THE BROWNS BOARD

So if Duke plays well for 8 games, why bother with hunt?

Clevfan4life

depends - hopefully it never happens, but rb's get banged up/injured. It if happens to Chubb, and he might miss a game or two?

you need a backup to keep heading toward the super bowl.

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Would seem to me that after 8 games chubb and Duke might very well have a good rotational rhythm going. Would u fuck with that after 8 games?

As Nickers said. Duke is journeyman status. 3rd down back quality. Not lead back material. Hunt lead the league in rushing. That's top 10 in the NFL (minimum) quality- elite in my book. You could argue when on the field, he's at least as good as Chubb. 

Receiving out of the backfield? Hunt is mighty good at that, threat to take it to the house.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HuntKa00.htm

Chubb + Hunt is a scary good rotation. Duke instantly becomes imminently expendable. Assuming Hunt plays up to his pre suspension level, we'd only be able to keep him for one more year with a RFA first round tender. After that, we wouldn't be able to afford to keep him around. 

6 hours ago, LBC mike said:

We will be a force to wrecken with.  We are number 5 at winning the super bowl this year.  It's so surreal I don't know what to think.

And 3rd to win the AFC Championship right now......whoa!

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Because Hunt is 10x's the back Duke is...

Slight exaggeration, but point is spot on... unless maybe you used a log scale???

Hunt is simply at another level.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Slight exaggeration, but point is spot on... unless maybe you used a log scale???

How much better was it to draft Nick Chubb and send the Crow packing? Well that's about where I am with Hunt vs Johnson. Vast difference in abilities as RBs. Plus both Chubb and Hunt can catch out of the backfield, Johnson's biggest selling point in a trade.

Potential trading spots for Johnson below:

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/16/duke-johnson-cleveland-browns-trade-rumors/

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Well.. I was just condensing the answer but , yes... He certainly is...

I get everything i read here..but*  we still own over 50M in cap space & Dukes money is guarantee'd by browns next season anyway..besides the "it's not your money", i don't see Dukes trade value (nor money) not being worth the 8 games Hunt will be out.(3rd rounder paying 1.8M).If Dorsey can use Duke's trade value to go get his bridge RB during this draft? makes some sense..Duke lasting till trade deadline? sure,that may carry some risk? This is truly a toss up decision imo till Hunt's return..(and Duke ain't stupid)

I feel bad for Duke tbh. Because we're so stupid stacked on offense I almost feel like Duke vs hunt is a wash. In the roles they're gonna play, not sure theres a huge difference. As the "feature back"...sure, u take hunt. 

Doesnt anyone else feel bad that hunt gets to Wayne Brady a bitch and then land here in clev just in time for the start of an era....while Duke who's been here since Pettine gets walked out...?

2 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Hunt is a top back. Chubb looks to be a top RB. Duke Johnson is a talented receiving/3rd down back who we need this year. Big time. 

Only until Hunt comes back maybe. Have you watched how Hunt was used? He's just as good a receiver out of the backfield as Duke.

30 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Only until Hunt comes back maybe. Have you watched how Hunt was used? He's just as good a receiver out of the backfield as Duke.

Smh. Yea let’s just throw away Duke in the Garbage once we have 2 RBs in front of him on the depth chart.

I wrote “this year” for a reason..

5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Smh. Yea let’s just throw away Duke in the Garbage once we have 2 RBs in front of him on the depth chart.

I wrote “this year” for a reason..

If we can get a third round pick for Duke, I'm warming to the idea. Assuming no injuries- Once Hunt sees the field, Duke won't. It's that simple. 

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I read here that Jags might be a option^^

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

If we can get a third round pick for Duke, I'm warming to the idea. Assuming no injuries- Once Hunt sees the field, Duke won't. It's that simple. 

Let's go crazy, lets get nutz..I get that Jalen Ramsey is a boisterous personality prick.but he's got football talent.. Reading more into Jags info, they want to pay Jalen his 5th year option, But after playing next season..Ramsey may sit, cause he thinks his worth is more now than his rookie deal..Reading into Pitts./KC/Oak fan boards, most are reading it will take a 1st & 3rd rounder..How bout next years 1st & Duke & maybe a later pick? I feel Ramsey is about to stab the Jags in the back by waiting past this draft to no show at camp..Coughlin's never late.. but he maybe late on this one..I like Duke... but Ward & Ramsey could make that pass rather quickly..(ever had that moment, where you don't really want to hit send? 10 mins.later 👍)

On 3/16/2019 at 7:24 PM, Clevfan4life said:

Would seem to me that after 8 games chubb and Duke might very well have a good rotational rhythm going. Would u fuck with that after 8 gsmes?

He was signed for a reason.   And the reason is that he was available and is a very good RB (possibly better than Chubb).

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I read here that Jags might be a option^^

Let's go crazy, lets get nutz..I get that Jalen Ramsey is a boisterous personality prick.but he's got football talent.. Reading more into Jags info, they want to pay Jalen his 5th year option, But after playing next season..Ramsey may sit, cause he thinks his worth is more now than his rookie deal..Reading into Pitts./KC/Oak fan boards, most are reading it will take a 1st & 3rd rounder..How bout next years 1st & Duke & maybe a later pick? I feel Ramsey is about to stab the Jags in the back by waiting past this draft to no show at camp..Coughlin's never late.. but he maybe late on this one..I like Duke... but Ward & Ramsey could make that pass rather quickly..(ever had that moment, where you don't really want to hit send? 10 mins.later 👍)

Trading for Ramsey- there goes the Cap. KA-BLAM. You do a deal like that only if that's your Super Bowl contending roster for the foreseeable future. 

EDIT: Cross referencing from the TJ Lang thread, sorry, we can't afford a $12 million dollar CB. The Cap is pretty much already shot with Vernon and OBJ.  

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Trading for Ramsey- there goes the Cap. KA-BLAM. You do a deal like that only if that's your Super Bowl contending roster for the foreseeable future.  

We might be there h? back to back..Yeah, I got caught thinking we still had 50.1M left from a Daryl Ruiter tweet..either OBJ or last few moves were not calculated..Looking ahead our draft cost as is may cost 5.2M..2020 FA-Schobert,Hunt,Randall,Tretter to name a few..a few more in 2021-Vernon,(Garrett/Njoku=5th yr. option on both?),Smith,Mitchell,Ogun.. Nice problem to have aye..Colts/Texans, the 2 afc wildcard teams now lead in cap space..it's a funny game 

Archived