christen the new stadium with an easy win over the hapless expansion Browns. Except it didn't happen that way.  :)  

No shock here- expected. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023144/article/bengals-releasing-vontaze-burfict-after-seven-seasons

Bengals will take best LB on board in April with their first round pick- bank it.

And no, we don't want him anywhere on the roster!!! 

• 3 months later...

...In other news, Bengals first round selection Jonah Williams, who was selected #11 overall is lost for the season. 

When it rains, it pours. 😪😂🤣

All joking aside, I hope he recovers well, never wish players outside of Pittsburgh to get hurt.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

...In other news, Bengals first round selection Jonah Williams, who was selected #11 overall is lost for the season. 

When it rains, it pours. 😪😂🤣

All joking aside, I hope he recovers well, never wish players outside of Pittsburgh to get hurt.

As they pointed out on NFL.com, the Bengals have had really bad luck of late (and not so late- in my book, Ki-Jana Carter is one of the all time first round injury busts in NFL history) with their first round picks getting hurt. Price and Ross both missed significant time their rookie years.  

What this means is Cordy Glenn will move back to his old LT spot. The were going to move him inside to LG.  

I think that Cleveland's OL will actually end up being one of the true strengths of the team. 

An OL looks really good when the QB gets rid of the ball and avoid taking sacks. 

Baltimore has Lamar Jackson... he's gonna get hurt.

Bengals have Dalton but they struggled last year and since homeboy went down they are really going to be trotting out the same line. Spells doom for Dalton. 

Pittsburgh has a decent line but Ben isn't a spring chicken anymore and after a few more tumbles with the Browns Defense, it could be game over.

Cleveland Browns have a relatively young offensive line that is getting a couple of nice additions. Couple that with a QB that is savvy behind the line and makes quick decisions and you have a recipe for a top 5 OL. 

On 3/17/2019 at 5:03 PM, hoorta said:

Since Nickers thought it was funny, here's something more from the reality bin. Dalton is so great (not) he's due a non guaranteed $16 million this year. AJ Green is 31, and on the last year of a contract that pays him $15 million. Will penny pinching Mike Brown be willing to pay him next year?

I thought what was funny?.. What's funny is the Bunghole fan saying Dalton and Baker are a wash lol.. Baker is light years ahead in football intelligence and accuracy.. It's not even a debate..

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I think that Cleveland's OL will actually end up being one of the true strengths of the team. 

An OL looks really good when the QB gets rid of the ball and avoid taking sacks. 

Cleveland Browns have a relatively young offensive line that is getting a couple of nice additions. Couple that with a QB that is savvy behind the line and makes quick decisions and you have a recipe for a top 5 OL. 

Sole biggest concern left,imo..After Center & LG,I'd be concerned after seeing what the Ravens did in season finale to both Tackles.include Pittsburgh. Seems, So was Dorsey..If Dorsey could find a way to steal LT Trent Williams from Redskins?..sign me up! Throw all the bodies ya can at that right side of line...Pads in a month..tick,tock